Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3570 3571 [3572] 3573 3574 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787956 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #53565 on: April 03, 2019, 07:48:33 pm »

A swordsdwarf visited during a goblin siege and was killed. I noticed he was carrying a wood sword.
Must be an elf spy.

Paralyzoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53566 on: April 03, 2019, 08:09:42 pm »

A visiting human axeman is taking out an elven ambush I haven't seen yet.
He felt aroused after seeing the goblin Ramkal Drunkensiege's dead body.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #53567 on: April 03, 2019, 08:13:41 pm »

A swordsdwarf visited during a goblin siege and was killed. I noticed he was carrying a wood sword.
Must be an elf spy.
Did he have a dwarven name? If he had an elven name, he could just be elven.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Hiarhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53568 on: April 04, 2019, 12:03:06 am »

While looking through the artifacts screen for something worth stealing I noticed that a clown slab made of special metal was said to be located practically on top of my fort. Realizing this could only mean there was a vault nearby I got excited. I've never actually found one before so rather than send in the troops I created and dispatched an elephant man adventurer to bring me that slab.

My agent arrived at nightfall and just as I approached the entrance the bogeymen attacked. I was able to dispatch them with minimal injury but it was hardly a glorious start. Once I got inside one of the guardians, a soldier, attacked me immediately and I lured it outside facing it one on one and to my surprise had the size advantage. After defeating the soldier and picking up a few more injuries I had a realization. Even if I got the slab it was an artifact, I wasn't going to be able to melt it down for the metal. So I grabbed my fallen foe's weapon and armor which were made of the same metal and scurried back to my fort with the proper location of the vault, an armful of very special metal and one heavily mutilated trophy.

I put the corpse on display and ordered everything melted down. I'd never used the unlimited metal exploit because I never saw the need but I'm using it now. Melt, serrated discs, melt, discs, melt. I didn't quite realize how valuable it was until I saw my fortress produced two million worth in a season and a half. Obviously this will attract unwanted attention, the first FB in twelve years has already come as I was typing this, and a second..yeah this is going to get messy fast. I haven't even produced enough metal for one set of full gear and my goal is to train a special strike force equipped with the searing metal and subjugate that vault.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53569 on: April 04, 2019, 02:51:22 am »

Must be an elf spy.
Did he have a dwarven name? If he had an elven name, he could just be elven.
I'm sure he had a dwarven name. And he was using a wood shield as well.
But I do have a lot of elf visitors.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #53570 on: April 04, 2019, 04:15:39 am »

As a challenge, I embarked on a mountain using DFhack. Since there are no trees here, I can't persuade caravans into giving away all their stuff by shoving spiked wooden balls down their throats. I'm also at "war" with my parent civ. I hope to Armok that they don't invade.

Two migrant waves came, and I now have 8 picks, 5 more than I had at embark. I have no idea where those picks came from.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 04:44:26 am by methylatedspirit »

Wombation

• Bay Watcher
  • My only friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53571 on: April 04, 2019, 06:05:20 am »

One of my dwarfs had triplets. Must be quite rare as I think I've never seen it happen before.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #53572 on: April 04, 2019, 07:20:59 am »

A visitor came into my fort, carrying a mug with wine in it. The exact moment I gave him residency, he spilled his drink onto the floor. Waste of perfectly good alcohol, if you ask me.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53573 on: April 05, 2019, 04:42:21 am »

The mayor(also a foreign baron consort) threw a tantrum and 3 people died. I had to send him away. Fortunately foreign nobels are not subjected to the no-expulsion rule.
The new mayor is a goblin, because he has the highest social skills.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53574 on: April 07, 2019, 04:27:37 am »

Another day, another fort. Let's see how everyone is doing.

Expedition Leader: Deeply respects skill at arms, dreams of
becoming a legendary warrior. Oh, and "She would flee even the most necessary battle to avoid any form of physical confrontation,  though she is conflicted by this for more than one reason". Ok.

Military commander: He is consumed by overpowering feelings of jealousy. He has an overinflated sense of self-worth. He often feels lustful. He is very polite. Dick.

Chief medical dwarf: He tends to form only tenuous emotional bonds with others. He does not easily fall in love and rarely develops positive sentiments, and he is troubled by this because he values romance. Closet otaku.

What a fun bunch. There's a story in here somewhere. :)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #53575 on: April 07, 2019, 06:34:46 am »

Not exactly something that's going on on my fort, but I just genned a 65x65 (small region) map with 147000+ goblins  :o :o
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53576 on: April 08, 2019, 01:59:34 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I tried 3 times to challenge the aquifer during winter. And it appears there are 6 layers.
This time I failed to finish before spring, and framerate went to hell.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 02:04:19 am by Libash_Thunderhead »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #53577 on: April 08, 2019, 02:34:54 am »

Two migrant waves came, and I now have 8 picks, 5 more than I had at embark. I have no idea where those picks came from.

How else do you think they got to your mountain retreat?

Legacy game with a friend - 12 dwarves trying to grow through babies -

I get the file back woth three tantruming dwarves. There's a miasma problem in the kitchens, causing a lot of the distress. I clean things up and try to calm things down, but I just can't seem to get the moods improved.

Our baron, Erush, throws a tantrum and punches a dwarf clean through the skull.
The other tantruming dwarves get exiled, and an unfortunate accident is arranged for the baron. Before this can happen, she punches someone's foot off.

The population is down to 8, hoping to get 4 more migrants, and start rebuilding. We've yet to have a child after nearly 5 years.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 04:00:40 am by delphonso »

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53578 on: April 08, 2019, 01:04:17 pm »

We've yet to have a child after nearly 5 years.

I can help you with that. Make your tavern much smaller. I'm doing a challenge fort, and in addition to the irrelevant challenges, I'm also refusing to get any migrants with DFhack's hermit command. A tiny tavern (2x2 or 2x3, I used the latter) will make your dwarves adjacent when they idle, which will cause them to actually talk to each other and form relationships, eventually resulting in marriages and children. You will, of course, need to give everybody some free time. A year got me my two marriages in a similar setting.

Also, check and see if you've got any eligible couples. Make sure they're straight and within 10 years of each other's age. As a tip, you'll need two couples to successfully start a fortress via breeding, since brother/sister can't marry.

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53579 on: April 08, 2019, 02:41:24 pm »

The year is 575, and every dwarf, elf, and human civ died out centuries ago. All that's left is one tiny kobold civ, and the largest goblin civ I've ever seen in my life

Legends viewer says there's almost 65k goblins, 15k trolls, and 15k beak dogs inside all 180 sites of the Vice of Wines. Have a feeling we won't be getting any friendly neighbors showing up to trade any time soon.
Pages: 1 ... 3570 3571 [3572] 3573 3574 ... 3835