Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3714 3715 [3716] 3717 3718 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5833072 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #55725 on: January 11, 2021, 03:04:13 pm »

If it had no syndrome, why was the dust called deadly?

towerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Cloven Asunder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55726 on: January 11, 2021, 03:20:49 pm »

That's a very good question! It's the first time I see a FB with syndrome that actually does seemingly nothing. Being dust-type, it did send my dwarves flying everywhere, but to little effect due to me choosing a flat terrain. What makes me somewhat nervous is that now my military dwarves are coated in a thick layer of FB dust...

I decided to launch the assault after seeing that it used its attack a lot on everything that came near it, yet suffered little from it despite being fleshy.

It also gave me an "A" in my big skeleton collection.

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55727 on: January 11, 2021, 04:33:19 pm »

Any idea what prompted the fight?

The elf insinuated a tree cutting quota upon my fortress. I politely declined and then assassinated him soon after the disagreement. We don't take kindly to those suggestions. 

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55728 on: January 11, 2021, 05:27:10 pm »

It's DF dust. That's why it's deadly.

towerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Cloven Asunder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55729 on: January 11, 2021, 07:32:46 pm »

Joke aside, now I'm curious. Has anyone else ever seen such "deadliness-less deadly dust"?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55730 on: January 11, 2021, 07:38:39 pm »

Joke aside, now I'm curious. Has anyone else ever seen such "deadliness-less deadly dust"?
deadlinessless would be a toungue twister word

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55731 on: January 12, 2021, 02:14:04 am »

First real siege of the fort. And it only took 2 years. The dwarven (henceforth called traitors) invaders are part of a goblin civ nearby that I raided out of boredom. That, and I'm a sadist. I was training wild boars for my meat industry in the middle of this.  My fort guardians (pole/spearmasters) pretty much handled the entire thing. My countess was right in the middle of it and somehow came out without a scratch on her. And she didn't even come with an axe. The rest of her squad missed out on the action, as they were sleeping. Ingrates!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55732 on: January 12, 2021, 02:15:30 am »

Your countess must be a master dodger I’m guessing

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55733 on: January 12, 2021, 03:06:53 am »

Your countess must be a master dodger I’m guessing

Most of the invaders were targeting my guardians. She's a skilled dodger as well.

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55734 on: January 12, 2021, 08:02:23 am »

This is what is going on in my fort right now:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177879.0

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55735 on: January 12, 2021, 12:32:03 pm »

my 128 dwarves are getting complacent after 3 years 10 months with 5mil wealth created and yet to be attacked.... they're plotting to clear cut the woods to fight some elves
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 12:41:00 pm by ltprifti »

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55736 on: January 12, 2021, 04:47:25 pm »

What's going on in my fort? A lot actually. I built a thunder dome-type megaproject called the Dorferdome, to dispose of POWs.

Soon after it, a goblin siege came upon my fort. It's large for a fort of my size. My military held their ground good. 

We won to say the least.

vekar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55737 on: January 12, 2021, 08:35:28 pm »

Thobkubuk (Girderlance) has fallen, it took nearly ten years but the influx of brave (insane) migrants was not enough. Population hit 167 dwarves but two goblin sieges, one human siege (we did kinda start that one) and a werebeast attack... Too many dwarves were reduced to haggard husks that wandered the halls sobbing or screaming. Crime swept the fortress in never ending tidal waves, adults and even children were beaten over and over again. The hammerer lost his mind and hid in a guild hall whispering to himself while the captain of the guard went around beating out the teeth of children and adults alike. Many were grievously wounded and died in the hospital from his beatings, others went insane not long after and rampaged through the fortress. One lost his mind and slew a fellow dwarf in order to make a spiked dwarf spine scepter, he was beaten nearly to death, went insane, attacked a dwarf, was hacked down and forgotten. The crypt was so vast it took up a level all to itself and was packed with corpses, two dwarves committed suicide in the catacombs, another took their life in the food stockpile and no one moved them for over a year.

Close to the end things continued to spiral out of control, the final goblin siege came, was slaughtered... And the dwarves lost their collective minds. Total chaos again. Tantrum and civil war gripped the golden fortress once more as human thieves ran from the fort carrying artifacts but everyone was so busy slaying each other nothing could be done. FPS fell to 2 and stayed there, never going over. Of 167 dwarves? One third were still alive when I abandoned them to their fates. The slaughter was still ongoing as the overseer packed his bags and strolled from the fortress and off to the next disaster, but as he left... A necromancer snuck into the tavern and raised some 40 corpses as zombies as a nice, final touch. Anything still living in the tavern died instantly, FPS fell to 1 and tavern guests who were a little faster than others were shoving each other out of the way as they ran screaming for the main gate.

But... Twas locked. And I threw away the key.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55738 on: January 13, 2021, 10:03:10 am »

On the hillside, among the young trees and ferns, a stone slab stands, and on the slab, these words appear:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Bortness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55739 on: January 14, 2021, 08:58:16 am »

Thobkubuk (Girderlance) has fallen, it took nearly ten years ... (snip) ... Twas locked. And I threw away the key.

This was unusually epic.  Thanks for the story.
Pages: 1 ... 3714 3715 [3716] 3717 3718 ... 3836