Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 47

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 147845 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #540 on: September 19, 2016, 05:07:41 pm »

Stone and such react differently in SE? To the tempature extremes? Damn. I unlocked all the stone parts on the official We server.
The heat, anyways. Stone and metal buildings will cook you alive. Adobe cuts the heat a lot, thatch a little. Wood is slightly worse than those two, but better than stone/metal. Adobe's effectively stone with less health as far as damage resistances go, too.

That said, people are still testing stuff. Might be that stuff like a stone house with an adobe roof will stay cool or something. You can also still use stone/metal behemoth gates and fences, even if you build your living space from adobe.

I'm actually quite pleased with the balance there - adobe looks great and is the best for QoL, while stone/metal will protect you better from PvP attack but are a pain to live in.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 19, 2016, 08:29:22 pm »

So you build an adobe box in a metal box and get ambient outside temps?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 20, 2016, 11:01:49 am »

On the flip side, stone is better for cold areas?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 20, 2016, 11:35:17 am »

Logically, if there's a heat source.
Black lives matter.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 20, 2016, 03:53:15 pm »

Alas, there are no cold areas in Scorched Earth. Nights can be pretty chilly, but I'm not sure whether or not stone helps with that.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 20, 2016, 04:49:14 pm »

Alas, there are no cold areas in Scorched Earth. Nights can be pretty chilly, but I'm not sure whether or not stone helps with that.

No more so than any other structure. Adobe's been fine insulation for the nights, the very worst ones are mild snowflakes with adobe + 20 fort.

Honestly though, extreme cold is easily ten times the bullshit of extreme heat, even with the artificial difficulty water-draining on SE.

3. Run Resize Enable

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 22, 2016, 05:09:25 am »

Just so everyone knows what they're getting in when they log in, in anticipation of the new Marketplace we've implemented Black Diamonds, an extremely lightweight addition that bring a currency by the same name. Black Diamonds will be exchanged from the admin for hunting trophies and certain manufactured goods, as well as rewards for winning tournaments and challenges (so you have different paths to get them!), and can in turn be redeemed for dinos, blueprints, and resources which are not normally attainable in Scorched Earth. Once you've gotten your hands on them, you are welcome to trade them between other players for good and services they offer as well! In the future, we'll try populating the world with hidden "loot crates," containing small to moderate amounts of these gems for adventurers to find.

On a side note, Friday myself and a couple of friends are going to hit up one of the caves (probably the easier one in the south) to see if we can't get our hands on some neat goodies. Anyone who would like is welcome to join us. If you're a little short on gear, don't fret- you're welcome to borrow a crossbow! ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:20:11 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 am »

Oh, nice, I've got Friday off. What time were you going to go?

3. Run Resize Enable

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 23, 2016, 03:34:53 pm »

S'cuse the later reply. And darned, due to the monumental task at hand (seriously, just head north if you want to see it ;)) we've decided to put caving off until tomorrow or Sunday.

If you or anyone else here who would like to participate and are available have a preferred time, let me know! Most of our crew schedule by PST for the mid afternoon- mid evening.

We're pretty excited to have some fresh blood along!

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 22, 2016, 03:29:08 am »

Laughing my butt off. The chalicotherium's preferred food is beer xD

If anyone wants to join me I'm playing on an European cluster server called [Nordic Survival], the good old dayz, I have one or two wyverns if you just want to fly around and experience the map in the redwood forest or just work on being a team. It's pve fully and all so we decide completely if we want to declare war on people :P

Not to ditch ol Butosus, but I'm comfortable with this pingggg.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 22, 2016, 09:59:57 am »

x2 xp? All my nope.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 22, 2016, 10:40:45 am »

x2 xp? All my nope.
I think x2 xp is awfully nice seeing how one could easily hit lvl 50 or so in an hour~ of the game. Give or take some minutes lost when you're enthralled with the new scenery of ScorchedEarth.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 22, 2016, 02:47:00 pm »

x2 xp? All my nope.
I think x2 xp is awfully nice seeing how one could easily hit lvl 50 or so in an hour~ of the game. Give or take some minutes lost when you're enthralled with the new scenery of ScorchedEarth.

I also don't have scorched earth, so there's that. Unless you're really dedicated in leveling it's going to take a good 10-20 hours to hit 50-60 at 10-20x xp and gather.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 22, 2016, 06:14:38 pm »

x2 xp? All my nope.

I also don't have scorched earth, so there's that. Unless you're really dedicated in leveling it's going to take a good 10-20 hours to hit 50-60 at 10-20x xp and gather.
You can hit level 62 in a matter of 15 minutes. Just stand on a quetzal while I kill a titanosaurus, boom 20k XP. They have all the maps in this cluster server though and I'm building a base on TheCenter! o/

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #554 on: November 28, 2016, 07:17:36 pm »

Do we have a server?
I got nothing
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 47