Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Overcharge?

Yes, mages should be able to spend 2 mana to increase their spell's Zap roll by 1.
Yes, mages should be able to spend 3 mana to increase their spell's Zap roll by 1.
Yes, mages should be able to spend 3 mana to increase their spell's Zap roll by 1, but doing this provokes a Luck roll: on a roll of 2 or less, the spell loses one Awk.
No, this is a very bad idea.
No, this is a somewhat bad idea, I have my own ideas. (Post in thread).

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: Wizard's Tourney: Round 1-(match 4, match 5)-(turn 10, turn 4)-- (9/12) Players  (Read 24209 times)

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mageec shield. Grab a bottle.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Turn One: Could Have Been Better

INIT:
Ejiro(6-10=-4 okay that is bad init)
Conein(15+10=25)

Conein notices his opponent seems to be deep in mediation, only now coming out of it. He takes his time casting his magic shield.
Zap(2+1=3)
Awk(6+2=8)
Although weak, the shield formed, and Conein instinctively knew it would last a while. (weak magic shield, +1 to resist kinetic(projectile, punch, explosion) damage. Next 3 turns.)

Ejiro came out of his trance slowly, in time to watch Conein grab a bottle off the ground. Conein Luck(2) Conein didn't look too happy about it, though. (near empty, consume to gain 2 mana).

Ejiro grabbed one for himself as well. Ejiro Luck(1)... yet Ejiro had worse luck. His bottle was empty. Aside from the poisonous looking purple liquor at the very bottom of the bottle.

Then was magic cast.
Zap(6+5=11) ((True story: Upon seeing the roll of 6, I wasn't too surprised. I went back a few pages to look up your Zappidity modifier. Then I smashed my palms into my cheeks in classic Fallacy shock.))
Awk(4)
Ejiro tapped into reality itself to work his magic, projecting a downright massive field across what was nearly half the arena, definitely covering Conein. Although not well controlled, Ejiro hoped that it would work out in his favor.
Ejiro Luck(2) But of course, the magic was near useless. Ejiro detected a buzzing from the field. A buzzing that made it difficult to focus on magic. (-2 to Awk while within the field). No physical harm whatsoever. Well, with that power, the field was going to last a while at least. (next 5 turns, half the arena covered in Awk-draining magic).

Random Event(1) The floor vibrates and bounces with the feel of a rhythm. So much for dodging. (-2 to dodge attacks next turn)

Spoiler: Ejiro (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Conein (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whatever Else I need: (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charge at Ejiro and smash my bottle, smash it in his head!
And then confuse his mind if i have time.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn Fifteen: Improbable Dodging Skills

INIT:
Avery(33+10=43)
Person(47+10=57)
Weremouse(16)
(At this point I'm starting to believe that npcs don't get good init from random.org as a matter of principle.)

Person points at Avery. Oh crud.
Zap(4+2=6)
Awk(6)

A somewhat normally sized giant laser appears in front of Person and streaks with deadly accuracy(+1 to hit) towards Avery.

(2+1=3vs. 6+1-1=6) And it misses by a long way. Avery Luck(1) aw, dang. The beam went into the ceiling, dislodging a large quantity of stone heading straight for him.
(2vs.6+1-1=6) Avery's acrobatics awesomely awaken again, absurdly allowing yet another dodge, this one somehow leaping over the forgotten beast corpse and to the other side of it. How insane.

Avery directs his magic might towards the corpse in an attempt to remove the obstruction.

Zap(3+3=6)
Awk(2)
Luck(1)

A large number of fireballs erupt from Avery's hands, swirling around in beautiful patterns- then curving back towards him.

(3vs.5+1-1=5) Avery bends his body around a little bit. The fireballs miss horrendously, Luck(6) somehow launching themselves at (beast) the forgotten beast. (the other option was Person). (6vs.2+2=4) Well, the corpse is now semi-melted. A few cuts could probably butcher it and clear the path out of the room.

The weremouse continues attacking Person(perhaps he should throw it back at Avery?).
(1vs. 2+1=3) Person has to work a little to dodge. Note "a little".

Random Event(2) wadayaknow.

Spoiler: Avery (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
((Note: yes, Avery dodged a giant laser, then a mass of falling rocks caused by the giant laser, then his own attack, which somehow hit the very beast corpse he was trying to destroy in the first place.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Avery shall use the glass shards to cut through the beast, he shall the run through the door, attempting to make it to the alcohol storage, and keeping an eye out for elephants.
(( like I said, level up!))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I don't even. At this point I'm considering offering you a special perk if you win your match, just because of that awesome.))
Generic Arms Race.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Can the perk be Decided to be a badass at last second, surprisingly, it worked or something to that effect?))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Something to that effect. Perhaps "Crowning Moment of Awesome", which lets you mandate a 6 on your luck roll once per match, and reroll all ones rolled during that turn. That would sound somewhat fair. If you win, and pull off at least one more Awesome Moment.))
Generic Arms Race.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The thing at the place
« Reply #338 on: July 27, 2015, 10:37:34 pm »

((Here to hoping I get all sixes one turn!))

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile

Mages should be able to get a minus -2 to awk so they can have a +1 to zap, or take a -2 to zap and get +1 to awk. Maybe multiple times.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I can't even complain, and you're my enemy. That was pretty awesome.)

Kill the mouse with my sword. It has long overstayed its welcome.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile

Throw bottle @Conein, get new full bottle. Laugh. RMGAE again!
((If unable to do all of that in one turn, drop the bottle part.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn Two: Incompetence

INIT:
Ejiro(22-10=12)
Conein(38+10=48)

Conein is the first to act, again. Noting that he's covered in an anti-Awk field, he charges into a melee attack.
(5vs.4-1-2=1) (3-1=2vs.2+2=4) Conein swings his bottle, smashing it on Ejiro's shoulder. Ejiro didn't even feel it.

Conein maneuvered to behind Ejiro, following up on his attack(but with a malus to cast as a result of multiple actions(-1)).

Zap(1+1-1=1)
Awk(1+2-1=2)

Absolutely nothing happened(beyond mana loss). Conein has the strange feeling of being mocked by some extradimensional being.

Ejiro lobs his bottle at Conein. (2vs.3+1-2=2) It promptly bounced off Conein's chest. Must be that shield thing in the way. Ejiro Luck(1)
Ejiro picks up some glass shards on the floor- probably from the bottle that got bashed against his shoulder.

Then comes magic.

Zap(2+5-1=6)
Awk(1-1=0)

Ejiro has a sinking feeling as he realized that he somehow managed to anchor a very small but potent negative effect zone to surround his own body.

Ejiro Luck(4) That could have been much, much worse- but for the moment the floor underneath Ejiro's feet is quite, quite slippery. (-2 to dodge cause slipperiness, next two turns).

Random Event(5) nope.

Spoiler: Ejiro (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Conein (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whatever Else I need: (click to show/hide)

Generic Arms Race.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"This sucks."
Try to cast a magic bolt on him, then grab a bottle and smash it in his head

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile

Shankety Shank. Get another bottle. If it has safe alcohol, chug.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32