Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 147858 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #600 on: June 10, 2017, 10:52:05 am »

I do not play with less than 3x breeding speed, because I don't have literally unlimited time to stare at a dinosaur whose sum total activity is slowly breathing for an entire day.

I think the idea is that taming is supposed to be a group effort, in which case the devs somehow expect everyone to be able to gather 3-4 people who are willing to stare at the side of a breathing dinosaur for hours so that one of them at a time can sometimes ride a dinosaur. Then someone rides it off a cliff.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 10, 2017, 12:00:43 pm »

It's more like it's supposed to be a full-time career. At vanilla breeding speeds, it takes literal days to tame some of the big stuff, so if you're playing on an always-on server you literally have to arrange shifts to keep the taming up.
Nothing important here, move along.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #602 on: June 10, 2017, 01:16:07 pm »

you can use narco berries and build a barricade around the dino, you dont have to literally stand there logged in.

That said, I prefer a server with 10x everything so I can get on with the fun.
I got nothing

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 14, 2017, 06:09:15 pm »

you can use narco berries and build a barricade around the dino, you dont have to literally stand there logged in.

That said, I prefer a server with 10x everything so I can get on with the fun.
I like normal XP speed (since they doubled it a while ago) and slightly increased gather rate. Increased tame speed is nice, too, so long as it's not "Level 150 raptor, one meat, tamed!".

I hate it when I join a server and I'm level 30 in half an hour, and every time I pick up a rock I get 5 of the fuckers.

Agreed on taming. There should be time spent.

I wish that there was an easy way to adjust the xp per dino species.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #604 on: June 14, 2017, 09:03:11 pm »

I am thinking about installing again to try out the Ragnarok map and new fun stuff. Anyone have a server to suggest? I prefer something like 10x timers across the board.
I got nothing

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 14, 2017, 09:06:40 pm »

I tend to prefer some boost, since I simply don't have the time to dedicate my life to this game with a diamond ring. Regular rates take hella investment to get beyond "shit-eating thatch noob." Though 2x XP and 4x gather is good enough for me. 7-15x tames so that 2hr ones become more like 10 minutes, which is about how long I can reliably run this thing before it dies on me.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #606 on: June 14, 2017, 09:08:26 pm »

I tend to prefer some boost, since I simply don't have the time to dedicate my life to this game with a diamond ring. Regular rates take hella investment to get beyond "shit-eating thatch noob." Though 2x XP and 4x gather is good enough for me. 7-15x tames so that 2hr ones become more like 10 minutes, which is about how long I can reliably run this thing before it dies on me.

I would be fine with those rates, its really the taming timer i hate the most.
I got nothing

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 07, 2017, 02:19:06 pm »

So I haven't really touched this game since around the time it was released. Is it any good playing solo I.E. host by yourself?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 07, 2017, 02:57:24 pm »

So I haven't really touched this game since around the time it was released. Is it any good playing solo I.E. host by yourself?

Last I played (maybe.... 6 - 8 months ago) not really. ARK is basically a super-grindy PvP game without any real PvE content.

Since you already own it It might be worth loading up just to screw around with for a few hours. However if unless you enjoy grindy self-created goals like "catch one of every dinosaur" or "breed a dinosaur with perfect stats" you will quickly run out of entertaining things to do.

I've not kept up with it though, maybe they've added a bunch of PvE content (probably not)
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 12, 2017, 05:26:48 am »

Last I played (maybe.... 6 - 8 months ago) not really. ARK is basically a super-grindy PvP game without any real PvE content.
It's only a PVP game if you enjoy griefing people.
I think it's a fairly fun PVE game, especially since PVE lets you have consentual PVP (Declare war function)

And it's way more fun to go running into caves with strangers from other tribes :)

I also play mostly solo. Sometimes I have a friend help me out if they're in the mood for ARK but I generally try to be self sufficient. If you play on a server with cross-transfer(?) function, gathering metal and such is super easy. Let me know if you need a server based in Sweden to play on with relatively good rates and a very good admin (which will help you out if you mess up. I lost my base a few times when server transfers first was a thing and he helped me get it back. He also has a Zomboid server. Very chill guy.)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 01, 2017, 01:10:38 pm »

New ARK Expansion, very excited about it

So with the price going up, and having earned a bit from console sales and shit they're releasing a very content filled expansion. I'm pretty hype about it at least since people believe it's the story about the Nerva survivor. ARK's a gud game and you guys are welcome to the "Nordic Survival" servers. Let me know if you need assistance and i'll halp out o/

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 01, 2017, 03:35:30 pm »

I guess they went all out with pure fantasy.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 01, 2017, 03:35:36 pm »

So it's another expansion? After all the ruckus from SE? Is it free at least?

I liked how it looks, but it seems the game is drifting away from the "surviving stranded in a wild place" and becoming a "conquer the fantasy land using tech and superpowers". Really unsure if I like this new perspective.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 01, 2017, 03:37:40 pm »

Free? HAHAHA. No. They have a season pass for $45. Pay up. It's $30 if you have Scorched Earth.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 06:20:40 pm by BigD145 »

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 01, 2017, 06:32:42 pm »

No need to be free when it's as good as SE was. SE took me by surprise so I couldn't get hyped for it, Abberation is nice.

A failed ARK. It can be seen when you ascenddd.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47