Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Overcharge?

Yes, mages should be able to spend 2 mana to increase their spell's Zap roll by 1.
Yes, mages should be able to spend 3 mana to increase their spell's Zap roll by 1.
Yes, mages should be able to spend 3 mana to increase their spell's Zap roll by 1, but doing this provokes a Luck roll: on a roll of 2 or less, the spell loses one Awk.
No, this is a very bad idea.
No, this is a somewhat bad idea, I have my own ideas. (Post in thread).

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32

Author Topic: Wizard's Tourney: Round 1-(match 4, match 5)-(turn 10, turn 4)-- (9/12) Players  (Read 24225 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Yeah. I've got two other games running at the moment, but this shouldn't be too much work- it's comparable to a minimalist in the number of rolls required.

Remind me about this later when Murphy wrecks my plans.

Anyway... 8 players, two person matches. Last one left is the winner. Pretty simple.

So...

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)
The more important bit is the
Spoiler: Statsheet (click to show/hide)

I'm going to take a hint from the Drunk Wizards game I read earlier for my mana system, and magic and whatnot.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
Of course, this means you also need a

Spoiler: Spell Sheet (click to show/hide)

Does anything else need explaining? In other words, do you have any questions?
Also, arenas:

Spoiler: Like so: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:26:35 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard's Tourney
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 12:29:16 pm »

Spoiler: Azer (click to show/hide)

Should I add explanations for spells?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 01:32:37 pm »

That's the fun of it. People don't get to add explanations- I interpret the spells depending on zappidy and awkwardness and the words within.

Lightning bolt, cause hallucinations, and pyro globe are quite straightforward- but there are no targeting words in any of them, which could result in fun with low awkwardness- oh, did you mean to blast yourself with lightning? Of course, saying Targeted Lightning Bolt would make that easier- of course, there's nothing saying it won't blast you and whoever you're targeting... and so on and so forth.

In short, Awkwardness is a bit more important than Zappidy for that reason- a weak lightning bolt where you wanted it is better than a strong black fiery lightning bolt on your head.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 01:35:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was about to write "confuse mind" then i read your new post, and i realized that would be stupid.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 01:36:26 pm »

What if somone goes all merlin's revenge and uses variations of "Summon gun" for all the spells?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 01:39:31 pm »

... there's no reason the guns have ammo, and they very well might be made of cheese, or I might just send them to the opponent... or perhaps the guns bring their owners along.

There's lots of options for wrecking people.

Might as well cover the character choosing mechanics: this will not be first come first serve, but it won't be quality based.

I assume a lot of people will sign up for this, so once I have 12 character sheets, maybe less, maybe more, I'll use Random.org and randomly select which character sheets will get in.
Generic Arms Race.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 01:45:49 pm »

I'll use Random.org and randomly select which character sheets will get in.

The spirit of RTD is strong with this one.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 01:48:44 pm »

I assume this will be a relatively quick game... on the other hand, my current magic system is so freeform that "Cause Time to Slow Down" is actually a spell option... fortunately spells of that power level are much more expensive for mana and I will feel a lot more justified causing nasty side effects on a 1 for Awkwardness.

Also, I'm making a poll for how stats should effect players. (affect?)
Generic Arms Race.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 02:00:14 pm »

Maybe you roll a 1d6, and if for example i need strenght:
If i have 0 strenght i get -2 to damage
if i have 1 strenght i get -1 to damage
If i have 2 bla bla bla

Oh, didnt see the huge-ass votation thing above.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:04:40 pm by conein »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 02:05:32 pm »

Also, I'm making a poll for how stats should effect players. (affect?)

Affect is the verb.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 03:45:03 pm »

Thank you. I have been affected by Whisperling's grammar knowledge.

Edit: to gather attention for charsheets and have a small bit of fun in the meantime Conein and Azer will face off in a sample round that will have no affect (effect?) on the actual First Tourney.

Fade... fade...

Here you are today in the Arena, a circular disk of black metal floating in the sky. There is a crate full of beer bottles in the middle. Ahem.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:50:00 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 03:58:11 pm »

Lightning bolt to Coneins face.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 04:02:28 pm »

Cast magic shield. If i dont die from that lightning, magit dart at Azer!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 04:30:39 pm »

Sample Turn One: Mundane Magic

INIT:

Azer(6+3=9)
Conein(1+2=3)

((I'm using the init change per turn system))

Azer fires off Lightning Bolt!

(1+2=3)
(5+1=6)

The bolt is smaller than it could have been, but it rocketed towards Conein's face exactly as Azer wanted it to.

(6vs.3+2)

Conein leaned slightly to the side. That wasn't enough. The bolt blasted past Conein's skull. As in nicked it.

(5vs.6+1)

It didn't much hurt him though. Some tingles, sure, but not as much as it very well could have been... itchy brain dangit.

Conein proceeded to counter with a magic shield to make sure that wouldn't happen again.

(3+1=4)
(4+2=6)

A powerful arcane shield formed around Conein, protecting him from further harm. It was very well made, although it could have been more powerful.

Conein proceeded to fire Magic Arrow at Azer, regardless of the multiple spell per turn penalty.

(6+1-1=6)
(1+2-1=2)

Something splattered. Looking down, Conein saw that there was an arrow of paint on the ground pointing in Azer's direction.

Spoiler: Azer: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Conein: (click to show/hide)

Random Event Roll: (1=bad things, 6= good things, anything else = no things) (4) Nothing odd happens.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 04:50:36 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2015, 04:35:39 pm »

And what is this init thing? Do i need to post another action?

(also >mfw my first roll is a 1)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 04:39:45 pm by conein »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32