Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3550 3551 [3552] 3553 3554 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5774743 times)

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #53265 on: February 10, 2019, 02:25:44 am »

The king has arrived with a full entourage. You are now a Mountainhome.

Except...I didn't get any hillocks, or even a barony...and the only one who showed up was the Outpost Liaison. This is the same fort where every artifact is dedicated to the ancestor "an unknown creature."

Migrants never stopped coming, so the civilization isn't dead. Dunno what's going on, but if I were king I wouldn't want to live on a haunted glacier either.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #53266 on: February 10, 2019, 05:24:07 am »

I'd imagine the game now keeps track of those infected goblins, no?
that calls for some ‼SCIENCE‼
:D
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #53267 on: February 10, 2019, 10:49:18 am »

The game does keep track of infected creatures, as the creature becomes historical when bitten. Those goblins might show up in a future siege.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #53268 on: February 10, 2019, 02:52:25 pm »

The game does keep track of infected creatures, as the creature becomes historical when bitten. Those goblins might show up in a future siege.
can they slaughter goblins when turning in the goblin pits?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53269 on: February 10, 2019, 02:53:51 pm »

Then the next siege comes and it's just dozens of armored werehorses.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53270 on: February 10, 2019, 02:59:12 pm »

Pvt. pirate: I don't belive they "turn" in the conventional way, though the w.g. Rampages might occure... be interresting to look at there lives in legends mode a couple years down the road.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #53271 on: February 10, 2019, 03:33:02 pm »

can they slaughter goblins when turning in the goblin pits?
Yes.

Pvt. pirate: I don't belive they "turn" in the conventional way, though the w.g. Rampages might occure... be interresting to look at there lives in legends mode a couple years down the road.
No. Beast rampages, aside from the ones that attack your fort, don't happen after worldgen. Since these goblins aren't marked as enemies of their civilization, they'll live as normal unless they show up at your fort again during a full moon.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53272 on: February 10, 2019, 04:34:33 pm »

ok, is it just me or are you contradicting yourself here? you tell Pvt. Pirate that they *can* in fact, slaughter people in there goblin pits, bu in the same post you state that they will live normal, unturned lives unless they siege your fort again. im confused.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #53273 on: February 10, 2019, 08:20:23 pm »

Just finished my grand entrance. A sheer white cliff several 'z's deep, statues of Dwarves holding swords point-to-ground flanking a steep path to the main entrance. At its foot, a secondary fortress for military training and above ground farming is in the process of being built. It has no underground access.

Aaaand, I just got my first siege. What military I have doesn't have any equipment. The goblins are currently admiring my grand facade and wondering why the locals decided to besmirch it with a raised drawbridge.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53274 on: February 11, 2019, 08:13:04 am »

The elves came, and brought with them a giant grizzly bear. Guess whose militia commander has an awesome war-trained pet now?

Created a bigger dorm and turned the old one into a hospital. I'm sure the patients won't mind being stuck between a tavern and the chicken coop.

There's now a fully functional road to the trade depot, with statues flanking it. Interestingly, a lot of them are of mussels, a human who tamed grasshoppers, and the deity of muck.

Got a huge peasant wave, combined with some births, and now I have more than fifty dwarves in the fortress.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53275 on: February 11, 2019, 01:44:04 pm »

CraftRiddle is having more tantrums, more Dwarfs feeling harassed, falling into deep depressions, getting into fights and another Dwarf was placed in jail.  Well, tied up with a rope.  Damaged one of the drawbridges.  And somebody hit a baby with a ladder.

I remember once somebody comparing the Dwarfs to Vikings but I am starting to think my Dwarfs are Russians.  Drinking, complaining, getting into fistfights with pigs.  Not joking.  One of them got into a fistfight with a pig.  Punched a boar a couple of times and walked off. 

We have only had TWO werebeasts attacks and both were killed.  Only three of my own citizens are dead.  They should be HAPPY!  True, we live on the surface.  I wish rain did not seem to have so much weight on their emotional state.  Rain seems to be causing more trouble than anything else.  All of them can craft and all the adults are in the military.  They have a ton of booze, they craft things, they learn new skills, they own stuff.  Yet many of them think their lives are living nightmares.  What?!?!

Is this Dwarf Fortress or Metro 2033?  When did the Dark Ones show up?   ::)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:46:13 pm by callisto8413 »
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53276 on: February 12, 2019, 08:33:08 pm »

I remember once somebody comparing the Dwarfs to Vikings but I am starting to think my Dwarfs are Russians.  Drinking, complaining, getting into fistfights with pigs.  Not joking.  One of them got into a fistfight with a pig.  Punched a boar a couple of times and walked off.

...Mind if I sig this? Because this is just beautiful.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53277 on: February 12, 2019, 08:35:34 pm »

...Mind if I sig this? Because this is just beautiful.

Go right ahead.   :)
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53278 on: February 12, 2019, 09:30:29 pm »

Just watched a dwarf punch a minotaur so hard their ear exploded, twisting the head and neck so hard that it ripped the skin.

Then they scratched the Minotaur so hard that it tore the muscle, chipped the bone, and broke the upper arm.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #53279 on: February 12, 2019, 10:21:09 pm »

I was able to make a dwarf pick weapon trap components and start carrying to a stockpile, stop midway, bring back to depot, start going to the stockpile again, repeat. He did it until he got thirsty, went off, came back, did it again. Then electricity went off and I can't replicate it to give to toady, it is so weird. They were, like, 9 tiles from each other. Maybe there is something about the shape if the stockpile? It was a fresh world, nothing built yet...
In a time before time, I had a name.
Pages: 1 ... 3550 3551 [3552] 3553 3554 ... 3835