Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3609 3610 [3611] 3612 3613 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787086 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #54150 on: September 12, 2019, 03:24:01 pm »

No siege in a few years. I’ve spent the last few years amassing wealth so I might become the Mountainhome eventually. There is literally one other Civ on this tiny, tiny island and it’s the Goblins. My militia is nine Dwarves who’ve done nothing but train for several years, and they’re incredibly happy, since they’re all Martial arts nuts. They all have steel equipment, so I could probably fend off whatever the Goblins throw at me, but I literally dug out a 3 z-level tall room and re-walled it with marble blocks to create a Throne room for the Monarch, and it’s floored with even more marble, so what they send next could well be the death of me if they can get in.

!!FUN!! May be coming.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54151 on: September 12, 2019, 04:17:39 pm »

I deconstructed a staircase to stop dwarves from using my old fort entrance because it wasn't secure and caused caravan issues.

One of the rock blocks fell three z-levels and instantly killed a legandary miner by exploding his lower body.

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54152 on: September 13, 2019, 07:23:43 am »

It was inevitable.

I got some resident monster slayers once I breached the caverns and one came unarmed. The human wrestler is now down their wrestling crundles and troglodytes. Kinda funny when you think about it. He travels far and wide to my fortress, just to get very close to creepy underground monsters.
I wonder how long he will live once he finds a troll down there.
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54153 on: September 13, 2019, 07:42:50 am »

Speaking of trolls, once I found a troll in someone's bedroom. The citizen that lived there was standing next to him, waiting, presumably for his bed to be freed. Militia took care of the troll, at cost of horrible mess in the bedroom afterward. Great experience, though.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54154 on: September 13, 2019, 09:19:44 am »

One of my miners got trapped underground, he started digging his way out after a while

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54155 on: September 13, 2019, 09:23:03 am »

One of my miners got trapped underground, he started digging his way out after a while

That's... Too smart for a dorf. I have strong suspicion he might be an imposter. Keep eye on him...

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54156 on: September 13, 2019, 11:40:02 am »

W H A T

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #54157 on: September 13, 2019, 12:54:16 pm »

You mean you told him where to dig his way out? Or did he actually climb out a pre-existing chute or something?

My fortress has been prosperous. Mostly because I blatantly cheated to get a fuckton of materials for free. But also because we havent been attacked by anything. And I havent accidentally killed anybody.

I'm still using my weird "bovine people" that have both intelligent citizen and unintelligent livestock castes. I'm doing a breeding program to get the strongest possible individuals, so killing off any that are less than "incredibly muscular." Despite runninjg this for 3 years now, and all the living candidates left being incredibly muscular, 90% of children born to them are not. It is unfortunate, but hey, lotsa meat to go around. They've given birth to 3 intelligent children so far. I lcoked two of them in and let them die of thirst because they were weak. Third one has really good stats so she's grown up (in one year, I didnt give the different castes different child tags) and is working as a miner for the moment.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54158 on: September 13, 2019, 04:50:15 pm »

W H A T
I designated the area around his trapped position, causing him to eventually do said designation

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54159 on: September 13, 2019, 11:55:52 pm »

W H A T
I designated the area around his trapped position, causing him to eventually do said designation

But took him while, right? Well, then he's completely dorfy. Diagnosis says your miner is in normal health condition.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54160 on: September 14, 2019, 07:42:34 am »

W H A T

But took him while, right? Well, then he's completely dorfy. Diagnosis says your miner is in normal health condition.
Yes, it took a while

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54161 on: September 14, 2019, 07:57:18 am »

I just love when miners get stuck in their own digging. Recently I was testing screw pumps, but always at least one citizen was stuck in the cistern pit. They're doing this on purpose, I'm telling you!

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54162 on: September 14, 2019, 09:18:03 am »

In the most anticlimactic siege ever, a single marksdwarf drove a siege force of over forty goblin invaders away in a panicked rout. My waiting meleedwarves never even got to see the enemy. One would think immortal embodiments of evil would be made of sterner stuff, really.

In other news, a dog just gave birth to a litter of puppies. This wouldn't be newsworthy as such, but all male dogs in the fortress were gelded years ago. I have no idea what happened, but I'm not ruling out that the mother was impregnated when the human caravan carried a caged dog past it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 09:38:16 am by Staalo »
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #54163 on: September 14, 2019, 03:11:52 pm »

caged animals cant cause or acquire new pregnancies. One of your migrants might have had a dog you missed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54164 on: September 14, 2019, 04:13:02 pm »

Tried to kill a siege using a drawbridge, a river and no other defence systems save for a horde of war dogs I had due to a dogsplosion.

Your strength has been broken.
Pages: 1 ... 3609 3610 [3611] 3612 3613 ... 3835