Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3602 3603 [3604] 3605 3606 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787754 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #54045 on: August 04, 2019, 04:02:04 pm »

Your image is broken; entering link in browser gives access denied (anonymous callers not having right to access the image).

Namash the Wave of Ferns doesn't seem particularly strong; good on her for killing series of caravan guards. Maybe check the guards' skills with manipulator in dead list to see how strong they were?

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54046 on: August 04, 2019, 04:30:37 pm »

...I don't know what else to do about the image. And Namash was genderless - hence the "it".

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54047 on: August 05, 2019, 03:20:32 am »

Oh, my bad.

And you can reupload image elsewhere. I use imgur rn; have used tinypic in the past.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #54048 on: August 05, 2019, 09:34:36 am »

A planter just ambushed and killed a child, dragged the bloody corpse to a tanning workshop and created "Lur amid, a dwarf bone shield! He claims it as an heirloom..."

Stuff's messed up.

Doesn't mean my military commander isn't going into battle shielded by the corpses of our young.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54049 on: August 05, 2019, 11:52:36 am »

Congratulations! You've discovered a brand new way to weaponize small children.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54050 on: August 05, 2019, 02:54:01 pm »

i'm attempting to finish the magma pump stacks on a copy of Dawnthunder i'm playing with while i wait for my turn to officially come up. meanwhile the dwarves are freaking out from stress but come on, it's magma. the question is what to do with the caged ogres, trolls, and goblins... can't use them for practice cuz it's a reanimating biome.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54051 on: August 05, 2019, 05:30:14 pm »

Say that again, more slowly. You're working with magma and you don't know what to do with your trapped invaders?

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54052 on: August 05, 2019, 08:13:17 pm »

Say that again, more slowly. You're working with magma and you don't know what to do with your trapped invaders?
...that's a good point XD
in my defense this is my first real attempt at a magma pump stack, i haven't gotten the stack functional yet (there's a few levels that need to be dug out still), and there's also the peculiar difficulty of having an aquifer directly over the magma sea. i have been tossing the assorted caged undead into a magma pit, mostly to free up the cages.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54053 on: August 06, 2019, 04:52:48 am »

Funnily enough, I just finished my pump stack. And at the exact same time I got invaded. Unfortunately, the trigger for the stack is outside in my waterwheel hut...
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Alidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54054 on: August 06, 2019, 07:22:56 am »

So I just started playing again and this "friendly" named elf came by, with an announcement and everything (thought I was being invaded at first)
She wanders around my fort for a while but then gets punched to death by a gang of dwarf children. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have pretty much zero defense at this time.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54055 on: August 06, 2019, 08:50:51 am »

So I just started playing again and this "friendly" named elf came by, with an announcement and everything (thought I was being invaded at first)
She wanders around my fort for a while but then gets punched to death by a gang of dwarf children. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have pretty much zero defense at this time.
so this is what it's come to: we have to do something against those punks who run amok in our forts!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Alidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54056 on: August 06, 2019, 09:03:47 am »

Well. It's fortunate the elf died because it let me discover some things.
1. I didn't have a corpse pile yet.
2. Because I didn't have a corpse pile, I was able to find some holes in my fort due to the miasma leaking out.

I probably wouldn't have noticed if that didn't happen.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54057 on: August 06, 2019, 09:53:15 am »

3. It let you discover your fort attracts werebeasts, like the elf.

Pretty fortunate, given how werebeast children are harder to direct away from others than usual.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54058 on: August 06, 2019, 06:00:46 pm »

Funnily enough, I just finished my pump stack. And at the exact same time I got invaded. Unfortunately, the trigger for the stack is outside in my waterwheel hut...
I like to put levers within 20 tiles of the things they control, and sometimes that causes problems. So, did they bring trolls?
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54059 on: August 06, 2019, 06:31:23 pm »

No. But there must have been nearly 40 crossbowgobbos in total. A wave of death, really. My poorly equipped legendary warriors managed to hew them into retreat at a choke point at great cost to themselves. I believe my military now consists of one hammerdwarf who was too depressed to fight at the time.

In other words, mutually assured destruction.

Still, with my magma forges and smelters now situated at ground level, and the fact that I rely on melted goblinite for arms and armour, I should soon be able to properly outfit my entire military. Er. Future military.

Previously, all my iron was going into the construction of 170 corkscrews and pipes; it took a lot of resources.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3602 3603 [3604] 3605 3606 ... 3835