Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3709 3710 [3711] 3712 3713 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787839 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #55650 on: November 30, 2020, 03:26:36 am »

Had a bigger Aqir siege pop up. One of my axemen got decapped, although the monks proved themselves to be quite deadly in this one.

The mace squad captain also neglected to bring her mace and instead opted for...breaking her buckler over one of the invader's heads.

Oddly badass, shame that after that she was reduced to only using her fists.

Meanwhile one of the axemen is thinking of opening a horse lobotomy company.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 03:31:58 am by ZM5 »

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55651 on: November 30, 2020, 11:55:25 am »

Uyane Iluethefa, Rattlesnake Man Recruit is visiting.

Just makes me laugh when the various animal men/women show up as visitors.  8) :D

Lord Shiteblast

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok be praised
    • View Profile
« Reply #55652 on: December 05, 2020, 05:31:50 pm »

Just lost my fortress to an undead siege. While the undead massacred my dwarves, I managed to seal the entrances and unseal the caverns, allowing a forgotten beast into the fortress that cleansed it of living and dead alike. All that remains is an impentrable tomb, but it is at least clear of foul undead.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55653 on: December 06, 2020, 01:46:29 am »

I was browsing through legends and learned that a goblin fort had been sacked by the humans. Not once or twice, but one hundred and twelve times. There's been over a thousand deaths on both sides over 200 years of fighting, and just about every historical figure in the human government body has participated in this semi-annual sacking in some way.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55654 on: December 06, 2020, 03:46:09 am »

I was browsing through legends and learned that a goblin fort had been sacked by the humans. Not once or twice, but one hundred and twelve times. There's been over a thousand deaths on both sides over 200 years of fighting, and just about every historical figure in the human government body has participated in this semi-annual sacking in some way.

Had once a goblin master that went undercover in order to participate in competitions during frog man festivals. He was doing it over two hundred years, then probably got mad after losing a morningstar throwing championship and conquered the frog man lands.

Procedurally generated customs sure are curious.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #55655 on: December 06, 2020, 04:50:44 am »

During a siege, one of my elite monk wrestlers grabbed a boat hook from one of the drowned invaders...and proceeded to go absolutely ham with it.

I love this game.

Pike squad captain also let out an anime scream as the siege was nearing its end.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 05:04:40 am by ZM5 »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #55656 on: December 06, 2020, 03:22:36 pm »

Nothing personnel drowned one. It is the apex of Dwarven martial arts to defeat the enemy with their own weapons

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55657 on: December 07, 2020, 09:16:36 am »

Had once a goblin master that went undercover in order to participate in competitions during frog man festivals. He was doing it over two hundred years, then probably got mad after losing a morningstar throwing championship and conquered the frog man lands.

Procedurally generated customs sure are curious.

Ha!  What a sore loser!
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55658 on: December 09, 2020, 05:14:24 pm »

Meanwhile, my dwarves are turning the outside sculpture garden into a vomitorium:

Fortressdeath

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55659 on: December 10, 2020, 05:25:48 am »

As is tradition the dwarves go outside and coat the surface with their vomit, painting it a lovely shade of green.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #55660 on: December 10, 2020, 05:49:06 am »

They are vomiting their appreciation of the artwork.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55661 on: December 10, 2020, 06:51:49 am »

I mean, once you have a population of 100 and more or so, your whole fortress is one big vomitorium.

Vomitorium seriously needs to be a in-game term, tho. Just imagine, pressing i-v, define borders for the activity zone, and your dwarves now can sate their vomit needs in designated place.

Or make it a stockpile.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55662 on: December 10, 2020, 07:02:50 am »

Just imagine being able designate a cistern to be filled with vomit then dumping it out on the goblins and elves when they invade.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55663 on: December 10, 2020, 04:22:43 pm »

Getting back into DF after some time off, genned a new world and started a new fort, as usual.

My first migrants were two undead dwarves who were raised by the same necromancer after rotting in their graves for nearly a century and then, after few decades of unlife, became romantically involved with each other. Apparently they're also both deeply involved in a huge necromancer conspiracy to take over the whole world and will probably start plotting against the fort at some point.

Now what should I do with them? They're not exactly prime migrant material, so should I just draft them and send them on suicide missions? Or should I try to get them married and to produce unholy babies, despite me being deeply disturbed by the idea of ghoulish lovebirds smooching in my corridors?

Maybe I'll just let it play it out as it goes; I sense there's a Story waiting to be told in this fortress.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55664 on: December 10, 2020, 09:43:30 pm »

As always, magma solves everything.

Fortressdeath
Pages: 1 ... 3709 3710 [3711] 3712 3713 ... 3835