Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3449 3450 [3451] 3452 3453 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788230 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #51750 on: February 16, 2018, 05:42:27 pm »

Her husband is a goblin, a baron, and her children are goblins, theyre just part of the dwarven civ. They should even have names in the dwarven language.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Raikaria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51751 on: February 16, 2018, 05:51:58 pm »

Her husband is a goblin, a baron, and her children are goblins, theyre just part of the dwarven civ. They should even have names in the dwarven language.

Yep; I've managed to get into Legends by copying the game:

Both the Baroness and the Baron are part of a Dwarf Civ. I can't find anything of them before about Age 76; where her husband became a Tavern Keeper in Fireypicks; a Dwarven Fort. He then went to a Mountain Hall and became a Baron. He went and settled in a Hillock in 78; married Inod in 80; and migrated to Glazedfountain [Another Fort] in 141.

Inod; interestingly; is listed as having settled or done mercenary work in many places... and has rarely been with her husband. Despite having so many kids. Also; she's gone from Dwarf to Human to Elven civs and back to Dwarf.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #51752 on: February 16, 2018, 07:02:53 pm »

So far, so Fun.

I like this expression. May I shamelessly appropriate it for my own use?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51753 on: February 16, 2018, 07:41:16 pm »

So far, so Fun.

I suspect a court of law would judge the expression 'too banal' to copyright, so sure go ahead!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51754 on: February 16, 2018, 08:11:14 pm »

Outpost liasion was a weresloth. Turned just as he arrived and attacked the yaks. Merchants sorted him out before going home. Ha.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #51755 on: February 17, 2018, 09:27:04 am »

So far, so Fun.

I suspect a court of law would judge the expression 'too banal' to copyright, so sure go ahead!
german courts accepted when the german telekom requested the colour magenta to be considered as their brand. a friggin colour!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51756 on: February 17, 2018, 10:17:38 am »

How does that law work for the colourblind?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51757 on: February 17, 2018, 12:25:30 pm »

WHAT? They can't do that. Magenta is a natural resource, as are all other colors.

Also, how do they define magenta? As a range of frequencies? As an RGB code? Anything anyone calls magenta? The word "magenta"?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #51758 on: February 17, 2018, 12:36:12 pm »

Playing with Random_Dragon's Kobold Kamp.

Three years into a fortress, I have fend off a werebeast attack, one undead raid (from the neighbor ) and two dwarven sieges. The fortress have reached a healthy population of 56 kobolds, our food stockpiles are full and I even got an artifact silver mace as spoils from one of the dwarven raids.

In the early spring of the fourth year the dwarves send another siege. They kill half of my goats and 55 kobolds and then they just leave. Fortress pop: one 2-year old kobold child.

Two seasons of "the fortress attracted no migrants" later, everything is still a mess with corspes,blood and severed members laying around while the child is happily playing make believe, uphased by the ghost kobold baby that haunts him. By the  start of the third season, the neibghor have had enough of the kid's ghost themed parties and their loud noises and came to complain.

Thus ends what could become a good DF story.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #51759 on: February 17, 2018, 12:52:14 pm »

How does that law work for the colourblind?
WHAT? They can't do that. Magenta is a natural resource, as are all other colors.

Also, how do they define magenta? As a range of frequencies? As an RGB code? Anything anyone calls magenta? The word "magenta"?
it's just so you cannot use the exact same colour in your brand for logo and/or text and for design.
i got no idea how they defined that colour and yes, it's stupid.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #51760 on: February 17, 2018, 03:40:19 pm »

Oh man, I haven't played fortress mode for a while, and I just LOVE the new civilizations screen! Especially the news and rumors section.
It's so much fun to watch the fortress reclaiming missions slowly snaking across the map...
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Paralyzoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51761 on: February 17, 2018, 03:42:32 pm »

New fort. I haven't finished a entrance defense system yet.
Even though it's 2 years in... oh well.

Elven siege just arrived. Strange; they're friendly in the civs screen and I didn't offend them in trade.
Luckily for my four-dwarf military, a goblin siege arrived. Yay, reinforcements!
Hopefully they brawl it out long enough for me to slap a quick wall across the entrance.

EDIT: The elves seem to be winning. Against the goblins. With weapons made of wood versus metal armor.
And they're biting a lot too. Looks like elves consider goblins to be dead.

