Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3469 3470 [3471] 3472 3473 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787001 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #52050 on: April 15, 2018, 10:01:08 pm »

I got a werelizard attack, killed by my military squads but not before the beast managed to bite a peasant and a fisherdwarf that were busy hauling some capybara corpse to the atom smasher.
Both dwarves were sent to my hospital as they were very badly injured.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:04:15 pm by Robsoie »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52051 on: April 16, 2018, 08:08:55 am »

After locking up the attacked person for probably longer than I needed, I deconstructed his holding cell.

I screwed up, and managed to bean him dead with the stairs I'd constructed on top of it so that doctors could check him out.

Well, that's one dwarf I won't have to worry about anymore.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52052 on: April 16, 2018, 09:15:57 am »

I got a werelizard attack, killed by my military squads but not before the beast managed to bite a peasant and a fisherdwarf that were busy hauling some capybara corpse to the atom smasher.
Both dwarves were sent to my hospital as they were very badly injured.

nice that you could recover it.  I usually design my hospitals now with each bed in an individual nook, so I can wall off each bed without abandoning the whole hospital if needed.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #52053 on: April 16, 2018, 09:23:15 am »

Didn't thought about that, it's a good point as while it may make the drowning system a bit more complex as it will require more lever-controlled doors, at least it leave an usable hospital during the werebeast removal process.

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52054 on: April 16, 2018, 12:19:05 pm »

I don't bother removing were-beast if I can just wall them off in their 1x3 size hospital room, does no harm to the rest of the fort to let them sit there forever.

forgotten_idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52055 on: April 16, 2018, 06:28:36 pm »

A goblin thief sneaked in my above-ground wooden village (population 20). Five recruits with training axes (my only defense) ran after him. In the heat of the chase, they fell into a pond and drowned. Idiots.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52056 on: April 17, 2018, 05:44:43 am »

The rest of the population was left to ponder their demise.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #52057 on: April 17, 2018, 01:02:17 pm »

Because of a bug i had a werebeast show up to my fort as a migrant. She promptly beqt the shit out of my militiamen. Nobody transformed, but the two badly wounded guys i locked in a room to wait. They endes up starving to death.

The next animal in that migrant wave was made of fire, and berserk, so that burned the grass around them and generally made a mess. It was overall a pretty dumb chain of events. I ended up retiring that fort anyway, maybe ill have better luck next time.

This world has only two extant civs that dont live in caves anyway; humans of the triangular kingdom and the goblins of the steel claws or something like that. In that last year the humans took over all of the abandoned sites across the world and now effectively rule it, which is neat.
The rest of thw population including the playable civs are cave dwelling ones that dont have access to mechanisms or much protective gear, but do have, apparently, weresalamanders and loes. Which is a bit dangerous.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

forgotten_idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52058 on: April 17, 2018, 04:15:02 pm »

The rest of the population was left to ponder their demise.

Do I see a pun here?..hm...anyway, the next squad of morons soldiers fell into the pond AGAIN, but this time I channeled all the water out of it. This time the thief wasn't so lucky.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #52059 on: April 17, 2018, 05:40:53 pm »

"An ambush! Curse all friends of nature !"

A squad of 8 elves got spotted right in front of my village gates

I sent my full military squad, as usually when it happens there's a hundred more elves soldiers roaming around waiting to be spotted.

Those 8 elves were utterly annihilated.
Checking the items they left behind i noticed none has any wooden weapon or wooden armor , and the majority of them were carrying 2 or 3 books.
How odd, i wonder if they were supposed to be some elven scholar group wanting to consult my mini library filled with several parchments and quires (that no copy exist out of there) wrote by my fortress own scholar that is just completely obsessed with valves and moving water.
But they had the bad luck of belonging to the faction of elves that has been attacking us nearly every years and lost several hundred of soldiers to my legendary warriors only managing to kill the odd peasant wandering where he shouldn't have.

Those elves should have known better than to try to assault my fortress with books after all those years in trying to murder us with wooden stuff, their mistake.
At least it means more training for the new peasant squad i had added recently, and more book for the library
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:43:16 pm by Robsoie »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52060 on: April 17, 2018, 05:47:35 pm »

As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52061 on: April 17, 2018, 05:49:00 pm »

Because of a bug i had a werebeast show up to my fort as a migrant.
The game is meant to filter out werebeasts from hist-figs selected for immigration?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52062 on: April 17, 2018, 05:59:34 pm »

Because of a bug i had a werebeast show up to my fort as a migrant.
The game is meant to filter out werebeasts from hist-figs selected for immigration?

I don't think that's a bug. I think that citizens that happen to be werebeasts can definitely migrate, much as vampires sometimes do.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #52063 on: April 18, 2018, 01:03:58 pm »

Delethavuz Rabur "Polishedmines The Glowing Hearth" now has survived without any attacks for over 2 years although all civs are at war with the elves and the goblins and is currently having a dwarfsplosion.
we carved 80 rooms for dorfs and am now at 141 dorfs so we are now making room for the rest.
my mayor luckily only forbids gauntlets to be produced or sold and asked for a nickel cabinet, which i could not create in time, because we don't have any nickel-bearing ores.
the defences are almost done. we do not have any food production yet and we're selling stonecrafts for a living.
the forge has been erected and we've got enough trees to run the ovens nonstop to anger the elves.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52064 on: April 18, 2018, 10:50:21 pm »

Were creatures have been regularly harassing my fortress. First were-panthers now were-camels. For the most part I've been able to just keep them out with drawbridges but recently a were-camel showed up while I was still trying to get my squad of swordsdwarves used to the sun. They didn't have much a chance so I brought out my elite squad of mercenaries to assist. The were-camel killed one and injured three others before the mercenaries took it down.

I knew what to expect but I had a hell of a time getting the injured dwarves segregated. I basically ended up having my mercenaries follow them around until they changed and they took them out before any damage could be done. Fortunately one of the injured dwarves didn't change. I guess his hand was just mangled through some kind of wrestling move.

This could have easily been one of those events that took down my entire fort but luck was on my side this time.
Pages: 1 ... 3469 3470 [3471] 3472 3473 ... 3835