Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3571 3572 [3573] 3574 3575 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787616 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #53580 on: April 08, 2019, 02:45:38 pm »

Yeah, I'd say you may wanna get some goblin grinders ready.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53581 on: April 08, 2019, 02:58:13 pm »

65k goblins... You probably can cage 50k before they stop sending troops. Would that be enough to take on the circus?

EDIT: in my fort, I notice a dwarf carrying some meat item out of the lower gate and into the caverns. I check because that doesn't look right. The dwarf had a chopped crundle liver, and was feeding it to a caged crundle. I am now worried about mad crundle disease.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:27:14 pm by anewaname »
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #53582 on: April 08, 2019, 06:29:15 pm »

You will, of course, need to give everybody some free time. A year got me my two marriages in a similar setting.

Thanks. Yeah, I flubbed my first turn by giving them enough free time, but the tavern was too big. The other player worked them to death, so I spent the first half of my turn just mitigating stress. I'm hoping to build up some friendships this turn with the time I have left.

There are two males and are eligible for the other 6 dwarves. Hopefully the migrant wave will bring in some more potential couples.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #53583 on: April 09, 2019, 09:03:42 pm »

I... I can't believe it!
Spoiler: The legends are true! (click to show/hide)
In a time before time, I had a name.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #53584 on: April 10, 2019, 05:33:07 am »

I... I can't believe it!

That is amazing!  I thought there must have been some code that prevents such creations.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53585 on: April 10, 2019, 11:21:41 am »

I... I can't believe it!

Hallelujah!

If you want more artifacts like that beauty, there's cheesy ways to make that happen. Have any dwarf without a moodable skill become a Dabbling Weaponsmith, and forbid all metal bars except the kind you want (like, say, more steel) when one of your Dabblers enters a mood.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53586 on: April 10, 2019, 02:14:51 pm »

Not a fortress thing, but I finally figured out how to generate my kind of world.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #53587 on: April 10, 2019, 04:21:51 pm »

Hallelujah!

If you want more artifacts like that beauty, there's cheesy ways to make that happen. Have any dwarf without a moodable skill become a Dabbling Weaponsmith, and forbid all metal bars except the kind you want (like, say, more adamantine) when one of your Dabblers enters a mood.

FTFY
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #53588 on: April 10, 2019, 04:51:03 pm »

Artifact adamantine hammers though...

I'm in favour of simply looking up snazzy artifacts then looting the hell outta the places which house them.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #53589 on: April 10, 2019, 05:43:01 pm »

If you want more artifacts like that beauty, there's cheesy ways to make that happen. Have any dwarf without a moodable skill become a Dabbling Weaponsmith, and forbid all metal bars except the kind you want (like, say, more steel) when one of your Dabblers enters a mood.
I heard about it, but never actually tried, don't they just go crazy if they are looking for a specific liked metal though?
In a time before time, I had a name.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #53590 on: April 10, 2019, 05:51:07 pm »

Nah, they prefer a liked metal I believe, but if it's not available any bars ... metal will do :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #53591 on: April 10, 2019, 08:50:49 pm »

Nah, they prefer a liked metal I believe, but if it's not available any bars ... metal will do :P

I think you need to watch them closely. If they have a dream of making a masterwork and like specific metals and weapons - they might only make a weapon of that material.

--

So... In this small-cap legacy fort, I got a couple married. Now on my turn, they still haven't had a kid - it's been 2 years. I was under the impression kids happen like every year. Is there an age of infertility?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53592 on: April 10, 2019, 09:34:44 pm »

I think you need to watch them closely. If they have a dream of making a masterwork and like specific metals and weapons - they might only make a weapon of that material.

--

So... In this small-cap legacy fort, I got a couple married. Now on my turn, they still haven't had a kid - it's been 2 years. I was under the impression kids happen like every year. Is there an age of infertility?

Could just be they haven't had any time in contact due to conflicting sleep/work schedules. Far as I know they'll keep pumping them out until one or the other is dead.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #53593 on: April 11, 2019, 10:10:33 am »

@MobRules: i had random (un)dead animals entering my map on many embarks without any necromancers showing up. maybe you're near a reanimating biome.

my latest forts either got overrun too early by werebeings or turned boring too early.
i put tunnels etc. to always be shown and embark on top of tunnels to create a safe entrypoint. monsterhunters are pulled to my fort liek flies to a pie and they are the only defense against the hordes of pondgrabbers and trogs down in the caverns which also has a direct magmashaft... luckily nothing came up through there yet.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53594 on: April 11, 2019, 12:47:41 pm »

An ettin arrived at my fort carrying two dwarven artifacts, a bookcase and a crown. He proceeded to smash a number of the undead in the wilderness before they took him down. I am impatiently waiting for the current siege of undead to leave. Three nearby towers send large quantities of armored undead, so I lock the gate and wait for them to leave. Eventually, the magma crab fire support batteries will be completed and ready for action.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
Pages: 1 ... 3571 3572 [3573] 3574 3575 ... 3835