Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3680 3681 [3682] 3683 3684 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788794 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #55215 on: June 29, 2020, 02:51:27 pm »

It's down on the right

WEASELS RIPPED MY FLESH
oh, don’t know how I missed that

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55216 on: June 29, 2020, 02:52:26 pm »

Terrible choice of colour for that placing
Love, scriver~

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55217 on: June 29, 2020, 03:12:53 pm »

I just started a new embark, and my whole embark team, animals included starts out on top of a tree on the edge of the map.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55218 on: June 29, 2020, 05:25:54 pm »

With the yak and weasel incident, I have seen the same type of event when a wild boar was fleeing from something and it ran through a cavavan, and ran too close to one of the wagon beasts. The wagon beast attacked the boar and the wagon exploded. The "something" that had frightened the boar was chasing another boar and never came near the wagons. The frightened boar never attacked the wagon beast, but it might have come out of its condition of fear while it was near the wagon.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55219 on: July 01, 2020, 12:08:26 pm »

My king has arrived. He's 27 and an arrogant sod. He's also marked as "Prisoner" for a job and white, vs purple. Seems like a bug.
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55220 on: July 01, 2020, 03:17:32 pm »

My king has arrived. He's 27 and an arrogant sod. He's also marked as "Prisoner" for a job and white, vs purple. Seems like a bug.

Maybe it's just a revolution in making, and he temporarily escaped his captors. Better decapitate him to be sure it ends as it should.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55221 on: July 01, 2020, 03:31:13 pm »

You would deny the people their right to see him tried?

The only reasonable thing to do is to send him off to fight for glory!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #55222 on: July 01, 2020, 07:25:37 pm »

Sounds like there's a story behind that.

mountainmover

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55223 on: July 02, 2020, 12:00:15 pm »

I am currently attempting to domesticate capybara. This is my first time domesticating animals, and I think it is going alright. I have 5 capybaras in a pen with varying levels of training. I am waiting for a baby bara to show up to fully domesticate the species. Hopefully my dwarfs will be overwhelmed with their new capybara pets, or I become a factory for capybara leather shoes. Maybe a mix of both!

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55224 on: July 02, 2020, 04:45:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

----

My new 5x5 embark with null.stress dwarfs, has a river with two branches. Building inbetween the branches, for the moat effect, area does not freeze.  The aqua layers were seriously bugged, I had to use dfHack to dry all aqua in order to dig down. A moose trampled my hunter, because instead of refilling his quiver the naughty boy, started meleeing the moose, according to logs.

Alr+f4, and then scumload. Removed moose, with dfHack: exterminate this. Progress has been made, just recieved 2nd migration wave. 5 miners, 6 hunters, children are all mechanics. 1 named grazing pet, exterminate this. no named pets.

4 guilds have formed, made no promises to them as of yet. Really exciting with 2 dwarf min for guild/temple and 5 dorf min for priest, change this anytime in d_init. Helps a dull game, gain life.

Im utterly screwed my map will not unreveal. I wanted to see if I had any good gemstones. Now, I guess I can design rooms with engraved gemstone pillars.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55225 on: July 03, 2020, 12:29:06 am »

@Knutor If you unpause the game after using dfhack reveal, unreveal doesn't work anymore. Dfhack revlood does.

Moeteru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55226 on: July 03, 2020, 03:03:17 am »

It turns out that, in addition to being absolutely lethal, minecart grinders have the fun side effect of frequently blowing enemies apart by slamming them into walls. This means that they leave behind stacks of bones when allowed to rot. Normally ethics would prohibit dwarves from using those bones, but the corpses of undead aren't treated the same way as normal sapient corpses. The result is that my dwarves will happily pick up that stack of "dwarf speardwarf corpse bone" and use it for crafting. Pretty much every artefact my fort produces is now decorated with some combination of human, goblin, and dwarf bone (the elves are already extinct in this world).

It's kind of fitting given that most of my dwarves are now necromancers. Although I really need to figure out a reliable way to make them drink. The slowdown from lack of alcohol is pretty severe.

Oh, and I've run into a fun semi-bug with some pet giant cave toads. I made the mistake of allowing females to be claimed as pets while caging all the males. Every few months the toads give birth, and since they're adults from birth, any newborn males immediately get the females pregnant again, thus continuing the cycle. Hopefully some lucky RNG rolls will result in all-female litters in the near future.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55227 on: July 03, 2020, 01:33:07 pm »

@Urist, tyvm. Giving it a whirl.

Those rapidly breeding Toads make great siege fodder bait. Some are quite big, I pitty their mother.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55228 on: July 03, 2020, 11:30:05 pm »

Amxu Arstruktongmul, Ghostly Goblin Performer has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Hadn't seen that one before.  :o

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55229 on: July 04, 2020, 02:24:39 am »

Amxu Arstruktongmul, Ghostly Goblin Performer has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Hadn't seen that one before.  :o

Most of my current military is goblin immigrants.  None of them seem to die.
Pages: 1 ... 3680 3681 [3682] 3683 3684 ... 3835