Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 56624 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #675 on: December 07, 2016, 08:44:15 am »

Taming's a horrid time-sink in my opinion. I'd much rather be exploring and fighting wild monsters than babysitting an unconscious dinosaur.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • I heard that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 14, 2016, 07:19:30 pm »

Servers I run raise taming speed by 3x at least.

I have better things to do in my day then spend 6 hours standing in one virtual spot doing literally nothing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: BLAZECOOKS III: Human Fort - IS A SECRET NOW
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 15, 2016, 07:59:02 am »

Thank you for the feedback.
Yes, I will increase the taming speed soon. I like that watching an entire night makes me really care for these stupid proto-chickens, but any longer (for high-end dinos?) will not work.

Another question. The PS4 (full) version comes with 3 maps, the standard Ark, Center, and Scorched Earth. Any recommentation where to be? (In single and/or multi player)
My plan is to learn the game in Ark, do some sight seeing in Center and then check what SE has to give, - but should I just move asap if the later maps are better? ('Better' is very subjective, - what I'm looking for is seeing, taming and building cool stuff, - not hardcore pvp).
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 15, 2016, 11:21:53 am »

Island and Center both have cool features.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 15, 2016, 02:58:27 pm »

Centre is better than Island IMO.
My sigtext!

Unless you plan on playing something with me, don't friend me on Steam. I try to keep the list as small as possible and only with people I know IRL or want to play a game.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 15, 2016, 03:01:42 pm »

Bigger and taller. I don't know about better. Center is much more of a fliers map in a game with way more land critters than air critters. It's good that some land dino's are also reasonably aquatic. Island gets updated more frequently because it's stock and has more people to actually update it.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 04, 2017, 10:17:23 pm »

Just a friendly status update, Butosus is still alive and kicking, relatively speaking. By popular demand the server has been permanently converted to PvE, and to keep things interesting with reasonable risk, we've started running a few choice mods. The first of these is Tabula Rasa, which adds all of the delightful Scorched Earth critters to The Island, including tamable wyverns! The second and most noticeable,  Extinction Core, is practically Annunaki Genesis lite, but more immersive, subtle, and balanced for vanilla in terms of how you progress.

If anyone is still looking for a place to call home and would like to join us, I recommend installing the 5 mods we're running separately before attempting to login, and the in-client installation process can be rather.... spotty. Full list with links at the bottom of this post.

Lastly, don't hesitate to announce your presence on chat, ask for help, and invite yourself along! Additional human beings can make the game a lot more fun, especially when the toxic excuse for PvP has been disabled. :P Aside from a few group projects, there are certain obstacles in the modded content that are much more feasible with a large group, and I can speak for my tribe when I say we're always willing to lend a hand for help in exchange.

Hope to see you here!

Spoiler: modlist (click to show/hide)
===[Butosus], your friendly neighborhood Ark Server===

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 11, 2017, 10:45:51 pm »

Tried getting into this again, but every time I try to go into a server or into singleplayer, it just crashes and strands me in fullscreen mode.

Also, I'm getting Mod Mismatch errors when trying to join the Butosus server.
Sometimes I like to sit in my room while watching dinner and eating my T.V.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 11, 2017, 11:09:11 pm »

Tried getting into this again, but every time I try to go into a server or into singleplayer, it just crashes and strands me in fullscreen mode.

Also, I'm getting Mod Mismatch errors when trying to join the Butosus server.

I have similar problems with the crashing on a daily basis- the only remedy I've ever found was persistence, maybe a good restart.

As for mod mismatches, it probably means some of the mods on the server are out of date. Thanks for bringing it to my attention- we're updating now!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • Busy eating delicious xenos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 12, 2017, 02:33:17 am »

My own problems with the game, is that its slow to progress and resource gathering is a tedious task.
Well, I don't mind the survival aspect of it, too much... But the start is slow in singleplayer mode.

And in Multiplayer, whenever I make some progress, my teammates always seem to be way ahead of me. (I don't do PvP, for obvious reasons.)
And I get the feeling that I'm slowing them down because of this.
Would like to get back into the game though.
Steam: Ultimuh
Kongregate: Ultimuh
Guns Of Icarus: Uriel Ultim
World Of Tanks (eu): Ultimuh
War Thunder: Ultimuh
FFXIV A REALM REBORN: Uriel Ultim (Cereberus) Kurinrin Krillinlin (Leviathan)

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 12, 2017, 05:25:34 am »

My own problems with the game, is that its slow to progress and resource gathering is a tedious task.
Well, I don't mind the survival aspect of it, too much... But the start is slow in singleplayer mode.

And in Multiplayer, whenever I make some progress, my teammates always seem to be way ahead of me. (I don't do PvP, for obvious reasons.)
And I get the feeling that I'm slowing them down because of this.
Would like to get back into the game though.

In the beggining everything will be slow and painful to do. But at level 20 you unlock the raptor saddle. That's your first real killer mount. Your meat/hide gathering and exploration will be improved.

Then at level 25 (I think) you unlock the trike saddle. Knocking up and taming a trike is relatively easy, and they're awesome berry-gatherers. Your berry gathering will be improved.

Later you will unlock the ankylo saddle (better for flint and metal), the beaver saddle (better for wood), the saddle for those little armadillo things (stone)...

So, yeah, in the beggining it's crap. But it gets better fast. Just enjoy it while you are doing it by hand, because afterwards the survival aspect becomes so trivial you won't even remember it's a survival game.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 12, 2017, 11:59:06 am »

Knocking up and taming a trike is relatively easy
With date rape berries all over the island, it would be.
My sigtext!

Unless you plan on playing something with me, don't friend me on Steam. I try to keep the list as small as possible and only with people I know IRL or want to play a game.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 12, 2017, 01:16:14 pm »

You could turn up resources per whack in single player. You can do many things in single, including how much extra carry weight per tick of upgrade for yourself and dino's. Carrying a few logs at a time adds time versus carrying hundreds or thousands.

http://arksurvivalevolved.gamewalkthrough-universe.com/dedicatedservers/customizationtools/perlevelstatsmultipliertool/Default.aspx

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 12, 2017, 10:03:23 pm »

For the record, if you ever do get the itch to play on the server, we're cranking resources at x5, taming x10, and baby maturation at x45. Having played under these modifiers extensively, I have to say, it feels right, especially if you go solo or play in a small group. Not too much grind, but neither so easy as to be boring- just enough of a pause to given you reason to prepare, keep you on your toes, and make it feel like you're progressing.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 12, 2017, 10:20:43 pm »

Not sure what I did, but the game works much better now. I tried tweaking everything, so I can't say I know what exactly made it load for me.

Edit: Or it was just a fluke. Ain't working again. /Edit

Also, is the xp gain modified as well, or does xp depend on action modifiers as well or something? Just a few minutes of gaming shot me up past level 10.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:04:28 pm by BlackFlyme »
Sometimes I like to sit in my room while watching dinner and eating my T.V.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48