EDIT: Wait, what?
Okay, status change. Apparently what happened is the goblin siege showed up, and they revealed two elven ambush squads.
I could swear I got two "A vile force of darkness has arrived" notifications though...

EDIT: The tide has turned. The squad of goblin crossbowmen has taken down 10 elven misc. melee ambushers, at the cost of half of the goblins.
Maybe I should just sic my military on the leftovers, but there's probably another eight squads about to arrive, so I'm continuing the "hide everyone" plan.

EDIT: The goblins have retreated and the siege tab disappeared. The last goblin off the map has 4 names, and, according to Legends mode, gained all the names from killing 6 elves during this "siege".
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:37:16 pm by Paralyzoid »
He felt aroused after seeing the goblin Ramkal Drunkensiege's dead body.

Raikaria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51762 on: February 17, 2018, 04:48:00 pm »

I managed to make a cistern! And somehow a cave crocodile got in and attacked one of my Dwarves. Who punched it to death. Cages now line the area.

===

Siege!

For some reason; part of the ground gave way into an open space that led into my fort; and some Goblins dodged my pillbox into the barracks down the hole. One of my marksdwarves also managed to fall out of the pillbox somehow.

This resulted in me losing 2 Marksdwarves; and a 3rd one getting maimed badly enough he has been retired; leaving only the Captain of the Guard. I am now upgradeing my pillbox by connecting it to the roof of my fort proper to give my dwarves a much larger range of fire.

We managed to kill 2 Goblins before they slunk out of the pillbox's range, and eventually left. One died to a hail of bone bolts; while the one that fell into the fort got mauled by my War Grizzly. A third goblin had it's throat torn open by a bolt; and a fourth got... well... a bolt to the knee.

So; my fledgling military is decimated and now a Forgotten Beast has shown up... made of... Ash Glaze? How fun is that? I think I'll raise the bridge until I know... *Random Mason who's down there for god knows what reason gets Atomsmashed*
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:53:36 pm by Raikaria »

Paralyzoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51763 on: February 17, 2018, 05:24:50 pm »

I managed to make a cistern! And somehow a cave crocodile got in and attacked one of my Dwarves. Who punched it to death. Cages now line the area.

===

Siege!

For some reason; part of the ground gave way into an open space that led into my fort; and some Goblins dodged my pillbox into the barracks down the hole. One of my marksdwarves also managed to fall out of the pillbox somehow.

This resulted in me losing 2 Marksdwarves; and a 3rd one getting maimed badly enough he has been retired; leaving only the Captain of the Guard. I am now upgradeing my pillbox by connecting it to the roof of my fort proper to give my dwarves a much larger range of fire.

We managed to kill 2 Goblins before they slunk out of the pillbox's range, and eventually left. One died to a hail of bone bolts; while the one that fell into the fort got mauled by my War Grizzly. A third goblin had it's throat torn open by a bolt; and a fourth got... well... a bolt to the knee.

So; my fledgling military is decimated and now a Forgotten Beast has shown up... made of... Ash Glaze? How fun is that? I think I'll raise the bridge until I know... *Random Mason who's down there for god knows what reason gets Atomsmashed*

I see you're assigning military dwarves to your captain of the guard. I hope you meet all your mandates.

Also, if ash glaze is what I think it is, here's what I think will happen:

Urist McUntrainedMason punches the Forgotten Beast in the upper body and the injured part explodes!
The Forgotten Beast has been struck down.

I'm assuming ash glaze is a powder.
He felt aroused after seeing the goblin Ramkal Drunkensiege's dead body.

Raikaria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51764 on: February 17, 2018, 05:33:26 pm »

It's a squad a marksdwarves using wood crossbows.

Well; it was. Now it's just the Captain.

Also; Jungle Titan showed up. Giant flea. It died quickly; but I did lose a recruit. FB hasn't been dealt with yet, although it seems rather frail from the injuries it has sustained from Crundles.

Edit: Dealt with the FB; but my Captain of the Guard bit it in the most epic way possible.

She got kicked by the FB so hard that the upper body 'collapsed' but managed to fire a final bolt; while one of my speardwarves had rammed their spear in the FB's head which took the FB's head clean off. The Marksdwarf became an Elite Marksdwarf from that; and then promptly died. And several f my survivors are rotting.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:53:34 pm by Raikaria »
Pages: 1 ... 3449 3450 [3451] 3452 3453 ... 3835