Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 848996 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (and Pathfinder), share your experiences.
« Reply #375 on: July 13, 2015, 02:10:22 pm »

...I am now extremely glad that my first experience with D&D is on this forum which is mostly populated by people that are not like anyone described in the last few posts.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2015, 02:13:36 pm »

He's a cool guy and we're still friends, he's just an overbearing and frankly shitty roleplayer.
I'm pretty bad at staying in character too, particularly using voice rather than text, but I feel like I err on the side of meta-cooperation.  But eh, of course that would be my opinion.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 13, 2015, 02:17:17 pm »

I'm really just talking about the fact that your DM just let that shit happen at all, I would have issued warnings and if it did not cease I would have flat-out ejected the antagonist, friend or not.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 13, 2015, 02:58:59 pm »

I have a player who constantly does stupid things and gets mad when I punish him for it. It's really hard to even run a session with him since he interrupts me before I finish saying something to ask stupid random shit about things he's going to do later. He's got one more chance before I kick him
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 13, 2015, 03:12:21 pm »

What was your barbarian's alignment?

Regardless, I think that the guy deserved more than that. Hell, if I was playing a chaotic neutral barbarian or an evil aligned one, I would've actually kicked him off the cliff. Otherwise, as a barbarian (and treated like a rabid animal) you would probably attack the enemy first. Also, why are they putting it on you when the others could have just as easily went and saved the guy as well? I think buddy is over reacting a bit.

I had a character like that where he treated half of the party like shit, and he even hit me in the head with a mordenkrag twice for almost setting a building on fire... WITH DAILY POWERS. I have the HP to take it since I was a berserker, but I said in character, I deserved the first hit, ubt the SECOND ONE was uncalled for, and I even said if he did it again, I'd fucking kill him. Throw in the fact I was regenerating and I can do more damage to drop him before he could get a third hit in and still have plenty of HP left over, I could have killed him easily, but for the sake of him being a player I didn't. Ten minutes later, he beats another player to near death, and we all decide to kill his character.

Some people take RPing too seriously, and not only need to be toned down to remember there are other players who are playing

Uff, I'd have to dig up my Character sheet. I found the whole alignment thing to be very confusing and still try to wrap my head around it (The concept of a Person being described by a single aligntment is still very weird to me. I couldnt put myself into the grid, for example. Dont people fluctuate at least a little?). Anyway, hes not evil, i'm pretty sure. And the other character were preoccupied with fighting at the time and I was the only one at freedom to choose where to help. But jsut as stated, my Barb had no interest saving a guy who treated him like dirt.

I contacted him today and straight up told him that there was no apology to be expected from me. If he could admit to being an ass, I would gladly try to get our group back on track. And to ease the waves IC, I'm pretty sure I can easily play the Barb thinking that the characters are now even. Let's see how he reacts, I'm not that attached to the group anyway and was looking into Forum groups (btw, anything going on in Bay12 in this regard? I'd lvoe to get some more experience or generally jsut talk to people about the setting. A lot of stuff still completely boggles me).
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 13, 2015, 03:14:01 pm »

(Our own Neonivek is hosting a Pathfinder campaign, and I think there might be a slot or two open if you ask him.)
Black lives matter.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 13, 2015, 03:16:31 pm »

Alignment is a touchy issue on the net, so discussion of it isn't allowed on this thread (just a friendly reminder.)  That said since to the best of my knowledge (and verifiable via 3rd ed) barbarians cannot be lawful, so your actions would be completely acceptable within character limitations.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 13, 2015, 04:41:55 pm »

I think it's a perfectly fine thing to do IC.  Selfishness and vindictiveness are better indicators of "evil" than "lol i blow up the inn cause lol"

Personally I don't regard the D&D alignments at all.  If I could sum up D&D in five words it'd be "signs eclipsing what they signify" and alignment is numero uno in that regard.  The 4e skill debacle too, people getting upset because they don't have a labyrinthine system of rules to govern non-combat roleplaying.  Rules becoming an entity on their own rather than a simple way to represent the world and resolve contradicting intentions.  That's D&D.
Shoes...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 13, 2015, 04:43:38 pm »

I just skip the alignment stuff all together and go True Neutral so I'm not restricted to alignment.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 13, 2015, 04:48:30 pm »

"Sir, thank you for helping me! But why would you do that for a complete stranger?"
"True Neutral."

"You've killed my family... my entire village... why...?"
"True Neutral."

"You just stabbed Satan and Jesus at the same time! Why would you--"
"True. Neutral."
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 13, 2015, 04:50:06 pm »

Pretty much.
Sigtext!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 13, 2015, 05:14:00 pm »

Used to play it with a couple of friends of mine. We were light on the rules, heavy on the RP. Lots of fun times.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 13, 2015, 06:17:46 pm »

Guys, I very literally just effing told you not to discuss Alignment.  No alignment discussion, it's in the effing OP rules.  Don't do it again.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 13, 2015, 06:21:16 pm »

Guys, I very literally just effing told you not to discuss Alignment.  No alignment discussion, it's in the effing OP rules.  Don't do it again.
I hate to be this guy, but you need to follow your own addendum 2.

(Our own Neonivek is hosting a Pathfinder campaign, and I think there might be a slot or two open if you ask him.)
I'll ask neon as I am playing terraria with him atm, but there probably is as we started with 6, went down to 5 players and then a couple don't show frequently.  I may also need to drop out due to new found work so there is that.
Nom nom nom

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 13, 2015, 06:25:51 pm »

^^ This?  This is a warning.  I made a post no more than half a dozen above yours that there would be no alignment discussion in this thread and the very first post after it breaks the rules.  Be happy no one got reported for it.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 623