Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Raids/Seiges (Latest Version)  (Read 2574 times)

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No Raids/Seiges (Latest Version)
« on: May 24, 2015, 05:17:28 pm »

Does Masterwork decrease Raids/Seiges frequency or raise the requirements to get one? I am in a world with hostile Goblins, Orcs, Koblods and succubi and have had many snatchers but no outright attacks.

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
Re: No Raids/Seiges (Latest Version)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 12:30:22 am »

The v34 raids and sieges were just scripted events - if certain requirements were met, like exported wealth or items stolen by thieves, etc, they would trigger and *BLAM* invaders straight at your doorstep. The v40 sieges are a whole different story - we have actual moving armies, so if your civ is isolated/far away, you won't be seeing any action for a long time. Nothing we can do about it, sorry.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 12:38:17 am »

Except adding more invaders  8)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 01:14:02 am »

It's a known problem for everyone, not only masterwork. Now you need an enemy civ to know your location, then be at war, then have enough people in one place to make a siege force, then decide to send the army to your site, and not another civ's site. And usually your fort is not as important then, let's say, the mountainhome or a town.

Adding fortress defense races should help but it's still under the whims of the rng.

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 01:59:56 am »

Do i need to make a new world when i enable any of the fortress defense races? I have Stranglers, Beak Wolves, Frogmen and Foul Blendecs but none are attacking.

I can't change most of the world creator settings without crashes and have only got Garden of Gaea to run.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 07:33:50 am »

Yes you must gen a new world after changing these settings.

jomen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 06:04:23 am »

Can we see what is outside the fort ? A map or something which tells you where are people moving outside like the "Q" in adventure ?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 09:38:45 pm »

Can we see what is outside the fort ? A map or something which tells you where are people moving outside like the "Q" in adventure ?
I don't believe there is any form of 'real time' tracking.  However, what you can do is load up Legends Viewer every ingame year or so and see any major battles, trading routes, etc.  That is likely to give you the best idea of what the world is up to outside your Fortress.