Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3456 3457 [3458] 3459 3460 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788242 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #51855 on: March 11, 2018, 01:19:52 am »

The enemy is laying siege to the fortress!

Dwarves are invading our fortress in retaliation for the daring raid we carried out last year in which we stole some iron greaves.
They're armed to the teeth. dressed in bronze and steel and ready to kill us all, leather clad rabble of bandits that we are.

Here they come, they reach the pasture, slaughter the innocent duckling which was hanging out there and like true dorfs of old they...run away. Presumably horrified to see a duckling die.
We live to raid again!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51856 on: March 11, 2018, 06:50:00 am »

They must have left the oven on.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51857 on: March 11, 2018, 05:42:39 pm »

They must have left the oven on.
If only they had all rushed home instead of hanging out on the edge of my map. They might have noticed my raiders slip out of the back entrance and go burn down one of their hillocks. Ha ha.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51858 on: March 12, 2018, 08:26:42 pm »

I settled in a very interesting region. There was peace between all the civs in the region, but after 2 years the region where my fortress is looks like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The humans attacked the elves, the goblins attacked the dwarves and the humans, and for some reason now the dwarves are in war with the elves too. My fortress just got a small siege from the goblins. I was training a squad before sending them to raid, so it all happened without my interference.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:32:24 pm by thvaz »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51859 on: March 12, 2018, 08:35:47 pm »

About to conduct husk and hill titan related experiments.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #51860 on: March 13, 2018, 02:20:34 pm »

Gonna take my antmen's numerical advantage to raid and plunder everything forever
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FengL0ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51861 on: March 13, 2018, 03:24:56 pm »

You have arrived. After a journey from the lost Fortress of Cloisterfire into the forbidding wilderness beyond, your harsh trek has finally ended. Your party of seven is to make an effort as the last stand of the Waxy Mechanisms here on the Confusing Continents. There are almost no supplies left, but with stout labor comes sustenance. Armoks curse lies heavy on you, as your dwarfs can't live in the underground or eat anything grown therein. You are expecting the last remnants to join the Unbridled Horns just before winter entombs you. Though it is Spring now, there's no time to delve secure lodgings, since the Demon of Seas with it's ten thousand souls is looming from the dark fortress of Pagedhorrors. Neighter wealth nor population will call them forth, as they are determined to burn the last dwarfs here in the Prairie of Sun. A new chapter of dwarven history begins at this place, "Drakenward" Dragonguarded, ere the Goblins get mangled. Strike the earth!

After the first year three migrant waves with some of the last dwarves have arrived. The outpost liaison has joined the fort, since there is nowhere to go. Rith Dreamymansions, the sturdy speardwarf has sworn to protect his fellows and assumed the position of the king, making Erush Mightylanterns - the chief medical dwarf and talented butcher - his queen. While we prepare for the sieges ahead the dwarfs hope for contact with the last few dozens of Elves, cowering in Tailwisps their last retreat lying in the eastern woods.

I edited the raws so no civilisation will care for wealth or population size before laying siege. If they don't notice me soon I'll kindle some Goblins at the border of the dark fort. Each Goblin site on the map houses about 100 evil creatures, with my neighbors hiding >10000 behind their walls.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51862 on: March 14, 2018, 01:04:32 pm »

Turns out you can turn a forgotten beast into a husk, which makes it into a insanity-fueled engine of ultraviolence capable of killing legendary-level axedwarves in full iron with ease.

Took a legendary+5 axedwarf with an adamantine axe to actually decapitate and kill it. And this FB was made of flesh.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #51863 on: March 14, 2018, 04:54:33 pm »

After 8 months of standing in a pile of bitter muck (evil rain), vomit and their own blood ( bitter muck would cause some light bleeding but wasn't lethal), the human siege will just depart without a fight, hell they didn't even try to come near my open entrance... ::)

edit: That's it, the sieger token is getting removed from now on. Only two sieges in the last two years and both where a bunch of campers just standing at the edge of the map for months.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 04:24:09 am by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

FengL0ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51864 on: March 15, 2018, 06:15:03 am »

The last finishing touch of my cistern/well setup was adding some floor grates on top of the water surface to prevent dwarfs from drowning, since I'm really paranoid. Ironically one of them constructed a floor next to a floor grate before there was another connection, causing it to instantly collapse. The resulting tsunami of a water ripple demanded four souls, leaving them to rot in the water rendering my cistern and the wells useless.
But it was a lot of fun!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 06:17:10 am by FengL0ng »

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #51865 on: March 15, 2018, 07:25:49 pm »

Had a run of bad luck when my legendary armorer was somehow murdered, torn to pieces behind a nook within the walls of the fortress.

My first suspect was a werebeast, whom the military killed moments before. However, the only other known victim, an herbalist, was in the far south of the fortress, opposite of where the armorer was found.

The only other person nearby was an odd little girl, whom was playing a macabre game of pretend right on the corpse. Her profile and thoughts indicated she was a sociopath, unconcerned of the carnage.

Then, as some haulers finally took the armorer's remains, the true culprit was revealed: a dead tigerman, his own corpse hidden by the armorer's own. At least that dwarf went out like a champ.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51866 on: March 15, 2018, 08:39:58 pm »

Had a run of bad luck when my legendary armorer was somehow murdered, torn to pieces behind a nook within the walls of the fortress.

My first suspect was a werebeast, whom the military killed moments before. However, the only other known victim, an herbalist, was in the far south of the fortress, opposite of where the armorer was found.

The only other person nearby was an odd little girl, whom was playing a macabre game of pretend right on the corpse. Her profile and thoughts indicated she was a sociopath, unconcerned of the carnage.

Then, as some haulers finally took the armorer's remains, the true culprit was revealed: a dead tigerman, his own corpse hidden by the armorer's own. At least that dwarf went out like a champ.

How do we know you're not the little girl, trying to cover your tracks?
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

FengL0ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51867 on: March 16, 2018, 06:06:57 am »

Because there are no little girls on the Internet and there is no FBI in dwarf fortress

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #51868 on: March 16, 2018, 06:19:57 am »

Because there are no little girls on the Internet and there is no FBI in dwarf fortress
I'm now wondering where's Urist Hansen and that suspiciously benign plate of plump helmet biscuits...

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #51869 on: March 16, 2018, 08:20:11 am »

Oh, right. Forgot to mention it was a named tigerman.
Pages: 1 ... 3456 3457 [3458] 3459 3460 ... 3835