Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3608 3609 [3610] 3611 3612 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788750 times)

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #54135 on: September 10, 2019, 02:09:09 am »

Two miners got stuck on the wrong side of a river after an accident involving some stone floors, a drawbridge and a cavein. Both of them climbed to the top of the canyon several times while gaining no climer skill for ??? reasons.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 03:04:24 am by Urist McUristUrist »

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54136 on: September 10, 2019, 06:54:05 am »

Hey, that reminds me of my first grand arena opening. It was beautiful arena, with multiple layers, invaders would fall from retracting bridge through few levels, tavern with seats into the battle grounds, connected to three side dungeons...

When I tested first match, the tavern visitors jumped down to the arena and beat everything with their hands. Well...
I hate that dwarves today would not even enjoy a proper arena. :'(
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54137 on: September 10, 2019, 07:29:01 am »

The soft dwarves wind up deeply traumatized. The hardened dwarves get mad that they're not allowed to join in.  ::)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #54138 on: September 10, 2019, 10:08:52 am »

I am deeply disturbed by how you guys thought dwarves were all bloodthirsty savages.
They just like to dig holes guys.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54139 on: September 10, 2019, 11:54:05 am »

I am deeply disturbed by how you guys thought dwarves were all bloodthirsty savages.
in a world like that of DF, i doubt anyone would be traumatized by seeing a wild animal ripping their lifestock apart.
they'd just pick up the remains and be frustrated because they realize that they'll have to wait another year until the caravan returns and brings some wool for them to wear new clothes while the old clothes are tattered.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54140 on: September 10, 2019, 12:01:30 pm »

That was the worst part about it, they defeated all gladiators and got negative thoughts because of the arena storming. Like really, they got offended by their own decision? One word: Dorfs!!!

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54141 on: September 11, 2019, 12:55:49 am »

Considering how the Martial Trance is their racial ability I always thought Dorfs are more fighty and violent than 'umies and elves.
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54142 on: September 11, 2019, 04:12:11 am »

Considering how the Martial Trance is their racial ability I always thought Dorfs are more fighty and violent than 'umies and elves.
that and the fact, that all those cruel things that can happen in DF already happened years before one starts their fort, so they already know how harsh the world is and should have accepted living in it already.
it's almost as if they could live in the most brutal jungle full of predators seeing things being eaten alive etc. for 100 years and still think they live in a cottoncandyworldmarshmallowwonderland and get a mental breakdown once they see the remains of the donkey at the butchers.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54143 on: September 11, 2019, 10:05:39 am »

Helmsdreamy, with its history of a total fort kill and a Concerningly Extensive crypt (with 519 coffins), seems to have stabilized for now.

also i should clarify that there were more coffins before the dragon came and smashed a bunch of them
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 10:08:22 am by nezclaw »
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54144 on: September 11, 2019, 01:55:46 pm »

Helmsdreamy, with its history of a total fort kill and a Concerningly Extensive crypt (with 519 coffins), seems to have stabilized for now.

also i should clarify that there were more coffins before the dragon came and smashed a bunch of them
reminds me to build a secondary and tertiary gate to the main entryway - you cannot have too much redundancy in defences.

so the outpost liasion proposed the title of barony to my tiny little meetinghall in the side of a hill - we're basically still just a hillocks of 10 dorfs.
also 7 migrants showed up:
a dyer with her criminal husband and their 5 children.
i don't know what to say... or what to do... should i build a prison right away?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 05:21:49 pm by Pvt. Pirate »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54145 on: September 11, 2019, 08:06:58 pm »

Nah it just means they are a member of some distant criminal organization, IIRC.

I don't think it'll have any bearing on fort mode. Certainly they won't run around and do the crimes.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54146 on: September 12, 2019, 01:12:12 am »

reminds me to build a secondary and tertiary gate to the main entryway - you cannot have too much redundancy in defences.

so the outpost liasion proposed the title of barony to my tiny little meetinghall in the side of a hill - we're basically still just a hillocks of 10 dorfs.
also 7 migrants showed up:
a dyer with her criminal husband and their 5 children.
i don't know what to say... or what to do... should i build a prison right away?
He's your king's spy
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Criminal

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54147 on: September 12, 2019, 10:38:11 am »

so does that mean the king is spying on me? is it because we just got a barony?

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54148 on: September 12, 2019, 11:47:56 am »

so does that mean the king is spying on me? is it because we just got a barony?
No. It means that he forgot to stop using his assumed identity after spying on the elves/the goblins/the humans/the other dwarven civilizations due to a bug. He's an absolutely loyal citizen of your fort, but his name, preferences etc. are fake and you won't get a notification when he throws a tantrum.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54149 on: September 12, 2019, 02:32:32 pm »

sounds interesting. i just switched from 44.09 to 44.12 and i'm actually impressed on those identity details etc. hope some get fixed in next update.
Pages: 1 ... 3608 3609 [3610] 3611 3612 ... 3835