Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3762 3763 [3764] 3765 3766 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788849 times)

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #56445 on: November 27, 2021, 04:46:09 am »

A few years back, when king Kumil the 39th arrived in Gravearmor, the King's Guard was formed: Five stalwart dwarfs of reasonable abilities. 
The King's Guard was declared to be perpetually composed of only 5 dwarves, one wielding each of the 5 Dwarven weapons of choice.

For a moment, consider Deduk, a calm killer with an active sense of humor that is sometimes cruel. Note the notable kills with his sword.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56446 on: November 27, 2021, 08:04:42 am »

Passing the years on my generational fort
I actually have a large population for passing years: Around 100

I had to allow unrestricted breeding for years to ensure that I'd also have a solid population of humans as well as dwarves

Their city is finished, but I plan to have every generation accomplish one great work

Before this one dies I wanted to finish an artificial cavern layer, but I've got some years left before people start dying from old age

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56447 on: November 27, 2021, 11:27:53 pm »

Poor dwarf

A single dad who grew up without siblings
His only son was therefore the last of his family's bloodline

and so when a werepanda scaled the walls and pounced upon his son he charged to rescue his only family in this world.
Before he could get there his son died.
The beast proceeded to break the father's leg and then shatter his wrist completely then tear his whole hand off.

Then the beast proceeds to strangle him for page after page until my militia arrives and handily ends the beast.

Now I have a dwarf who has lost everything in his life after watching his own son die.
In a matter of weeks he will become an abomination dangerous to all other life

Well, time to set him loose on the world! Good luck Dastot!

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56448 on: November 28, 2021, 01:13:06 pm »

Poor dwarf

A single dad who grew up without siblings
His only son was therefore the last of his family's bloodline
[...]

Well, time to set him loose on the world! Good luck Dastot!

Even dwarven women can procreate till death, as long as he wasn't gelded he should be able to make more children. Not all hope is lost.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56449 on: November 28, 2021, 03:14:40 pm »

Made too many gold bars and a giantess attacked.

I evacuated everyone inside and walled my doors off before she got to me.

Then a small party of migrants arrived. No survivors.

Since this is my first time dealing with a giant, so I read through the wiki and found out that they could be stunned or such.

I took all my citizens and armed them with anything I could find. Then I had then swarm and kill the giant. It took 5 seconds. She never stood a chance.

Though I did have a ton of iron armor and weapons lying around for things like this, which definitely made things much easier.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #56450 on: November 28, 2021, 03:22:04 pm »

I took all my citizens and armed them with anything I could find. Then I had then swarm and kill the giant. It took 5 seconds. She never stood a chance.

That's 1 reason why weapons make great trade goods.  A swarm of dwarves with even copper weapons can be quite lethal despite poor training. 

In my fort, the goblin sieges have been fairly small for some reason.  About evenly matched with the number of sword masters, so it's always 1 sided in my favor.

Also, the Dwarven caravan just brought about 192 bins of leather & cloth to trade.  New clothes for everybody!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56451 on: November 28, 2021, 04:46:24 pm »

On the side note, I think there are Brown Recluse Spider man in the region I am in. I had this observation because I just noticed that almost all silk cloth I have are Brown Recluse Spider man silk and not just normal recluse silk. I was just reading the first part of their names and assuming the rest all along.

I am prety sure their renewability is close to zero, so I forbade them. Wish I didn't sold some of them to the traders. I'll maybe use them in something in the future. But in my eyes they are way too exotic to carelessly spend.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56452 on: November 28, 2021, 08:03:21 pm »

About 15 fort-years ago an unhappy dwarf was sent on a mission to demand tribute from a goblin pit. The dwarf was captured and nothing has been done about it.  Since there are so many squads being used, and that dwarf was squad #27, which has been showing as empty for many years, it was decided to re-use the squad and the Queen was assigned as the new squad leader.  Upon trying to add other members to the squad, it was discovered to be impossible.  Also, the queen could not be removed because it said she (the squad leader) was travelling.  I'm thinking she's going on that same, ancient mission, but the "c" screen doesn't support that conclusion.  I guess I'm a bit puzzled. 
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56453 on: November 28, 2021, 10:10:39 pm »

Now it's even worse... the Queen was also the bookkeeper, she's gone (traveling) and the bookkeeping position is locked so she can't be replaced.  This is all a lesson learned for me!

Anyhow, we've got 297 citizens, of which 12 are humans.  And the Queen had 2 children before she left.  Who knows, maybe she will succeed and tribute will be given.

carnivorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56454 on: November 29, 2021, 12:14:33 pm »

the elves continue to bring only males of useful animals..... i've been buying up the expensive instrument bits as well as every non-vermin animal they bring in the hopes they'll bring me a mate for the giant tiger they brought before it expires of old age, but no luck so far, and this year they were frightened away by the parakeet people who've taken up residence at random points in the sky and refuse to budge (refuse to budgie? :P). they also brought some particularly interesting instrument strings made of "screaming mouths" - can't help imagining an instrument made from them sounding like an old doom clone, audio compression and all.
working on flooring over all the ponds because caravans keep going through them and scuttling. ran out of clear glass blocks in the process, so i'm using the chance to train up a couple more glassmakers. no such thing as too many glassmakers imo

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56455 on: November 29, 2021, 12:37:11 pm »

A cyclops attacked. Twenty iron-clad dwarves instantly annihilated him. It took half a second. His skeletonised corpse is now standing right next to the giantess'.

I have also made a golden statue garden. All statues are made of pure gold. 36 of em. Coolio.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Troll_Kaiser177

• Bay Watcher
  • [BENIGN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56456 on: December 04, 2021, 05:21:34 am »

Suddenly had a random miner fall into a strange mood. Completely ignored it, he'll just do his thing, I think to myself. 2 minutes later I get the notification he's become king, and what legendary artifact did he choose to make to celebrate the occasion as he came out of the strange mood? An Olivine grate. Beautiful. Truly an artifact to hold in our hallowed halls until Armok comes.
S̸͔̃ ̵̻̔L̸̦̅ ̵̨̊Д̵̮̽ ̵͘ͅV̶̬͛ ̵͕͠Ӟ̸̣́ ̶͚̕ ̴͉͝ T ̴͕̋Ӧ̵̻́ ̵̨̋ ̶̭̂ ̷̧͌Д̵̓ͅ ̶̦̒Я̶̝̾ ̵̄͜М̷̜̉ ̴̮̋О̶͓̒ ̶̝͗К̶̼͐

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56457 on: December 04, 2021, 01:04:56 pm »

A Grate! That's great!

Put it in the throne room. He'll be too busy admiring his own handiwork to order important dwarves imprisoned.

Paralyzoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56458 on: December 04, 2021, 09:53:43 pm »

Last year, the human high treasurer came to my fort and we negotiated out a trade agreement. I like above ground crops for their variety, so I bumped all their crops and seeds up a notch.

This year, the human caravan comes bearing thousands of seeds, pushing my fort over the seed cap and deleting my planted fields immediately.
He felt aroused after seeing the goblin Ramkal Drunkensiege's dead body.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #56459 on: December 09, 2021, 05:40:00 am »

Last year, the human high treasurer came to my fort and we negotiated out a trade agreement. I like above ground crops for their variety, so I bumped all their crops and seeds up a notch.

This year, the human caravan comes bearing thousands of seeds, pushing my fort over the seed cap and deleting my planted fields immediately.

Should probably report that on the bug tracker.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 3762 3763 [3764] 3765 3766 ... 3835