Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3740 3741 [3742] 3743 3744 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5774747 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #56115 on: July 20, 2021, 01:05:40 pm »

Ah, I didn’t see the name, just the composition

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56116 on: July 21, 2021, 02:31:12 am »

What’s a cabachon?
It's a gem or stone that is shaped and polished, rather than faceted.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56117 on: July 21, 2021, 04:11:44 pm »

Currently, I'm experimenting with traps.

Today I learned dwarves load crossbow traps one bolt at a time.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56118 on: July 23, 2021, 11:50:26 am »

Reaching now the point where the absolute majority of the fort masters necromancy and... never again.

Had to take care of a couple ogres, nothing to sweat about, and it turned again into a gesture party.

Now I'm getting the picture of dwarf necromancers raising the dead by giving them the finger.

Or maybe, given the problems with necromancy, they're flipping me off.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56119 on: July 23, 2021, 02:51:42 pm »

Slightly concerned at the kinds of visitors that are turning up.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56120 on: July 23, 2021, 05:06:35 pm »

Giant animals, fell ones, necromancers, butchers, you’re gonna have an undead haven soon

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56121 on: July 23, 2021, 06:16:44 pm »

Our fort has been almost razed by goblins year after year. For some reason they often arrive at odd times of the year, and also every early Autumn. On one memorable occasion, the goblins arrived to siege us while the elves were packing up their market stalls in late spring. But they shall be a threat no more! The humans have caravanned in a lot of iron toys and anvils. We have melted them all down, hammered them into steel, and made armour and spears! The elves have provided excellent lightweight wooden shields. We have been training hard. We have laid traps of wooden elfmade cages around the entrance to winnow their numbers. When we kill the siege, the dwarven caravan will be able to come through for the first time in years! We will be able to buy new breeding pairs of dogs, for a start... It's going to be great!
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #56122 on: July 23, 2021, 06:18:20 pm »

You can do what loud whispers does and have a necromancer raise all your dead wildlife, then butcher them, for extra meat.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56123 on: July 23, 2021, 06:21:43 pm »

Good luck eating your undead meat, it’s been a while since I played DF, and I never encountered necromancers so only have a loose idea of how raising undead works. From these forums I have learned that many pieces of corpses can be raised post butchering

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56124 on: July 24, 2021, 04:14:09 am »

Giant animals, fell ones, necromancers, butchers, you’re gonna have an undead haven soon

I should not have a library that allows visitors, if I want to avoid books about necromancy, right ?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56125 on: July 24, 2021, 10:32:36 pm »

In the spring of 125, The Knives of Entanglement, hailing from The Rampart of Racing, arrived at a spot in The Jungle of Exiting in The Belted Continents, and here they decided to found a fortress.

The name of the place, they decided, would be "Kingdomsworks".

Strike the earth!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56126 on: July 25, 2021, 02:16:51 am »

Snang Omrabem, "Snang Shinjackal", was a goblin crossbowwoman, and lady consort of the Torment of Suffering, a goblin civilisation.

She was present in the latest goblin attack on my fortress.

looking up legends...

Snang was a dancer by profession, in the dark pits of Malicetold, before meeting and marrying the legendary goblin cook and tavern keeper Ngokang Listeneddemon, who ran The Spidery Lunches at the dark fortress of Gutswicked in 473.
They moved to Malicetold together later in the year, and lived together for a time until in 479 Ngokang was murdered by the bone setter Damsto Hatelanguage.
Snang later married and four years later divorced the farmer/preacher Usbu Growledevil, a goblin preacher who has wandered through many sites, marrying then divorcing whichever goblin woman becomes enamoured by him.
Five years after her divorce, in 492, Snang fought in The Onslaught Of Teeth, against a nearby dwarven hillock called Hammerrims.
Then, in 500, Snang married the lord of Malicetold. A goblin by the name of... Damsto Hatelanguage...

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #56127 on: July 25, 2021, 09:05:09 am »

Quite the goblin soap opera going on there.  To marry her first husband's murderer... Did she secretly despise her 1st the whole time?  Did she hatch the plot to have him murdered?

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56128 on: July 25, 2021, 11:41:45 am »

a visiting human musician turned into a wereantelope in the tavern. But she was non hostile, and turned back without incident.

Someone stole her clothes though.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56129 on: July 25, 2021, 12:09:54 pm »

Currently 5 forgotten beasts wandering the first cavern layer. Unusually, the cavern's structure prevents them from pathing into any of the 4 access doors because they aren't flyers... 2 giant sheep, 2 giant toads, 1 serpent.
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.
Pages: 1 ... 3740 3741 [3742] 3743 3744 ... 3835