Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3688 3689 [3690] 3691 3692 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787720 times)

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes dwarfs for their stupidity.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #55335 on: August 09, 2020, 01:24:35 am »

We believe that Kobolds do not appear in the Civs Screen, so probably not.  However, this may have changed as We play an older version.  Check the Civs Map.  If it shows Kobold Caves,, you can send Missions to Kobolds.

As for Ourselves, one of Our Dwarfs entered a Fey Mood.

The Artifact turned out to be a Toy Axe.  With menacing Spikes.

It's a Toy!  Why does it have Spikes?

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55336 on: August 09, 2020, 01:11:43 pm »

We believe that Kobolds do not appear in the Civs Screen, so probably not.  However, this may have changed as We play an older version.  Check the Civs Map.  If it shows Kobold Caves,, you can send Missions to Kobolds.

They are on the civ screen, but not the holding screen.

Apparently that's a worldgen option, is there any way to mod them in so I can actually get a Baron?

I've got lead greaves that menace with spikes of Alpaca wool.

Thunderforge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55337 on: August 09, 2020, 04:26:32 pm »

It's a toy AXE, it's meant to be dangerous.
Klinka Na Karaz : Grung A Na Grungron : Az A Na Ankor
A Pick for the Earth : A Hammer for the Anvil : An Axe for everything else

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55338 on: August 09, 2020, 11:15:54 pm »

Full of rum and proud of his work, Urist chooses to defend his choice of spikes on the toy axe, so he stands on the table, stomps a few times to quiet the tavern, and loudly yells....
"We need to teach our children to respect and understand spikes, because spikes will be a part of your kid's life..." {dramatic pause}
"When we fight, we use spikes and the enemy uses spikes!"
"When we craft, spikes improve the beauty and function of our trade goods."
"When your kid hugs you...",  Urist waggles a finger at a newly married couple, the proudest dwarfs in the fort, with both of their beards bristling with wax-reinforced beard spikes. He grins.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55339 on: August 10, 2020, 12:36:03 am »

It's a toy AXE, it's meant to be dangerous.

We are using this in Our Signature.

Full of rum and proud of his work, Urist chooses to defend his choice of spikes on the toy axe, so he stands on the table, stomps a few times to quiet the tavern, and loudly yells....
"We need to teach our children to respect and understand spikes, because spikes will be a part of your kid's life..." {dramatic pause}
"When we fight, we use spikes and the enemy uses spikes!"
"When we craft, spikes improve the beauty and function of our trade goods."
"When your kid hugs you...",  Urist waggles a finger at a newly married couple, the proudest dwarfs in the fort, with both of their beards bristling with wax-reinforced beard spikes. He grins.

The Children of Whisperorbs must have studied well then, as it was one of them who crafted the Toy Axe in question.

Seeing as said Artifact is also encrusted, studded, and has at least one Image on it the Child has performed impressively.

rostbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55340 on: August 11, 2020, 04:26:43 pm »

On a single day, 13th of Hematite, a human caravan and two Forgotten Beasts arrived in Bridgehammer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

weiserthanyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55341 on: August 11, 2020, 08:36:54 pm »

How do I get a caravan-bought animal out of a cage when dwarves seem to not acknowledge its existence and the animal spent about a year categorized as missing as a result?
I really don't want my war elephant army to fail before the first deployment.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where a person can have his head be destroyed by necrosis and only die when the doctor amputates his torso.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55342 on: August 11, 2020, 11:17:35 pm »

How do I get a caravan-bought animal out of a cage when dwarves seem to not acknowledge its existence and the animal spent about a year categorized as missing as a result?
I really don't want my war elephant army to fail before the first deployment.
My guess is that your elephants starved to death in the cage, and now the only way to get the corpses out (and get them un-missing) is to find the corpse on one of your various item lists and order it dumped. Elephants are grazers, and grazers die if they're not on a pasture with grass.

There are two ways to get a living animal out:
1) Order them to move the animal. I have a couple of pastures right by my Trade Depot where I put my various animal purchases. Especially grazers. You set up the pastures with 'i,' select your area, then you can tell the game it's a pasture with 'n,' and order animals moved there with "N."

2) Build the cage like you would a jail cell, then attach it to a level, and pull the lever. This is generally used if you want to set up some sort of arena where captured besiegers can be massacred by your militia for fun.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55343 on: August 12, 2020, 04:43:04 am »

And practice
Love, scriver~

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55344 on: August 12, 2020, 05:28:18 am »

@weiserthanyou
I have a habit, when I finish trading, I immediately assign bought animals to pastures.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55345 on: August 12, 2020, 12:17:18 pm »

We have had a most tiresome Year at Whisperorbs.  This Spring, We forgot to flip the Access to Our Trade Depot from Fort-Side to Tunnel-Side so the Elfen Caravan had to take an Exposed Route and one of the Pair spooked.  Seeing as We find their Timing useful for disposing of Worn Clothes, this put Us at a Disadvantage.

In Summer, a WereZebra killed the Human Guild Representative and one of Our Dwarfs.  Thankfully, We did not need to worry about the Caravan.

Come Fall, We were besieged by Goblins.  While none of Our Dwarfs were killed, Our current Methods for entertaining such Visitors are not the most efficient.  As such, We missed the Dwarfen Caravan and the Siege did not lift until the arrival of a Savanna Titan.

Said Titan then fell to the retreating Goblins, which We choose to consider a Stroke of Luck.

It is now Winter, and We refuse to open Our Main Gate to anything short of the Dwarfen Monarch.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55346 on: August 12, 2020, 02:46:09 pm »

TrustedGranite fell to an alligator before the entrance tunnel could be completed.

Currently trying to gen a good world so I can try again...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

lukerules117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55347 on: August 12, 2020, 02:54:50 pm »

At some point during the last siege my necromayor ended up raising and killing a single elf arm sixty two times while trapped under a bridge and now almost every post of his body has an infection... Dwarves are really not the smartest of creatures.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55348 on: August 12, 2020, 05:47:30 pm »

Is it possible in Fortress or adventure to self-thrall?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55349 on: August 12, 2020, 06:10:14 pm »

One of my scholars was bit by a werepanda, and survived. I want him to keep contributing to the research effort. So I'm going to build him a little cell next to the library, to see if he can contribute to the group discussions through fortifications.
Pages: 1 ... 3688 3689 [3690] 3691 3692 ... 3835