Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 848873 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: The Barren Snowflake Wastes
« Reply #5790 on: September 18, 2018, 06:22:25 pm »

Could be RaHoWa, I guess. Dunno if that's diceless or not but it has the neo-Nazi stuff down pat.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: September 19, 2018, 03:49:05 pm »

Authenticity and immersion demand that all players play human fighting-men, 3d6 in order, no "magic" nonsense, and you have to roll to determine what permanent disabilities you have developed before the age of 21.

Minus the disability thing that might actually be kinda fun.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: September 19, 2018, 03:52:40 pm »

I've still yet to see a more entertaining character creation than that of Gamma World. Shame it's apparently a massive bitch to GM for; as being on the player side, even for the extremely short period that I got to experience it, was quite fun.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: September 19, 2018, 03:54:36 pm »

For an authentic OSR experience, you need to do 4d6 keep lowest. Having sub-10 in everything is a mark of the best kind of character, don'tcha know.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: September 19, 2018, 04:28:33 pm »

Could be RaHoWa, I guess. Dunno if that's diceless or not but it has the neo-Nazi stuff down pat.
There's also Sigmata, if you want 80s-punk X-men of the left-leaning jackbooted thug variety. I'm sure it's not hipster enough, but I've heard it's very clunky.

I've still yet to see a more entertaining character creation than that of Gamma World. Shame it's apparently a massive bitch to GM for; as being on the player side, even for the extremely short period that I got to experience it, was quite fun.
My only experiences with Gamma World were laughing at chargen, mucking about a bit, and getting into a teamfight over literally nothing resulting in the deaths of all but one player. I'm not sure what part of it would be painful to GM.

On that note, I love their ammo system. It's so elegant: You can use a gun once per encounter without issue. If you use it twice or more, it runs out of ammo at the end of the encounter.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: September 19, 2018, 05:01:10 pm »

On that note, I love their ammo system. It's so elegant: You can use a gun once per encounter without issue. If you use it twice or more, it runs out of ammo at the end of the encounter.
"Alright, weapons check... How much ammo you got left?"

"Yes."

As for GW GM'ing, supposedly it's somewhat aggravating to handle encounters and the like, and campaign-level scaling is similarly a pain. At least according to one individual's high-sodium content opinion.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: September 19, 2018, 08:07:48 pm »

Obligatory Doom movie reference.

"Half clip... You?"
*tense dramatic beat*
"One."
*BFG obliterates the hallway*
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: September 19, 2018, 11:04:44 pm »

I personally love Feng Shui's ammo system. As long as you keep making your reload checks, your gun has an indefinitely high amount of ammo inside of it.

"Did I fire six times, or only five? Do I feel lucky?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: September 20, 2018, 05:21:05 pm »

Anyone know of a published (web or otherwise, third party or not, any system) adventure that involves an earthquake, mining operations, plumbing, or related activity uncovering ruins, a dangerous cave system, <x> under the PCs' base of operations?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: September 20, 2018, 05:57:49 pm »

Shackled City is a 1-20 campaign that takes place over a dormant volcano. A few adventures take place beneath.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: September 20, 2018, 06:06:13 pm »

Anyone know of a published (web or otherwise, third party or not, any system) adventure that involves an earthquake, mining operations, plumbing, or related activity uncovering ruins, a dangerous cave system, <x> under the PCs' base of operations?

Undermountain? Just give the PCs the bar over top of it.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: September 20, 2018, 06:13:31 pm »

I'm aware that whatever I do is going to involve lots of work on my part to integrate it into our world. We're doing this west marches thing at the moment and are based out of a somewhat recently-constructed outpost. Given the west marches thing, I'm going to hack anything I do into one session or provide lots of Skyrim-style hidden exits.

The good news, there's not really a map yet so I can do just about anything.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: September 21, 2018, 09:45:02 am »

I know there's some Adventurer's League modules (one session adventures) that involve mining. I think there's one called Oubliette in Fort Iron that takes place in a mining outpost. Might give you some ideas.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: September 25, 2018, 09:27:14 pm »

Does a lance count as one-handed for blade singers and Kenseis?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: September 25, 2018, 09:49:24 pm »

Bladesinger: Yes, sorta. Bladesingers don't have a requirement to use a one handed weapon, their song simply stops if they use a weapon with two hands. So versatile weapons and laces are fine, so long as you don't use both hands to attack with (so with a lance you'd need to be mounted to attack and not lose the song)

Kenseis? I think probably the plural of Kensei is Kensei... Maybe. Anyway, no, they don't even have a requirement to use one handed weapons, but they do have a requirement to not use special weapons, like the lance (or heavy weapons, like all the proper two handed, but they can still two hand the versatile weapons).
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 623