Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3550 3551 [3552] 3553 3554 ... 3612

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 3164078 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #53265 on: January 21, 2019, 03:30:04 pm »

My vampire mayor demands a metal (rose gold) slab in his bedroom.

Thats at least an easy one. He could have demanded a bed!
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53266 on: January 21, 2019, 04:18:36 pm »

Retuuurn the slaaab...

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53267 on: January 21, 2019, 04:27:20 pm »

In a hurry to set up a water source I set up a desalination pump next to the sea shore. Then while digging the cistern I encountered damp stone. Yes! I found the elusive aquifer! I'll install proper plumbing later to bring the water closer to the main fort, but for now I'll just designate a hospital zone right next to it.
Be sure and check that water. Ocean biome aquifers are salty.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53268 on: January 21, 2019, 10:02:23 pm »

Some of my military dwarves, along with a visiting lord consort, all lounging about in the tavern, have just killed a visiting bard for no apparent reason.

Maybe they took offence to his singing?
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that.
The logs were in league with that villain, Gravity.
I read more than I post.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53269 on: January 21, 2019, 10:14:09 pm »

Retuuurn the slaaab...
What's yer offer?!

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53270 on: January 21, 2019, 10:42:11 pm »

After some quick digging under the injured liaison, new were-gila monster, and then flooring him into a tiny hole before he turned, the dorfs worked up some quick construction around it before removing the floor. He was unfortunately shortly after smashed subatomically flat involved in a bridge accident.
The expedition leader froze in place waiting to conduct the meeting until a new one was elected.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53271 on: January 22, 2019, 02:02:43 pm »

That's it.

Gettin' me mallet.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

rostbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53272 on: January 22, 2019, 03:06:06 pm »

My vampire mayor demands a metal (rose gold) slab in his bedroom.

Thats at least an easy one. He could have demanded a bed!

Someone else's bed!

rostbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53273 on: January 22, 2019, 03:48:01 pm »

The metal slab demanding vampire mayor of Rimcloud rules over a strange landscape.

This waterfall was kind of ... broken from the start. It has two little caves on the levels under the brook, and the water does not only flow into the canyon; some of the water also spills into the small valley in the west and the little sink in the east.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53274 on: January 22, 2019, 04:06:19 pm »

The metal slab demanding vampire mayor of Rimcloud rules over a strange landscape.

This waterfall was kind of ... broken from the start. It has two little caves on the levels under the brook, and the water does not only flow into the canyon; some of the water also spills into the small valley in the west and the little sink in the east.

FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

rostbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53275 on: January 22, 2019, 04:25:39 pm »

Armok works in mysterious ways.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53276 on: January 23, 2019, 10:20:26 am »

The Great Wall of Inksacks is plagued with phantom trees. They appear several z-levels above the ground, have no trunks or roots, and wedge themselves between the poured obsidian wall and the 1 tile thick scaffolding catwalk that surrounds it on both sides. They are labeled simply "tree", not trunk or branches. Attempting to designate them for chopping or channeling has no effect. And, catastrophically, they appear to be supporting the scaffolding that I'm trying to collapse.

The scaffolding is one tile thick and runs around the 4x4 embark twice, on five different levels. Dismantling it manually is out of the question. The wall is thicker on top, which means I can't build something higher up and drop it on the sections in question.

Thinking about it as I write this, I should be able to build extensions to bypass the trees and remove just the parts touching the ghost trees manually. But still, ghost trees. Wtf.

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53277 on: January 23, 2019, 11:22:21 am »

I had a second GCS show up in the 1st Cavern level. I decided to let the Monster Hunters take care of it. Twelve hunters later I sent in my half naked woefully unprepared military. Five of them managed to engage it. in rapid succession three of them were webbed and or paralyzed and disarmed with one shaken by the head until separation. Thankfully the fourth put his iron war hammer right through the braincase.

Still trying to get the food and drink supplies fully shifted into the new dining room. I see a new sub-class of food haulers in the future!

And lastly, enjoyed the thoughts of a hamerdwarf who encountered a Troll in the caverns where he is stating, "I am in conflict, I feel no terror!" and his first thought of 'He is terrified to be in conflict'. I imagine him to be repeating it like a mantra all the while pissing his pants.
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53278 on: January 23, 2019, 12:14:13 pm »

I love it when my dorfs demonstrate their own sense of humour through the engravings they do. My stoneworker just engraved an image of my expedition leader Likot Tellwhips surrounded by cheese, and then a separate engraving of her embracing a yak. She likes both yaks and cheese, incidentally.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53279 on: January 23, 2019, 01:58:42 pm »

The Great Wall of Inksacks is plagued with phantom trees. They appear several z-levels above the ground, have no trunks or roots, and wedge themselves between the poured obsidian wall and the 1 tile thick scaffolding catwalk that surrounds it on both sides. They are labeled simply "tree", not trunk or branches. Attempting to designate them for chopping or channeling has no effect. And, catastrophically, they appear to be supporting the scaffolding that I'm trying to collapse.

The scaffolding is one tile thick and runs around the 4x4 embark twice, on five different levels. Dismantling it manually is out of the question. The wall is thicker on top, which means I can't build something higher up and drop it on the sections in question.

Thinking about it as I write this, I should be able to build extensions to bypass the trees and remove just the parts touching the ghost trees manually. But still, ghost trees. Wtf.

Doesn't magma destroy burnable things these days? If nothing else works, df-hack liquids should do it.
Pages: 1 ... 3550 3551 [3552] 3553 3554 ... 3612