Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1417 1418 [1419]

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1781848 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #21270 on: August 31, 2023, 06:16:58 am »

Nah, not even a little. It wasn't along the side of the road, it was right in the middle of it (and everywhere else; like said, it meandered all across the interstate). Kinda' like the line a garbage truck can leave behind it if it's leaking, just... not liquid. Looked similar to that, even, except again, going over it with your tires made a sound similar to a bloody belt sander. If it wasn't an intentional thing, it was road damage of some sort.
Sounds like it might be a poor attempt at a patch for a crack in he pavement.

Could just be that they scraped the top of it off but haven't bothered repaving over that part. It's generally done so the new layer adheres better (and the whole thing doesn't get too high over time I guess). Over here tho the fuckers have gotten to using it as a type of speed control. Instead of fixing a problematic bend or part of the road they just ruin it further by scraping so you can't go as fast since the surface is very very bad in anything but perfectly dry conditions. It's super troublesome for anything on less than 4 wheels as well as it's easy to get your wheel caught in a particular groove which can throw you off balance very easily.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21271 on: November 06, 2023, 08:54:42 am »

I might have found a relatively serious cybervulnerability and now I'm wondering if I could guarantee myself a better outcome if I escalated it directly past our own hierarchy... Will enisa laugh me out of the room if I show them that a monkey like me is able to order trucks 200km from here (in another business), just because technically you need somebody who has allready some degree of access.

I will write an email with a little exposé of different techniques to IT... I sincerely doubt they will recognize the gravity of the situation, but I will simply wash my hands of it and never think about it again.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 04:18:39 pm by dragdeler »
let

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21272 on: November 06, 2023, 01:41:23 pm »

Nah, not even a little. It wasn't along the side of the road, it was right in the middle of it (and everywhere else; like said, it meandered all across the interstate). Kinda' like the line a garbage truck can leave behind it if it's leaking, just... not liquid. Looked similar to that, even, except again, going over it with your tires made a sound similar to a bloody belt sander. If it wasn't an intentional thing, it was road damage of some sort.

I've experienced rumble strips in the middle of the road. Often on top of being on the side of the road they are also between lanes.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21273 on: December 12, 2023, 02:21:01 pm »

Lost my bus card today. Was extremely jumpy and stressed for about 15 minutes. Will get a new one tomorrow.

I am lowkey dependent on established routines for stuff which I initiate whenever necessary. Absence of my card was a strong hit to it. Fortunately, the bus payment panel accepts credit cards. Though I had to pay 18 ₺, instead of the discounted 7.5 ₺ with my student card.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21274 on: March 11, 2024, 07:41:50 am »

I'm taking care of an elderly dog for a bit, and this week was a nightmare.

First she was left limping because the groomers were too rough with her, then the vet gave us some anti-inflammatory pills that were too strong for a dog her size. One pill and she couldn't stand up for two days, and when we called the vet, they told us to just come back and buy a smaller dosage.

We had to make her drink water using an ear syringe since she couldn't even lift her head. She's come out of it, thankfully, but we honestly thought she was going to die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21275 on: March 11, 2024, 06:53:31 pm »

Can you not break the pills in half? You can probably buy a pill cutter at any pharmacy or use a butter knife
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21276 on: March 11, 2024, 07:08:07 pm »

Could have, I guess. Though the vet told us not to, and to bring the pills back to them for disposal.

Plus we weren't planning on giving her more anyways. She probably shouldn't have been given a pill in the first place; should have just left her to rest.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21277 on: March 24, 2024, 06:40:22 pm »

I fear the forums are struggling again - I'm getting really long load times...  :(

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21278 on: March 25, 2024, 01:18:56 pm »

Toady is roaming...
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 1417 1418 [1419]