Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3630 3631 [3632] 3633 3634 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788138 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #54465 on: January 20, 2020, 01:51:10 am »

Retire-unretire can sometimes help fix fps issues, could try it to see what fps you get.

@Zebra: There is a solution: Retire fort and build sites (fort or adv mode both work) until you reach the rest of civ.

Zebra2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54466 on: January 20, 2020, 11:48:05 am »

Interesting. I'd believe it could work.

So, is it the case that you con't reach other civs even when they are listed as reachable in the embark screen?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #54467 on: January 20, 2020, 12:43:57 pm »

I've found no way to end a civil war. I got in that situation too and gave up trying to end it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 12:46:14 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dragofire

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified genius and snek lover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54468 on: January 20, 2020, 01:27:11 pm »

Get a siege so I can move captives to a arena full of caged wildlife and war animals and watch them die horribly.
I love setting up arena battles.
My Stuff
My Dragon Cave Scroll
We could just lie on all of our maps, or we could flood Europe.
The standard sense of Mario is that he won't murder someone but isn't good enough to not smash bugs. This is engraved into everyone’s mind.
There was one slight problem with the climb, and that was the spontaneous combustion.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54469 on: January 20, 2020, 01:50:06 pm »

Hmmm. adding citizens to the military and hmmm. One of the newer citizens shows as being in a squad. But I have no squad by that name. Interesting.

The citizen used to be a member of a different civilisation before migrating to my fortress.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54470 on: January 20, 2020, 02:14:08 pm »

I've found no way to end a civil war. I got in that situation too and gave up trying to end it.

So...this solution doesn't work, then?

âbirtobul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54471 on: January 20, 2020, 04:45:55 pm »

Quarantined my now were-elk Thresher Udil. She gave birth in the cell, turned, did not harm baby 1. Got baby out when Udil became dwarf. Udil gives birth again in the cell. No problem I think. Wrong, Udil turns and pulps baby #2.  :-\ Little Tun was quite fortunate it seems. I do wish he'd got baby 2's name though: Moses. That would have been too perfect. Anyway idk why 1 not other got rekt. Udil is devistated. I hope no more babies

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54472 on: January 20, 2020, 07:39:52 pm »

You can use bridges to drop the dwarf onto a cage trap and separate the mother & baby. It's a bit finnicky but as long as the mother is allowed to nurse the baby now and then, or other dwarves are available to feed/water the baby, they'll survive into childhood and be self-caring after a year. Were-creatures will unfortunately nom their babies unless their babies are also were-creature babbies

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54473 on: January 20, 2020, 08:03:17 pm »

You can use bridges to drop the dwarf onto a cage trap and separate the mother & baby. It's a bit finnicky but as long as the mother is allowed to nurse the baby now and then, or other dwarves are available to feed/water the baby, they'll survive into childhood and be self-caring after a year. Were-creatures will unfortunately nom their babies unless their babies are also were-creature babbies
I didn’t think a baby could survive being bit by a werecreature, unless you are talking about a a werecreature father and mother mating while dwarves, this passing on the wereness to their child? Can that happen?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54474 on: January 21, 2020, 05:04:28 am »

I didn’t think a baby could survive being bit by a werecreature, unless you are talking about a a werecreature father and mother mating while dwarves, this passing on the wereness to their child? Can that happen?
Nah they have to be bitten

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54475 on: January 21, 2020, 05:50:11 am »

Working on a new version of my artificial lake castle, this time in a location that isn't hosed! I've spawned an economic link, even though it doesn't appear on the map--I read something about a bug where hidden caves can get linked economically, so I figure it must be that. Haven't gotten any more, but I've conquered three dark pits, so I'm a county now. And a city. Gotta get me that king, otherwise why have a castle?

My visitors have started to ripen and are requesting citizenship in droves. Wish I could get more mercs and scholars, but I'm keen to see what happens when you train an elf poet how to use a steel battleaxe. The problem I'm having is that there doesn't seem to be a way to keep the humans clothed using workflow. Maybe if I just use different cloth for large sizes...that might do it. If it works, it's sheer luck that using different cloth is treated as an entirely different kind of job.

Words cannot express how much I love being able to name my quantum stockpiles.

Edit: Using different cloth does work, but first you have to dump every clothing item of that cloth in the wrong size that already exists.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 09:49:09 am by doublestrafe »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54476 on: January 21, 2020, 07:21:49 pm »

So frustrated trying to get this damn necrobacon factory working. So far necrobacon v.4 has had two false starts, one after I accidentally dumped my animals down the wrong chute onto the necromancer, now because the water conveyor is not nearly as efficient as I hoped it would be. I've had some inspiration and figured I can probably get the products to walk into the harvesting area but I still have to wait for the remnants to mill about into the hammers & bolts. Project is already overdue by a few years though, so I suppose a few years more won't hurt

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54477 on: January 21, 2020, 08:17:57 pm »

Can you not end it by winning?
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #54478 on: January 21, 2020, 10:42:53 pm »

They never invaded me and they never sent a diplomat to resolve it, and I am unable to invade sites owned by my civ, so no. You could try pissing off every other neighboring civ until yours is wiped out by all the wars, and then try to survive the wars yourself, I guess.

But even then youll be in a situation where youre technically at war with your civ, so no migrants or caravans, and unable to resolve it. Youre just lonely and at war with yourself.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54479 on: January 21, 2020, 11:31:48 pm »

Aw, that's a lot less fun than a civil war in dwarf fortress initially sounded...
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion
Pages: 1 ... 3630 3631 [3632] 3633 3634 ... 3835