Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3687 3688 [3689] 3690 3691 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787108 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #55320 on: August 03, 2020, 03:37:36 pm »

Growing Nether-cap trees, +1 z, above the magma sea, on obsidian floor. Their nice cool rootballs go straight into the magma. Hoping for something interesting to report. Each is 1000yr old.

Does anyone know if Glumprong(evil lumber) beds promote nightmares and thus faster book creation?  Last fort I dabbled with a temple to a god of nightmares, and put inside it, a bunkroom full of beds, but nothing really noticeable occured. They were not made of Glumprong, however.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #55321 on: August 03, 2020, 04:07:08 pm »

Sadly there aren't interactions like that yet. So glumprong does nothing, and a temple to a god of nightmares will behave like any other temple.

I would love to do something with those sorts of interactions if I could, though. I'm testing my Spellcrafts mod again, built a fort to test magics working, turns out writeable secrets for every spell I want to add wouldn't work out because there are simply not enough spheres, and a sphere with multiple secrets associated with it will have books/slabs teach you any of those secrets, not just the one they supposedly contain. So it would be a huge mess.

I forgot about an entryway into the second caverns so a bunch of elk birds, a giant bat and a reacher walked in and scared/attacked dwarves. There were only a couple broken limbs thankfully.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:10:43 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

rostbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55322 on: August 06, 2020, 03:33:57 pm »

While being chained in Bridgehammer's prison for 85 days for a number of crimes committed while throwing a tantrum (one of them was inflicting lethal injuries on a legendary weaver), Urvad Sazirsulus' stress level went from haggard to quite happy, from over 30,000 to under -22,000.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55323 on: August 06, 2020, 03:37:19 pm »

While being chained in Bridgehammer's prison for 85 days for a number of crimes committed while throwing a tantrum (one of them was inflicting lethal injuries on a legendary weaver), Urvad Sazirsulus' stress level went from haggard to quite happy, from over 30,000 to under -22,000.

What's your prison like?

rostbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55324 on: August 06, 2020, 03:58:18 pm »

What's your prison like?

Not *that* special. 3x3 room with detailed floors and walls, masterful bed, superior quality gold chain, 1x1 food and drink stockpiles, 1x1 zone added to an existing temple.
The last tantruming dwarf went beserk in the neighboring cell during his detainment and will now spend the rest of his life there. He only got a silver chain, but everything else is quite similar. That's why I'm quite surprised about Urvad.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #55325 on: August 06, 2020, 04:05:31 pm »

What does the thought about being imprisoned say, specifically?

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55326 on: August 06, 2020, 04:33:47 pm »

Not *that* special. 3x3 room with detailed floors and walls, masterful bed, superior quality gold chain, 1x1 food and drink stockpiles, 1x1 zone added to an existing temple.
The last tantruming dwarf went beserk in the neighboring cell during his detainment and will now spend the rest of his life there. He only got a silver chain, but everything else is quite similar. That's why I'm quite surprised about Urvad.

Sounds pretty okay but not miraculous.  Maybe it's not what's in there but what isn't in there.  Possibly something in his normal activities was stressing him out and he's improving without whatever it is.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55327 on: August 06, 2020, 05:11:14 pm »

Other people

Just like me
Love, scriver~

rostbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55328 on: August 07, 2020, 01:30:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Repentant" - you better be, Urvad! Good for him. Also, interested near a fine bed.

Sounds pretty okay but not miraculous.  Maybe it's not what's in there but what isn't in there.  Possibly something in his normal activities was stressing him out and he's improving without whatever it is.

I've just never seen someone recover so quick.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #55329 on: August 07, 2020, 03:06:25 pm »

That's because "repentant" is a positive thought instead of a negative one. He's getting happier from being imprisoned. It happens to some individuals, but I'm not sure what personality trait controls it.

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55330 on: August 07, 2020, 05:21:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Repentant" - you better be, Urvad! Good for him. Also, interested near a fine bed.

I've just never seen someone recover so quick.
[/quote]

That's because "repentant" is a positive thought instead of a negative one. He's getting happier from being imprisoned. It happens to some individuals, but I'm not sure what personality trait controls it.

Just lock the door and let him enjoy the padded cell for a while longer. Just don't let him starve.
In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.
"Has it been 4 days? Better check if my penis is still there again."

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55331 on: August 07, 2020, 07:56:47 pm »

My fort, Evilskies, is under siege by a small gobbo force. My militia has failed and I'm getting slaughtered.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55332 on: August 08, 2020, 08:16:31 am »

This is when you send in the miners and woodcutters
Love, scriver~

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55333 on: August 08, 2020, 10:40:07 am »

This is when you send in the miners and woodcutters

Sadly, that wasn't enough to stop the trolls.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55334 on: August 08, 2020, 09:09:31 pm »

I thought I was on a pangea world, and no matter where I settled I would have access to everyone. I'm not. I;m on an otherwise uninhabited island. I get one dwarf caravan and kobolds. 'bolds are not particularly challenging. Maybe forest titans will start showing up soon...

Is there anything you can do with Kobolds on the mission screen?

At least it's a freezing ocean, so a glistening 10-z-level tower of pure ice is possible.
Pages: 1 ... 3687 3688 [3689] 3690 3691 ... 3835