Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 238102 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1290 on: June 17, 2015, 09:34:58 am »

Did the anti-divine enchatment of crowns do anything when crownbearers were teleported into Dungeon?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 17, 2015, 10:29:49 am »

Oh, Ants are a civilization; it's only that they have already been conquered twice, both times by someone empowered by a god. Ants have been at war for longer than all ring races combined. And with a divinely empowered monster combined with however many are hiding in the shadows, I truly doubt that there are any adventures on the first floor at the moment.
Uh what? Conquest is someone from the outside taking over, specifically with military force. The ants have had a civil war and some infighting but no foreign power has come and conquered them. In addition, suddenly mind controllers most certainly isn't conquest, since conquest is taking over via military force, while this was mind-control pheremones. The alphas weren't empowered, at least not publically, and also not by me, so only one set of "conquerors" were divinely empowered. The alphas also didn't conquer anyone, they just kind of filled up the vacuum left by the Archons being destroyed.

((When did I say that we should care for our races alone?))
You brushed off my concerns about you killing people by saying the gods should take care of their own worshippers. Ergo, you, Lorash, don't care about the worshippers of others and the other gods should take care of them if they don't want them to die in your attack.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:54:33 am by Demonic Spoon »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: June 17, 2015, 10:40:53 am »

That suggestion game I checked interest for is out: Prophet of Cim
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 17, 2015, 11:32:00 am »

Can someone make a lost of all the artifacts that have been made by which gods?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 17, 2015, 11:58:44 am »

Oh, Ants are a civilization; it's only that they have already been conquered twice, both times by someone empowered by a god. Ants have been at war for longer than all ring races combined. And with a divinely empowered monster combined with however many are hiding in the shadows, I truly doubt that there are any adventures on the first floor at the moment.
Uh what? Conquest is someone from the outside taking over, specifically with military force. The ants have had a civil war and some infighting but no foreign power has come and conquered them. In addition, suddenly mind controllers most certainly isn't conquest, since conquest is taking over via military force, while this was mind-control pheremones. The alphas weren't empowered, at least not by me, so only one set of "conquerors" were divinely empowered. The alphas also didn't conquer anyone, they just kind of filled up the vacuum left by the Archons being destroyed.

((When did I say that we should care for our races alone?))
You brushed off my concerns about you killing people by saying the gods should take care of their own worshippers. Ergo, you, Lorash, don't care about the worshippers of others and the other gods should take care of them if they don't want them to die in your attack.

Guess it would be more like rebelion supported by outside forces, though one could still argue that the uplifted ants would serve a diferent god, who, being an outsider, would then count as conqueror.

As for saving others there, it was an atempt to get other gods, especialy creator of dungeon, involved. I'm basicly dry on energies, can't realy go around wasting it.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 17, 2015, 07:53:35 pm »

$$$
PRICECHECK:
Pricecheck on a race of sapient spiders, sized like dogs, who are able to weave more space into small locations (1m+ per day). They are prone at weaving and can't see well during bright sunlight. They have a diet of fungi and meat.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: June 17, 2015, 08:04:53 pm »

$$$

Pricecheck on a sapient lifeform twice as smart as a human and twice as weak as them.

Edit: Forget it, I decided to do it now.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:31:14 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1297 on: June 17, 2015, 09:41:20 pm »

I am BACK! Cruise is over and I'm chilling at home. Now I can actually talk and do stuff!

Quote from: Stirk
Human Minstrel: I heard there was a sacred cord that you could play to please the lord, but you don't really care for music, do you?
Lol at the song reference.
What reference?

If the God of Souls, I forget her name did that, it would cost 8k Essence.
Iliseth.

I'd like to get some of those prayers eventualy.
Too late, all your followers now believe you're giving them the silent treatment.
5% commit suicide out of desperation, 10% leave for other faiths, and the rest worship you even harder, hoping you'll come back eventually.
I lol'd at this.

Was the 3 Power required to destroy the penguin's soul or did you just assume I'd use it all?
It was a very strong penguin.
It was their emperor.
Now the penguin lands are in deep civil war, because their emperor was the only thing keeping their people in peace.
Thousands of penguins die each day, and it's all your fault.
I lol'd at this too.

Also create the soul-gathering system for the Great Trees and Saplings. If Iliseth is willing to help, great. If not, that works too. They probably won't since they won't be benefiting from it directly, though.
Can someone tell me what this is? This is extremely relevant to my interests and I need to know what it is as soon as possible.

I'd like to know what's going on with Humanity at the moment. Apparently some guy is empowered by a god and is conquering places? He also has a way to travel to the other fragments? I'm skimming but there's a lot to skim and a lot of stuff happens in conversations which I'm skimming even more. Oh and thanks for messing with my one and only race while I was away on a cruise and unable to even tell what was going on, let alone react to it.

EDIT: Actually, can I just get a run-down of generally important stuff that's happened in the last 3 Ticks?

EDIT2: Can I look at souls without soul sense? You keep referring to soul sense as NV goggles so I'm guessing if I stop using it I'll still be able to see souls.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:00:38 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: June 17, 2015, 09:50:17 pm »

This song, Andres.

You could at least try using the internet before asking. :P

Although it's secret, not sacred, Stirk. :P Though they both fit.

I've described it in this thread, Andres. If you look up [Souls Great Trees] in the thread search, it shouldn't be hard to find.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 17, 2015, 09:55:33 pm »

This song, Andres.

You could at least try using the internet before asking. :P
I didn't know which part of that line was the reference. Apparently it was all a reference. I now know that references are allowed....

I've described it in this thread, Andres. If you look up [Souls Great Trees] in the thread search, it shouldn't be hard to find.
Thank you.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: June 17, 2015, 10:45:12 pm »

Stirk is allowed to make references.

Not quite the same as players doing so.

Though I am half Treebeard.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 18, 2015, 12:52:54 am »

I have no idea what the deal is with these Dwarves and I read the updates. What exactly is going on between Dwarves and Humanity?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 18, 2015, 12:56:14 am »

Human. Dwarf. Sapling. Aag. Ant. Long ago, the five races lived in harmony. Then everything changed when the Dwarves attacked. Only Iliseth, Goddess of Blood, could save them. But when the worlds needed her most, she vanished.

I.e, Clan Rilem Dwarves (one of my sideprojects) is invading weak human polities. They are currently maintaining a non-aggression pact with the Great Tribe.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 18, 2015, 01:30:53 am »

I don't recall, but we can't cancel actions once they've been publicly countered right?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 166