Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do you usually respond to people's reports of monsters?  (Read 1320 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All of the dialog options are hilarious in their own right, but I'm a "It is sad but not unexpected." kinda guy.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: How do you usually respond to people's reports of monsters?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 09:00:51 pm »

Personally, I keep legends viewer open so I can figure out where they're talking about.  They have an annoying tendency to tell me about a titan on the far northern end of the world when I'm at the far south end, or an elven attack on a human city likewise across the world. 

I tell them I just don't care unless they're close (and within my skill range) enough for me to reasonably say I can take care of it.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 10:36:17 pm »

So... My master is at work...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 10:39:41 am »

To me the most hilarious was when i ran into a huge Vault on the opposite side of a river that was flowing on the side of a town.

None in that town mentionned at any point that huge and very obvious (as it wasn't even hidden throuh vegetation or hills , it was on plain flat ground) Vault, as if none knew, while they were aware of ridiculously far locations and hidden lairs and could pinpoint them on my map with extreme precision.

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 07:31:32 am »

None in that town mentionned at any point that huge and very obvious (as it wasn't even hidden throuh vegetation or hills , it was on plain flat ground) Vault, as if none knew, while they were aware of ridiculously far locations and hidden lairs and could pinpoint them on my map with extreme precision.

I just asked my companion what he thinks about himself, and he said he doesn't know himself and couldn't tell you if anybody else he knows does  :D
Dabbling Overseer

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 07:47:31 pm »

I just asked my companion what he thinks about himself, and he said he doesn't know himself and couldn't tell you if anybody else he knows does  :D

Your companion may be Nue.  I recommend praising their unknowableness, and seeing if they react with pride. 
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare