Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3790 3791 [3792] 3793 3794 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788026 times)

Ketsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #56865 on: November 04, 2022, 07:03:17 am »

delete
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 02:00:23 pm by Ketsa »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #56866 on: November 05, 2022, 06:26:39 pm »

I just got deleted too. I looked away from the game for a second, looked back and "your settlement has crumbled to its end" The only thing about it in gamelog is;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No idea what happened, but i assume its somehow my fault...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

☼Obsidian Short Sword☼

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA: Obsidian Sword
    • View Profile
« Reply #56867 on: November 05, 2022, 08:06:16 pm »

Did you embark in an area where it rained goo?
Still an active reader of the forums.

The 10,000 Dwarf Challenge

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #56868 on: November 06, 2022, 01:13:31 am »

Nope, no goo rain. I reclaimed and havent had a problem since. No idea what happened.

[edit]

It happened again, I figured it out and fixed it. Made a typo on a target line of a CDI, limiting a target that didnt exist in the interaction. So it was allowed to go buck wild and target every creature on the map instead of a single target in line of sight.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 02:53:08 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes dwarfs for their stupidity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56869 on: November 07, 2022, 12:12:31 pm »

Having snugged a thriving Fortress into a Volcano, We have decided to try Our Hand at a Magma-based Trap.  When complete, it will be a Volcano-fed Set of Magmafalls lining Corridors which Invaders will have to path through.  The Hope is that the Volcano will be able to feed the Falls consistently enough that the resulting Mist will set all those pathing through on Fire.

It will of course be Hatch-controlled, with Flood Control Measures installed prior to Magmafall Testing, but you never can be sure with Magma.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #56870 on: November 07, 2022, 06:09:39 pm »

I just had an ettin show up carrying a slab that "contains the secrets of life and death", which it promptly used to beat one of my miners to death.

The world I generated is pretty mad: almost all traces of civilization have been erased. There's two dwarven settlements with <40 pop combined, a human fort and two human pits all <10 and a single goblin fort with a pop of 100. Elves seem to be completely gone, spare for the king of my civ and another noble. The rest is all ruins, spare for a load of necromancer towers (even though most of those are also ruins without civilized pops). I knew necromancers and undead sieges were gonna be my enemy but I sure as hell did not expect an ettin to just barge in with a necromancer slab. This is gonna be a great one.

EDIT: oh my. just looking at the corpse. The ettin was carrying three artifact weapons, a silver mace, silver battle axe, bismuth bronze hammer, as well as an artifact bronze cap, an artifact spiked copper ball, an artifact large dingo bone helm and an artifact gabbro mug. Loot get
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 06:14:43 pm by Lord_lemonpie »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #56871 on: November 07, 2022, 06:15:56 pm »

Semimegabeasts come with loot crates

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56872 on: November 10, 2022, 12:53:25 am »

Semimegabeasts come with loot crates

I just put “Semi-megabeast with loot crates” into Wambo, and these are a couple of the things it spat out:

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56873 on: November 10, 2022, 04:37:19 am »

I playing DF again after a 5 year pause, and I’m so happy to be back. I had forgotten the warm feeling it gives, to watch who these dwarves LIVE like in no other game.  :D
My fort is about 5 years in and going well. My last micro-project was just a quantum refuse stockpile, where the refuse is first getting dropped on a hatch, and when the minecart is returned it trigger a pressure plate that temporarily opens the hatch to drop it down to the recycle plant where bones, teeth, ect are sorted out and stored.
Next step is building a full tavern.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56874 on: November 10, 2022, 09:50:51 am »

I playing DF again after a 5 year pause, and I’m so happy to be back. I had forgotten the warm feeling it gives, to watch who these dwarves LIVE like in no other game.  :D
It's kinda like being a pet owner, or watching an ant farm. Except you can kinda control them.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56875 on: November 10, 2022, 06:37:09 pm »

On a whim, I decided to embark in a desert, and I think for the first time I might actually have made a fort I want to play long term

I embarked with my typical setup of four anvils, some picks, some pigs, seeds, minimal drinks and plants, and no skills

The fortress is based on the three dwarven staple crops of purple shrooms, wheat, and sugar pods, we also brought pig tails for hospital thread, bags, and clothes of course

No quarry bushes, instead I get my soap and food from the pigs, and they also provide leather, although I don't really use that for anything but it's nice in case of a mood

After digging down to the caverns and magma, I found out that I have iron, copper, silver, lead, and platinum, so that's pretty sweet

I have tons of marble, of course coal for pig iron will be rare until my cavern tree farm gets going (I've only just finished flooding it)

This fort is only 2 years old, so not a whole lot interesting has happened so far, just your usual stream of adventurers fighting trolls and troggs in the cavern. I have a military set up, training, and basically fully equipped, they've killed some wild animals and monsters here and there, but no real engagements of note

I wish there was stuff actually worth trading for so I'd something to use all this platinum for

☼Obsidian Short Sword☼

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA: Obsidian Sword
    • View Profile
« Reply #56876 on: November 10, 2022, 09:41:10 pm »

I wish there was stuff actually worth trading for so I'd something to use all this platinum for

You could fill a locked room full of it, And then unlock the door when one of your metal-smiths is in a Mood.
Still an active reader of the forums.

The 10,000 Dwarf Challenge

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #56877 on: November 10, 2022, 10:54:37 pm »

You could make minecarts out of it and use them in a trap to run over invaders.
I make Spellcrafts!

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #56878 on: November 10, 2022, 11:17:22 pm »

Prepared meals are worth more than platinum, so I wouldn't waste it on the caravans even if they had something really valuable.  Far better is to forge it all into crutches, because injured dwarves do wield their crutches as weapons, and the heavier those crutches are, the more damage they do when used to bludgeon the enemy.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56879 on: November 11, 2022, 04:43:02 pm »

Turn it all into doors, cabinets, chests, etc. and have the most blinged out fortress imaginable.
Pages: 1 ... 3790 3791 [3792] 3793 3794 ... 3835