Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 146827 times)

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #555 on: November 30, 2016, 05:16:25 pm »

I think I'd be willing to host one. I keep trying to play on the official servers, but the lag is so bad. Even when I use the extremely low graphics settings, I just can't handle that awful framerate. Funny that something I love in Dwarf Fortress is detestable in other games.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 30, 2016, 09:12:04 pm »

I've had this for a while. I played a lot on a multiplayer server, lightly modded. It was the vanilla The Island map. A PVE server.

I had a huge base, tons of stuff. Just got electricity going. Most of the dinosaurs in the game. Then the server admin couldn't afford the server anymore, and I couldn't pay for it and no one else wanted to. So the server shut down. Hadn't played in months since then.

So I went back, got a ton of random mods. And playing singleplayer. Its way more fun! Feels like being the sole person in a prehistoric world, sort of a lonely feeling. But tons of animals and wilderness. No one to grief my base, no worries of the server randomly shutting down, no worries of the server resetting and erasing all my stuff. And its been a far more intense, immersive experience. Even with the random mods, Ark in singleplayer feels very immersive compared to multiplayer for some reason. Plus all the mods I got for it are epic, though the load order is probably messed up lol. Oh well. Its been a ton of fun.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #557 on: December 01, 2016, 12:27:38 am »

I am on an unofficial PvP server that has strict rules about non-griefing. So far everyone has been super cool. The server is Center map, with no major mods, but it has multipliers going. Taming is 4x, gathering 2x and xp is 2x.

here is a link to the server info
https://arkservers.net/server/80.229.137.152:27015

Still, I would be into a B12 PvE server (or somebody else's) if we had one that we could rely on not shutting down.

I got nothing

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 01, 2016, 02:15:30 am »

I am on an unofficial PvP server that has strict rules about non-griefing. So far everyone has been super cool. The server is Center map, with no major mods, but it has multipliers going. Taming is 4x, gathering 2x and xp is 2x.
here is a link to the server info
https://arkservers.net/server/80.229.137.152:27015
Still, I would be into a B12 PvE server (or somebody else's) if we had one that we could rely on not shutting down.
Where's the server and how's the latency?
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #559 on: December 01, 2016, 11:55:51 pm »

the server is in UK and latency seems ok, I am in California.

I am thinking about leaving the server though. Good folks and all, but the difficulty is set high so it takes a lot of tranq arrows to knock dinos out.

I just went up against a lvl 5 Trike and put 16 tranq arrows into its head and it didn't go down. I then pinned it on a wall and pumped 36 stones into ist head, still wouldnt go down. Finally my parasaur killed it.

Even though the miltipliers are up on taming, it still is an agony to bring the dino down.

I think I need a suggestion of a new server.
I got nothing

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 02, 2016, 04:59:31 am »

the server is in UK and latency seems ok, I am in California.

I am thinking about leaving the server though. Good folks and all, but the difficulty is set high so it takes a lot of tranq arrows to knock dinos out.

I just went up against a lvl 5 Trike and put 16 tranq arrows into its head and it didn't go down. I then pinned it on a wall and pumped 36 stones into ist head, still wouldnt go down. Finally my parasaur killed it.

Even though the miltipliers are up on taming, it still is an agony to bring the dino down.

I think I need a suggestion of a new server.
The difficulty doesn't affect how much tranq it takes, only the level does that.

I'm playing on a clustered pve called Thegoodolddayz tho, (conditional pvp, because you can declare war against other players on vanilla settings) 2x Xp and gather, 5x tame. 10x breeding or maybe it was 8x. We also have a bit larger modifier on each level point, like 7.5% in melee damage I think. Unless that's vanilla. Double weight etc. try it out if you don't want to play on duct tapes' server :0
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:02:45 am by Exerosp »

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 07, 2016, 06:46:20 am »

Bump to celebrate that it's out on PS4 and seems to play well.

I'm still in the very early steps, but like what I see, - especially that the nights are actually DARK!  :)
I'm debating with myself if I should turn up the taming modifiers (I'm still just doing single player), but will learn the vanilla experience for now.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 07, 2016, 08:44:15 am »

Taming's a horrid time-sink in my opinion. I'd much rather be exploring and fighting wild monsters than babysitting an unconscious dinosaur.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 14, 2016, 07:19:30 pm »

Servers I run raise taming speed by 3x at least.

I have better things to do in my day then spend 6 hours standing in one virtual spot doing literally nothing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 15, 2016, 07:59:02 am »

Thank you for the feedback.
Yes, I will increase the taming speed soon. I like that watching an entire night makes me really care for these stupid proto-chickens, but any longer (for high-end dinos?) will not work.

Another question. The PS4 (full) version comes with 3 maps, the standard Ark, Center, and Scorched Earth. Any recommentation where to be? (In single and/or multi player)
My plan is to learn the game in Ark, do some sight seeing in Center and then check what SE has to give, - but should I just move asap if the later maps are better? ('Better' is very subjective, - what I'm looking for is seeing, taming and building cool stuff, - not hardcore pvp).
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 15, 2016, 11:21:53 am »

Island and Center both have cool features.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 15, 2016, 03:01:42 pm »

Bigger and taller. I don't know about better. Center is much more of a fliers map in a game with way more land critters than air critters. It's good that some land dino's are also reasonably aquatic. Island gets updated more frequently because it's stock and has more people to actually update it.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 04, 2017, 10:17:23 pm »

Just a friendly status update, Butosus is still alive and kicking, relatively speaking. By popular demand the server has been permanently converted to PvE, and to keep things interesting with reasonable risk, we've started running a few choice mods. The first of these is Tabula Rasa, which adds all of the delightful Scorched Earth critters to The Island, including tamable wyverns! The second and most noticeable,  Extinction Core, is practically Annunaki Genesis lite, but more immersive, subtle, and balanced for vanilla in terms of how you progress.

If anyone is still looking for a place to call home and would like to join us, I recommend installing the 5 mods we're running separately before attempting to login, and the in-client installation process can be rather.... spotty. Full list with links at the bottom of this post.

Lastly, don't hesitate to announce your presence on chat, ask for help, and invite yourself along! Additional human beings can make the game a lot more fun, especially when the toxic excuse for PvP has been disabled. :P Aside from a few group projects, there are certain obstacles in the modded content that are much more feasible with a large group, and I can speak for my tribe when I say we're always willing to lend a hand for help in exchange.

Hope to see you here!

Spoiler: modlist (click to show/hide)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 11, 2017, 10:45:51 pm »

Tried getting into this again, but every time I try to go into a server or into singleplayer, it just crashes and strands me in fullscreen mode.

Also, I'm getting Mod Mismatch errors when trying to join the Butosus server.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 11, 2017, 11:09:11 pm »

Tried getting into this again, but every time I try to go into a server or into singleplayer, it just crashes and strands me in fullscreen mode.

Also, I'm getting Mod Mismatch errors when trying to join the Butosus server.

I have similar problems with the crashing on a daily basis- the only remedy I've ever found was persistence, maybe a good restart.

As for mod mismatches, it probably means some of the mods on the server are out of date. Thanks for bringing it to my attention- we're updating now!

“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47