Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3710 3711 [3712] 3713 3714 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787860 times)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #55665 on: December 11, 2020, 03:00:52 am »

After few seasons... this is getting ridiculous. So far ALL the migrants moving to my fortress have been centuries old undead. Maybe I should have checked if the civ had actually any living dwarves before embarking.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55666 on: December 11, 2020, 03:41:50 am »

After few seasons... this is getting ridiculous. So far ALL the migrants moving to my fortress have been centuries old undead. Maybe I should have checked if the civ had actually any living dwarves before embarking.

Welcome to post 47.01 era!

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55667 on: December 11, 2020, 05:28:09 pm »

Haven't had this problem.

Have had the half-the-fort-are-undead-visitors-trying-to-steal-the-best-artifact more than once.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55668 on: December 11, 2020, 05:29:24 pm »

Kill 'Em All
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #55669 on: December 11, 2020, 06:36:33 pm »

For the first time in ANY FORT I'VE PLAYED, I've struck...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

slave of amok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55670 on: December 12, 2020, 08:09:46 am »

made two posts about mine so far but i gues i can give an update: im currently trying to invade the circus and ive got a good settup for it too but these darn clowns keep breeding like undersized cars. also a battalion of trolls and an ettin i captured burned alive in a forrest fire. ive also made a carving of splatterfaces grunt in my treasure hall. will not forget monke.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55671 on: December 12, 2020, 10:35:23 am »

made two posts about mine so far but i gues i can give an update: im currently trying to invade the circus and ive got a good settup for it too but these darn clowns keep breeding like undersized cars. also a battalion of trolls and an ettin i captured burned alive in a forrest fire. ive also made a carving of splatterfaces grunt in my treasure hall. will not forget monke.
Are the new demons hostile?

My memory is the evil Demon AI that causes them to invade your fortress and kill you is reserved to the ones who start the game on-map.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55672 on: December 12, 2020, 03:44:49 pm »

I mean, once you have a population of 100 and more or so, your whole fortress is one big vomitorium.
Vomitorium seriously needs to be a in-game term, tho. Just imagine, pressing i-v, define borders for the activity zone, and your dwarves now can sate their vomit needs in designated place.
Or make it a stockpile.
It's one of the few things you can't buy in barrels from the caravan. Goblin tears? No problem!   Mongoose blood? Yep that too!    Insect ichor? Choose your insect, we got a selection!    Dwarf vomit? Nah, mate, that stuff is everywhere, barrel your own!
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55673 on: December 12, 2020, 07:59:13 pm »

Mebbe I should just build everything in olivine to hide the puke.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55674 on: December 12, 2020, 09:45:08 pm »

Mebbe I should just build everything in olivine to hide the puke.

I'm using green glass blocks to hide the vomit.
If you have sand, you have infinite blocks :-)
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55675 on: December 13, 2020, 12:25:05 pm »

Good point, I'd forgotten about that.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55676 on: December 13, 2020, 01:57:14 pm »

Hopefully, someday Toady will make the sand & clay tiles deplete appropriately as we collect from them.

slave of amok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55677 on: December 13, 2020, 03:00:52 pm »

My memory is the evil Demon AI that causes them to invade your fortress and kill you is reserved to the ones who start the game on-map.
idk if this post makes it to the right thread but to reply: i have no idea. i didnt know they changed the demon AI, that theres a demon age gap, or how angry they are with me getting on their front lawn. what i do know is that im currently sending a murder zoo down there becouse my ballista project doesnt generate enough FUN  ;D

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55678 on: December 13, 2020, 05:34:33 pm »

idk if this post makes it to the right thread but to reply: i have no idea. i didnt know they changed the demon AI, that theres a demon age gap, or how angry they are with me getting on their front lawn. what i do know is that im currently sending a murder zoo down there becouse my ballista project doesnt generate enough FUN  ;D
1. If we were topic-Nazis we wouldn't be at 3713 pages of posts on this thread. Pretty much the only reason you'd want to start a new thread is if your Dwarven science is so new and exciting that people will want to cite the post. Finding one post on 3,713 pages is a lot harder than it's own thread.
2. This sounds like a perfect opportunity for Dwarven !SCIENCE! When you open up the gates of Hell see how many/which demons start trying to walk to your guys and kill them. Demons who choose to hide out in the lower levels of hell while your Dwarves hunt them down one-by-one have a non-hostile AI. My memory is that if you clear out hell once demons will continue to walk into hell the way wildlife continues to walk onto the map of the surface, and the walk-ons don't actively path into your fortress looking for Dwarves to kill. They just kinda hang out down there unless disturbed.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #55679 on: December 13, 2020, 08:10:30 pm »

Spire demons will path into your fort, map edge demons generally won't. However, map edge demons are still hostile and will kill anything they see, and they'll also path toward destructible furniture. The latter are generally easier to corrall. I managed to build a wall around the edge of hell by trapping a few groups of wild demons behind a drawbridge baited with an artifact cabinet.
Pages: 1 ... 3710 3711 [3712] 3713 3714 ... 3835