Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round Fifteen: More NationGen [Game Ended]  (Read 26900 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, those pie graphs are not really readable. I kind of want to lean toward the early age, for the slightly lower proportion of humans to other things, but then again I do like having indy scouts...

If you're putting out an update in a couple days, then I'd say keep sign-ups open until then, and then generate up a nation batch that we can sift through.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Slightly more readable graphs: http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r734/Image_buffer/NG_zps2gojfadr.png~original

And technically, I could put out the fix-em-up-date right now; waiting a couple of days will on the plus side give me a chance to get/fix a few more bug reports, but on the minus side will tempt me to muuch - erm, muck - about with new content. But yeah, for the moment we can troll a bit longer for players...

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Slightly more readable graphs: http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r734/Image_buffer/NG_zps2gojfadr.png~original

The image quality was fine. What I meant was, there are so many colors and most change by only a few percentage points that its difficult to parse any real information from the charts. :/

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just popping in to reaffirm that I'll be skipping this one.

Enjoy yourselves, and if one of you could avenge Agor that'd be grand.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

EA definitely produces more non-human nations, but it seems like MA produces a more even distribution overall (but with more humans). I'd be fine with either, leaning slightly towards MA.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'd say that going with MA is probably our best plan. If we generate 100 nations to pick from like last time, then we should get a nice distribution of different races to choose from. Also indie scouts, which are just as important.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

MA here too. It's got the most Hoburgs!

By the way, can we agree on one house rule before we start? No assassins with skull talismans?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I personally don't have a problem with that; they're way too effective for how inexpensive and low-research they are. Plus, banning them would mean that I don't "have" to have death and national assassins, so I'd have more freedom in nation selection. :p

Another point in favor of MA which may or may not be significant at the end of the week-ish is that canonically, MA is the era with the most muuch... *ominous music*

(Have I mentioned how little damned restraint and focus I have when it comes to NG?)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I reading this right, E.Albright? NG is actually your brainchild? Or have you taken over development from somebody else?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's the brainchild of a certain Elmokki, but I'm involved collaboratively. I've been contributing content since last summer, and out-and-out pushing updates since last September (the 0.5.0.xxE branch). I've mostly done graphics and data updates (Amazons, Sobek, Icthyid, Cavemen, Avvim, Margoni humans, Vaettir, Avvim, and Humanbreds in toto, but everything outside of Sidhe that's been added since 0.5.0 has been my fault), with only a little bit of coding, but Elmokki has found themself with more free time from their studies as of this week, so they're stepping back in more actively ATM. I'll still continue muddling along as well, though.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:11:27 pm by E. Albright »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A'ight, so, it looks like we have 7 definites. And I've finished everything but mage definitions on muuch. So there should be a patch tonight or tomorrow, then we can start drafting.

We'll go with the players we have, but we still have room for a few more. So, peanut gallery, speak up in the next 24h or so if you want in...

[And to my fellow players, give some thought to map suggestions in the 7-9 player range, if you please...]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:05:53 pm by E. Albright »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steamlands, Realm of Rampaging Roaches, and Big Black Peaks are all about in the right range, depending on the presence of uw nations.

And of course there's always Peliwyr. :P

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I was thinking Big Black Peaks as well.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The current NG has no UW nations, only amphibious ones. So while Agarthans and various breeds of Atlantians might appreciate more or less water, we don't technically need any particular amount regardless of nation composition. Though likewise, Agarthans, zotz, and some Atlantians and Abysians would appreciate caves as well.

Also, ugh, I really don't wanna do Peliwyr. Do not want, do not like. If popular opinion is dead-set on it we can do it, but...

If we're looking to do the scanter edge of province-per-player ratios, does anyone have thoughts on Biddyn or Atha Avin? 81+10 and 81+9, respectively...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:57:40 pm by E. Albright »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18