Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 622

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 825348 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: The Barren Snowflake Wastes
« Reply #8370 on: August 19, 2020, 05:49:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Three month comparison of skeleton sprite :]

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: August 19, 2020, 05:51:35 pm »

[spooky scary skeletons remix intensifies]
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8372 on: August 21, 2020, 03:43:36 pm »

The culmination of my oneshot with just two of my players because the other two are out of country. One was an elephant-man paladin and the other was a minotaur fighter (both lvl 10) named Tim and Tested respectively. They were both toll collectors, with Tim having spent 45 years collecting tolls on the bridge. One day an army of elves, orcs, hobbits, humans and dwarves passed by, led by a huge Knight. Tim and Tested insisted on payment and the Knight, Sir Regi Reinauld (whom they dubbed Jesus) acquiesced, offering them an ornate necklace and five gold to cover the cost of letting his army pass. They took the five gold but declined the necklace, privately musing that it was nice of Sir Regi to not try to take the bridge by force.

Sir Regi offered to help defend but Tested had a death wish and Tim was prepared to go down with the bridge, so they wished Sir Regi a glorious death and bid him adieu. Tim proceeded to prepare some tea and set the bridge up for incineration, whilst Tim was gone an assassin continuously tried to assassinate Tested but was incapable of damaging him or inflicting his poison upon him. By the time Tim came back, Tested was cushioned with crossbow bolts but completely unharmed.

Eventually the vanguard arrives, led by a husk (bodak stats but more sun resistant in exchange for not having instant necro damage hit), the assassin and a unit of musketmen. Tim bravely faces the husk and musketmen alone whilst Tested wakes up to the sound of gunfire after sleeping in the nearby forest. The assassin tries to backstab Tested but is completely unable to break through his armour, leading to the assassin being pummeled to inches of his life. Whilst Tested negotiates with the assassin (named Cho) and manages to convince him to join the toll collector squad, Tim is fighting for his dear life, getting the life succ'd out of him by the husk whilst the musketmen fire devastating volleys. Tim manages to call upon angels to smite the husk in a brutal duel, but despite going prone into half cover still manages to fail a dex saving throw with advantage and takes another devastating volley full on.

At this point Tim is on death's door and Tested goes to go kill the musketmen. By the time Tested finishes slaughtering the musketmen, who despite all of Tested's efforts to make them break and flee held their ground bravely to the last man, Tim had two successful death saves and two failures. Tested makes it to Tim to try and stabilise him, but between him and Cho, neither of them understands medicine. Tim just barely passes his last death save, waking up with 1 HP.

Cue some of the best RP I'd ever seen, with the two of them just arguing over whether to destroy the bridge or not. Tim would rather die with the bridge which had been his whole life purpose, whilst Tested shocked him with emotional pleads and insults, breaking Tim out of his mid-life crisis. They burn the bridge and in the next four hours a squadron of skeletons arrive. They take turns taking potshots at the skeletons but don't know how to use guns, damaging a few bones but killing none of them. As the hours go by hundreds of thousands of skeletons amass on the river but stop at the burnt bridge. Eventually a husk arrives and they taunt the husk, ignoring its wicked tricks, and set off to go find Jesus and his caravan of troops - with the end goal of finding a ferry and making it to drift city.

There was also a long running joke that everyone was shocked the toll collectors had no idea  there was a civil war going on, and Tim and Tested both defended themselves by saying they hadn't left the toll bridge in decades and months respectively.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: August 29, 2020, 10:13:36 am »

Adventure idea: a famous old bard wishes to have a letter containing a scathing insult hand-delivered to their ex-partner and adventuring buddy, who has since become a lich. The bard is willing to pay a massive amount for this service.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: August 29, 2020, 10:18:47 am »

Consider: A bard lich as an eternal coked-out 70s rockstar, unable to die from their bad habits and thus having escalated them all the more.

Behold the Chamber of Groupies! Dare you enter my magical realm?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: August 29, 2020, 10:26:36 am »

Dare you enter my magical realm?
If you have to ask the answer is no.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: August 29, 2020, 11:21:33 am »

Consider: A bard lich as an eternal coked-out 70s rockstar, unable to die from their bad habits and thus having escalated them all the more.

Behold the Chamber of Groupies! Dare you enter my magical realm?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: August 29, 2020, 12:15:47 pm »

What is dead may never die
Love, scriver~

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: August 31, 2020, 09:15:57 am »

What do you people use to make maps of continents? I've only done location maps and paint has been enough for me.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: August 31, 2020, 09:18:14 am »

I GM Shadowrun when I GM, but have you tried zooming in a bunch?

Edit: Does anyone have advice on creating a parody Oompa Loompa song? I have a brilliant stupid idea.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 09:22:11 am by Iduno »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: August 31, 2020, 09:53:43 am »

What do you people use to make maps of continents? I've only done location maps and paint has been enough for me.

Usually hexographer, but I rarely actually do continent-scale maps.  If we're going by typical medieval, which my games are usually low fantasy enough to use, a hundred square miles is more than enough for multiple campaigns and 99% of people are only vaguely aware if at all of what's going on beyond that range.
Shoes...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: August 31, 2020, 10:14:57 am »

That map is terrible. Norway is nearly as big as Sweden on it.
Love, scriver~

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: August 31, 2020, 10:26:29 am »

Everything about that map offends me. It's like a daring vision of a Fireflyesque superfuture where the Heavenly Space Empire exports shitty Chinese knockoff Earths.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: August 31, 2020, 10:52:58 am »

I'm fairly okay with Denmark just being a sliver in the sea and Ireland makes a very cute turtle
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: August 31, 2020, 11:12:49 am »

That map is terrible. Norway is nearly as big as Sweden on it.

It's just there to show where this chunk of land is relative to parts you'd recognize by shape, so most of the rest looks like it was an afterthought. Being fan-made probably doesn't help the quality.
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 622