Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 622

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 834610 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: The Barren Snowflake Wastes
« Reply #7830 on: March 24, 2020, 11:35:11 pm »

*snip for length*

Nice! The soundtrack for the next session will be Alice In Chains's "Down in a Hole".
Hopefully we won't spend the whole session there, but I can try to play it at the start.

The wizard goes into a magic shop

Idea: A Magic shop that doesn't sell magic items but is magical. Everyone who enters it is compelled to buy 1d4 items. All the items available are cheap tourist/gift shop nonsense.
That reminds me of an idea I had of a vendor who sells some food that no one really likes, but which magically compels them to think that other people they know would really like it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 11:37:55 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: March 25, 2020, 10:27:59 am »

The wizard goes into a magic shop

Idea: A Magic shop that doesn't sell magic items but is magical. Everyone who enters it is compelled to buy 1d4 items. All the items available are cheap tourist/gift shop nonsense.
That reminds me of an idea I had of a vendor who sells some food that no one really likes, but which magically compels them to think that other people they know would really like it.
It reminds myself of my idea of a magic ring that makes its wielder and his companions think it's a working Ring of Three Wishes.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: March 25, 2020, 10:46:23 am »

There was just an oglaf for that recently. Probably Safe for work, too (I'm not sure about advertisements there, because I use noscript with a few of the worst ad servers blocked). Because of the possible not safe ads, I'll make a non-link.

Also, I liked the one about the tree that granted wishes. You want to be the best writer. Cool, you're trapped in this room while you hone your craft. Although now that I think about it, that's a bit on the nose for right now.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: March 25, 2020, 12:07:04 pm »

Oglaf advertisements are a weird 50/50 of either being a sex ad or some completely unrelated tertiary gag.

So... Linking the image itself is probably the best way of avoiding said ads.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: March 26, 2020, 09:29:33 am »

Presenting, for your enjoyment, what may be the Shadowrun product with the absolute least amount rules fuckiness.

The free (/pwyw) book

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: April 02, 2020, 02:12:38 pm »

I think today marked one of the most mundane mysteries I've ever uncovered in a tabletop RPG. My character tailed some suspicious people who had introduced themselves as Canadians last session. It turns out they speak with a Southern twang when they think he isn't around. That's the whole mystery, the end of their suspicious activity is that they lied about their nationality. It raises the question of why, but I suppose there are several reasons why an American wouldn't want to admit to being one in this day and age...
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: April 02, 2020, 03:44:27 pm »

I think today marked one of the most mundane mysteries I've ever uncovered in a tabletop RPG. My character tailed some suspicious people who had introduced themselves as Canadians last session. It turns out they speak with a Southern twang when they think he isn't around. That's the whole mystery, the end of their suspicious activity is that they lied about their nationality. It raises the question of why, but I suppose there are several reasons why an American wouldn't want to admit to being one in this day and age...
That sounds more like a mystery hook than the actual mystery.
Are you sure there isn't a deeper reason for why they were pretending to be Canadian?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: April 02, 2020, 04:01:27 pm »

The tailing at least didn't reveal anything suspicious, and the people don't seem to be connected to any known plot. If there is a new deeper mystery that this is foreshadowing of, it's going to need another thread to follow.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: April 02, 2020, 04:19:38 pm »

I'm hoping

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: April 04, 2020, 07:35:37 pm »

There's a murder mystery afoot in town. Strong suspicions of undead involvement. We have a witness at the crime scene, but he's clammed up and not talking to us. Our cleric is a bit miffed after having to dig through undead flesh, so I'm the first one to try a Diplomacy check despite not having any ranks in it.

Natural one.

"So, I know your body has been undergoing some changes lately..."
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: April 06, 2020, 03:35:10 pm »

There's a murder mystery afoot in town. Strong suspicions of undead involvement. We have a witness at the crime scene, but he's clammed up and not talking to us. Our cleric is a bit miffed after having to dig through undead flesh, so I'm the first one to try a Diplomacy check despite not having any ranks in it.

Natural one.

"So, I know your body has been undergoing some changes lately..."
That sounds more like something you say to a new werewolf instead of a witness.
What changes were their undergoing? Were they a teenager or shapeshanger of some kind?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: April 06, 2020, 04:10:51 pm »

Idunno, it was the first thing that popped into my head with no filter.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: April 06, 2020, 05:50:55 pm »

Honestly, I misinterpreted that as you were interrogating some newly-created undead and I thought you were brilliant.

If anyone reading happens to be into post-apocalyptic light-med crunch gaming, you could do worse than Hope and you can currently nab it for $0.50 using a link in that thread until the 10th. It's definitely a bit quirky but I like it so far.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: April 07, 2020, 12:43:16 pm »

In 5e, a Thief with the Healer feat can bring people to 1 hit point from 0 with a bonus action, which makes them a more expensive but theoretically more short-term sustainable way to keep people in the fight than a cleric, paladin or druid. Although, there is that one overpowered 2nd level spell that might be better, but I don't remember its name so I can't look it up.
Question, is the second bullet of the feat, where you use an action to heal people also made into a bonus action by the Thief feature?

I think a PC with this build could be a mob doctor who's REALLY good with a scalpel.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 03:10:20 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: April 07, 2020, 04:49:21 pm »

In 5e, a Thief with the Healer feat can bring people to 1 hit point from 0 with a bonus action, which makes them a more expensive but theoretically more short-term sustainable way to keep people in the fight than a cleric, paladin or druid.
Eh...
Beyond the first couple of levels, most of them can afford the cost of a few level 1 spell slots to cast healing word, and that doesn't require them to be right next to the person. Most fights aren't going to last long enough for it to really matter, one way or another.

Although, there is that one overpowered 2nd level spell that might be better, but I don't remember its name so I can't look it up.
[/quote]
Healing Spirit, which is pretty OP yeah. It'd only take one bonus action and you can have it running for a minute, and you can choose to heal any theoretical number of people passing through.

It's a pretty absurd spell.
Question, is the second bullet of the feat, where you use an action to heal people also made into a bonus action by the Thief feature?
By RAW, yeah.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 622