Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3451 3452 [3453] 3454 3455 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5786959 times)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #51780 on: February 19, 2018, 04:31:32 am »

There are two adventurers in my tavern, both seeking information about the location of Cradleddrills, a valuable wood opal crown. The artifact in question is currently on display in my museum. I'm tempted to let them both know about it and see what happens.

In other news, a ghostly speardwarf is petitioning for residence. Err... should I let him in?
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #51781 on: February 19, 2018, 06:36:22 am »

YES! Then look what will happen.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51782 on: February 19, 2018, 07:52:05 am »

Well I did, and got a message of a ghostly speardwarf having risen and haunting the fortress. To my surprise he could actually be drafted to a militia squad, so I did that too. Now he follows the squad everywhere it goes; he obeys movement orders and hangs around when others are sparring. I haven't seen him spar yet himself, though. He can't even fight, it looks like he's trying to charge opponents but then passes through them harmlessly. Maybe he can scare some enemies to death.

I think I will keep Dakost the Friendly Ghost around for a bit. He seems to be a very well-mannered spectre; haven't even haunted any of my citizens yet.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:13:33 am by Staalo »

Uhhh... welcome?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51783 on: February 19, 2018, 10:48:51 am »

Can you give him proper weapons, if so, will he use real weapons on real targets to do real damage, or do ghost wielded weapons phase right through

Raikaria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51784 on: February 19, 2018, 11:26:19 am »

My fort was overwhelmed.

An eight-legged three-eyed Titan Squirrel showed up; and it was FAST. It ran into my fort before the bridge was raised; and quickly butchered my military with it's venomous bite. From there; nothing could stop it's rampage. I blame part of the bridge issue on me embarking only on a 3x3; effectively giving me less warning.

We did cost it the use of a couple of it's legs; and several wounds from bolts. But it survived at least enough to plow through my fort.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51785 on: February 19, 2018, 03:38:03 pm »

Can you give him proper weapons, if so, will he use real weapons on real targets to do real damage, or do ghost wielded weapons phase right through

Sadly, it seems that you can't give ghosts equipment of any kind. In fact I believe ghosts hover through their afterlife completely butt naked, since they leave their clothes in a pile alongside their corpse when they die and never pick up any replacements. No wonder dwarves are sometimes found dead from sheer horror after seeing them.

As it turns out after some experimentation, since he's a Restless Haunt, Dakost the Friendly Ghost Speardwarf provides very little military value. He doesn't participate in any military activity except by hovering somewhere in the vicinity of his militia buddies. For some reason though he is getting Tired when others are sparring around him, even when he doesn't do anything (that's visible in logs) himself. I'm keeping him around as  a militia mascot while I try to think some purpose for him.

Once I sent his squad to loot some nearby ruins to see if he brought anything back; for some reason the rest of his squad simply froze where they were while he alone walked out from the map and disappeared from the game, never to be seen again. I savescummed after that.

I'm thinking... he could be turned into a Murderous Ghost by slabbing him and then deconstructing his slab, but would he lose his squad association in the process? I have a suspicion in that case I'd just have ordinary uncontrolled rampaging undead in my fort.

Uhhh... welcome?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #51786 on: February 19, 2018, 04:25:28 pm »

Well I did, and got a message of a ghostly speardwarf having risen and haunting the fortress. To my surprise he could actually be drafted to a militia squad, so I did that too. Now he follows the squad everywhere it goes; he obeys movement orders and hangs around when others are sparring. I haven't seen him spar yet himself, though. He can't even fight, it looks like he's trying to charge opponents but then passes through them harmlessly. Maybe he can scare some enemies to death.

I think I will keep Dakost the Friendly Ghost around for a bit. He seems to be a very well-mannered spectre; haven't even haunted any of my citizens yet.
That is HILARIOUS and you need to keep us posted.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51787 on: February 19, 2018, 04:41:22 pm »

That is HILARIOUS and you need to keep us posted.

The real question is how closely you can mimic the plot of the mummy by sealing him away via (macguffin item) and then getting ignorant goblins to break it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51788 on: February 19, 2018, 08:21:30 pm »

DOUBLE POST

I have a problem with a guy who has 12 kids and a wife, none of which came with him on his migration, and he has been a member of like 15 civs but says he's thirty years old. He must be a vampire, and he must be lying, and I am not sure how to tell otherwise.

Anyway I did some research and the proper way to reveal truth about suspicion is with a completely unrelated illogical test that results in either confirmation of bias or death. I built a platform out in the evil area where husk clouds roam. If the cloud comes by and turns him into a husk, he was innocent. If he survives the length of one year, he's a vampire and will be fed to the volcano (ironically, it's a mirthful volcano).

I see no flaws in my plan. Some wahoo broke a chair and like 50 people saw him do it, but I think i'll convict this guy as an excuse to chain him to the platform of truth.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51789 on: February 20, 2018, 07:41:10 am »

But what if a cloud doesn't pass over that spot for a year?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #51790 on: February 20, 2018, 10:53:04 am »

then that dorf is clearly a performer of the dark arts controlling the weather.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51791 on: February 20, 2018, 01:31:32 pm »

See this guy gets it.

Radray

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51792 on: February 20, 2018, 08:23:29 pm »

See this guy gets it.

What will be done to those claimed by the clouds?
Just now, a merchant drowned under misterious circumstances on his way to my fortress. When I examined the corpse, he had a book on him that talked about flotation devices and buoyancy.

Raikaria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51793 on: February 21, 2018, 05:04:37 am »

Lost another fort; this time to a Werefox that came really early.

It killed 2 dwarves and bit quite a few, so the injured went to the hospital and I worked to seal them in and... wait one of them didn't go to the hospital OH GOD EVERYONE'S GETTING BIT. At least the one that transformed is dead...

The second full moon I again managed to get most of the [Now 14 with 10 deaths] Werefoxes in the walled off section... only for two more that were in their rooms to transform. At that point; it was over.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #51794 on: February 21, 2018, 06:37:51 pm »

Two young kobolds are standing over an open pit.  (something inside the pit is screaming in agony)

Kobold 1: "Apparently, my dear friend, this isn't a good way to feed your pet dwarf"
Kobold 2: "Meh"

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.
Pages: 1 ... 3451 3452 [3453] 3454 3455 ... 3835