Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 146824 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #690 on: April 24, 2020, 08:15:55 am »

Pimping my mates Medival-no-fly server:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 03, 2020, 08:20:30 pm »

Anyone from Bay12 still playing this or would like to?  I got in on the free epic deal and am taking to it but solo play is rough online.  Looking for people that like building and don't take things super serious.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 03, 2020, 11:41:19 pm »

I've started playing it again. If you can find an unofficial server with a relatively low player count where the tames don't take five years, I'll hop on.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 04, 2020, 12:37:08 pm »

Been playing the officials a bit lately... ouch. Bit rough with random killing or being randomly wiped. Nothing like having a character two hours old when someone decides to fly up on his griffin and snipe you as your placing a stone wall for your house. Or the person that just decided to hit my base and murder all my otters and dinos with their freaking wyverns or genesis acid shooters.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 05, 2020, 03:48:38 am »

I remember someone once compared Ark to a battle royale game where there's no storm and the map never resets. Essentially, the first players to emerge from the initial scrum have a permanent advantage over new players.

Not my idea of fun.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 05, 2020, 05:06:55 am »

Did they revert the change that epic version doesn't load mods?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 05, 2020, 10:09:03 am »

I remember someone once compared Ark to a battle royale game where there's no storm and the map never resets. Essentially, the first players to emerge from the initial scrum have a permanent advantage over new players.

Not my idea of fun.

Which is why low pop friendly servers appear. Servers where someone will give you a lift to your flier that's stuck in the air because you disconnected over water and logged back in drowned because the game dismounts you on disconnect. Servers where people will just nomad around the map to see what other players have built.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]