Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 147839 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #525 on: September 18, 2016, 03:52:03 pm »

Yeah, the tame speeds are all balanced for something like ten-man tribes with members around the globe.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 18, 2016, 05:25:04 pm »

Not really sure I am liking the scorched earth map. Seems all kinds of iffy for the most part. Also, what the hell is with this game and taming speeds? Holy hell. I should probably move off a official server to be honest. Only issue I have is limited internet bandwidth and I don't want to chew through it downloading a fuckton of mods to be able to play on the unofficials.

We're running tame speeds at x10, and only have one tiny little mod running, if you're interested. The server is practically brand new, so while there aren't more than a half dozen players yet, you'd have your pick of the prime real estate. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 18, 2016, 05:34:05 pm »

Ping: 706ms

I'd love to hang out myself, but with the network problems I have, it may not happen.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 18, 2016, 05:38:26 pm »

Ping: 706ms

I'd love to hang out myself, but with the network problems I have, it may not happen.
Sounds like your actual Ping is 100 or so. Butosus is shy and tries to scare people away by faking her Ping.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 18, 2016, 05:40:53 pm »

No, it is very possible that my ping is that bad, I get irregular disconnects, random spikes, and all kinds of issues here.

I'm willing to give it a shot, but d'con and lagout are almost certain.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 18, 2016, 05:46:22 pm »

Disconnects are the leading cause of death in Ark.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 18, 2016, 05:51:56 pm »

Not really sure I am liking the scorched earth map. Seems all kinds of iffy for the most part. Also, what the hell is with this game and taming speeds? Holy hell. I should probably move off a official server to be honest. Only issue I have is limited internet bandwidth and I don't want to chew through it downloading a fuckton of mods to be able to play on the unofficials.

We're running tame speeds at x10, and only have one tiny little mod running, if you're interested. The server is practically brand new, so while there aren't more than a half dozen players yet, you'd have your pick of the prime real estate. :P

Mmn. Will I still be able to transfer between servers? You know to visit the different maps and such?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 18, 2016, 06:10:28 pm »

Are people all just on the other side of the world from me? Nobody's ever on when I am, and all I've found are thatch houses plus one adobe shack. T.T

3. Run Resize Enable

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 18, 2016, 07:00:11 pm »

Mmn. Will I still be able to transfer between servers? You know to visit the different maps and such?

It... shouldn't be a problem. Unless I'm mistaken, survivor transfer is enabled. If that isn't the case, I'll rectify it, since what with the x10 exp, we're not really concerned with overleveled characters. Dinos, however, can't be moved ONTO Scorched Earth (you can take SE dinos back to the Isle or the Center, of course.)

All said, we're planning on getting some events (from PvP to PvE competitions, to racing and parkour, versus and co-op) where you'll have a chance to win dinos normally not available on the SE map. Nothing unbalanced, but epic feats deserve epic rewards. ;)

Are people all just on the other side of the world from me? Nobody's ever on when I am, and all I've found are thatch houses plus one adobe shack. T.T

Dunno! We're up north now, in the process of building our "base camp," before we move onto something really ambitious. We don't have many players yet, but from experience, once we get about 10 or so active players, it'll start to snowball. For my part, I've started a Steam group for the server, and will be paying the forums and official servers a visit on a daily basis to try and get some fresh blood in here.

A note on ping- Exerosp is right. We've had players in the U.S., China, and Sweden log on and experience <200 ping. Who knows, give it a try.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 07:08:33 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 18, 2016, 09:22:33 pm »

Ah, toss a group invite my way. I'm well aware of the snowball threshold for games like this, which is why I was getting worried about not seeing anyone one.  :P

That'd probably explain why I haven't seen you guys around though, I haven't bothered much with the N/W since I can get all resources elsewhere and don't intend to try to hatch a wyvern solo even with 10x T/I, since that's still hours and hours to maturity and god damn I can't spend that long babying it, never mind how much of a pain it is to get the milk solo.

Not super-eager to tribe up, either, even on a friendly server like this, 'cause of how the tribe system is practically designed to fuck people over even if it's not intentional. Not at all like when I pulled a job like that on my group on a Rust modded server, had to fucking clear like thirty cupboards and build turret kill-rooms all around their TP spots. In ARK you can accidentally remove everyones' access to their buildings and dinos. >.>

Deffo consider having Wyverns as one of those dino rewards since they're beyond what a solo player can manage even with modded rates. Even Rock Elementals can be solo'd reliably once you've got a fat stack of RPG ammo and an hour or so to spare.

3. Run Resize Enable

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 18, 2016, 09:42:41 pm »

Mm. Where are the transfer points located? In that case I don't mind popping over. Not that my character is very high leveled. I just don't want to bother making a new one.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 18, 2016, 11:20:57 pm »

The bases of the obelisks. Just make sure to go naked, you'll lose anything you're carrying.

Fair warning though, you really might want to do a new character. It's 10x exp so you level really fast, and there are a lot of engrams from The Island/The Center that you'll have no use for at all on Scorched Earth - all non-adobe structures come to mind, given how they interact with the temperature extremes. At the very most you might use stone/metal fence foundations, gates, and walls, maybe foundations+ceilings if you're paranoid enough to make a safe-room (though for this server I wouldn't bother, probably not going to see massive tribes smashing bases left and right, so adobe's generally good enough). Likewise, there are a lot of saddles you won't use.

Though to be fair it's not like you really need to actually unlock many of the SE engrams since you get ten million blueprints of each from the drops.

3. Run Resize Enable

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 19, 2016, 01:59:12 am »

Today, we spotted a level 120 lymantria, which one of tribesmen fell in love with a first sight. The first attempt went well- we bola'd the girl and took turns carefully exchanging tranqs, so as not to risk killing the delicate moth. We underestimated her greatly. With a burst of stun, it took to the sky. Queue 35 minutes of exchanging riders after exhausting arrow supplies, tracking it down on foot while air support resupplied, and trying to pick the damned bug out from *literally* (we counted!) 28 others flying over the canyon. Finally, we catch it's scent, and I follow the critter on my terror bird through the gates of hell, where corner, and successful down the thing. It was quite the adventure. ^.^

If anyone else is having trouble with their white whale, or just wants some company for their shenanigans sometime, by all means- just ask. More often than not, we're more than happy to have the help along.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 19, 2016, 08:42:42 am »

Can't the person being picked up interact with the flyer via 'f' key? I thought that was still a thing. You may have to look at the flyer. I did it a couple patches ago to exchange items while in the air.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 19, 2016, 12:16:13 pm »

Stone and such react differently in SE? To the tempature extremes? Damn. I unlocked all the stone parts on the official We server.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47