Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3367 3368 [3369] 3370 3371 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788101 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #50520 on: August 16, 2017, 02:02:51 pm »

Still Running DF 43.05 Fortress Defense Mod II R v21, with my modded 4-Armed dwarfs. 

My commander dwarf is 73k cubic cm.
The Greater Badger Berserkers are 151k cubic cm.
The Frost Ettin Warrior is 1,700k cubic cm.
The Rime Giantess Pikeman is 7,000k cubic cm.

The Frost Ettin and Rime Giantess both wear the same jotunar sized "large" armors.

My queen is the armorer and happy to provide these mercenary army steel armors.

Sadly, only had 2 sieges.

The first was 2 Snakemens.
The second was 2 Hellfire Imps.

I'm waiting for War Elephant siege.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #50521 on: August 18, 2017, 03:40:08 pm »

I think they just took awhile due to distance. I also had a bronze collosus last night slew it with 8civilian losses and no military injuries. I had them battle it on the surface cause haulers kept going up to fight it. Why are civilian dwarves so aggrssive this version? The never run away they just attack hostiles on sight.
is it the alcohol? Alcohol makes them less fearful.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Jenz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50522 on: August 18, 2017, 03:51:20 pm »

I think they just took awhile due to distance. I also had a bronze collosus last night slew it with 8civilian losses and no military injuries. I had them battle it on the surface cause haulers kept going up to fight it. Why are civilian dwarves so aggrssive this version? The never run away they just attack hostiles on sight.

Doesn't burrows solve this?

Pumble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50523 on: August 20, 2017, 12:47:58 am »

I have a sealed off chamber room with water for the well above. I look down there one time and I find a dead human.

How did happen? Am confuse.

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #50524 on: August 20, 2017, 04:27:43 am »

I have a sealed off chamber room with water for the well above. I look down there one time and I find a dead human.

Little Timmy fell down the well and nobody noticed, it's that simple.
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50525 on: August 20, 2017, 04:58:02 am »

Or you have a barracks nearby and they got thrown in through the wall or hole.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50526 on: August 22, 2017, 02:41:19 am »

My current fort has two vampires: the king and the duke, and the king has already killed his wife.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #50527 on: August 22, 2017, 10:29:34 am »

Little Timmy fell down the well and nobody noticed, it's that simple.

RIP Timmy, 2017 - the date he decided to be an idiot.

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #50528 on: August 22, 2017, 02:22:20 pm »

Urist McPerpetuallyDistracted has discovered the use of models and templates in engineering.

Okay. What does this mean?

Also, the world managed to progress into the Age of Myth from The Age of the Roc because I decided to spawn and breed Dragons.

Also also, I would really like to know what the hell is happening in my world, but the open-legends command in DFhack isn't giving me many historical events. The last two ages have a grand total of 0 discovered events. And I even have the Dwarves active twice a year (Spring and Autumn). The Outpost Liaison keeps telling me the world is the same as ever.

For context, this current date is 25th of Slate, Year 9. The Fortress of Siegeanvil was founded in Year 2.

Artichaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50529 on: August 22, 2017, 03:15:11 pm »

I make a wood fort, with no metal or stone allowed. So my military is made of 20 wrestlers with no weapons and no armour, and 10 crossbow dwarfs with bone bolts.

I just figure that the bug with siegers not popping comes from my save at the start of siege. I haven't save this time and instead of 10 or 20 gobs i got 108 of them.

So i charge the greenskins with my 20 elite wrestlers. Oh dwarf ... After a looong fight i win, 9 of 20 survived. So the logs were nasty : One dwarf has 6 kills with an iron cap with right hand, and 3 with a silk leggins with left hand. Another punch to death 2 gobs with a troll fur sandale. All the 9 dwarves have such logs ...

It's the funniest siege i have ever had ! I love wrestlers !

Now it's time for cleaning . What the hell ! There are sooooo many teeths everywhere ! Hundreds and hundreds of teeths !

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50530 on: August 22, 2017, 04:48:00 pm »

Urist McPerpetuallyDistracted has discovered the use of models and templates in engineering.

Okay. What does this mean?

Also, the world managed to progress into the Age of Myth from The Age of the Roc because I decided to spawn and breed Dragons.

Also also, I would really like to know what the hell is happening in my world, but the open-legends command in DFhack isn't giving me many historical events. The last two ages have a grand total of 0 discovered events. And I even have the Dwarves active twice a year (Spring and Autumn). The Outpost Liaison keeps telling me the world is the same as ever.

For context, this current date is 25th of Slate, Year 9. The Fortress of Siegeanvil was founded in Year 2.
1) It's part of the knowledge system. Doesn't do too much right now from a gameplay point of view, but basically historians, engineers and such think a lot, make discoveries, write books.

2) Copy your game then retire and open real Legends mode. You can't progress through 2 ages without anything happening.

3) Active seasons only apply to fortress mode gameplay as far as I can tell. The rest of the world attacks each other as it feels like and abstracts trade completely.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 04:49:41 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #50531 on: August 22, 2017, 05:28:29 pm »

So to set the scene: evil tundra, everything reanimates. An undead yak attacked my dwarves and my militia commander, only trained dwarf here, had to deal with it. Problem: he got hit pretty hard in the leg and couldn't use it, so I needed a hospital early. He got put in the hospital, his wounds were dressed... but dwarves being dwarves, complications arrived. They couldn't give him something to drink because there was no water, but there was plenty of booze. Immobile on a cavern floor, he was dying of thirst because nobody would bloody feed him, which I didn't want because this guy had a hammer, combat experience, and was about to become a zombie. So I tried to move the hospital outside so he'd die outside instead of in... and then he got up and got something to drink himself because he wasn't in the hospital.

Hospitals almost killed the lazy scumbag.

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #50532 on: August 22, 2017, 10:22:19 pm »

1) It's part of the knowledge system. Doesn't do too much right now from a gameplay point of view, but basically historians, engineers and such think a lot, make discoveries, write books.

2) Copy your game then retire and open real Legends mode. You can't progress through 2 ages without anything happening.

3) Active seasons only apply to fortress mode gameplay as far as I can tell. The rest of the world attacks each other as it feels like and abstracts trade completely.
1) Good to know I'm not missing out on anything yet.

2) I tried what you suggested and it did not work. All recent world events are still unknown. Am I missing something to make all events visible?

3) I know that. I added the extra active season so I could get more frequent reports from the Outpost Liaison.

The world kinda sucks, though. 1 Dwarven civ, 2 Goblin civs, and 2 Kobold civs. Not even Elves to piss off.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50533 on: August 22, 2017, 10:45:46 pm »

How old is your world?
There's an option in Advanced Worldgen to hide Legends. Reveal all Historical Events, I think. Did you set that off by mistake?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #50534 on: August 25, 2017, 02:43:14 pm »

So I was designating an image for an engraving and I found this in the historical figures list.

Three repeat entries of Mayors?
Pages: 1 ... 3367 3368 [3369] 3370 3371 ... 3835