Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 238015 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1605 on: June 26, 2015, 09:50:02 pm »

Prolly nightmare deity for the spikewolf nightmares. That'll be fixed shortly though. Nilva has a plan.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: June 26, 2015, 10:00:24 pm »

To be fair. Iliseth has been acting like an immature teenage girl for the majority of her existence. She doesn't really come across as a Blood for The Blood God kind of person.
Blood for the blood god hasn't been in effect since I'm with a "good" pantheon. Loyalty is more important to her than killing and she wouldn't want to do something that would upset her allies. (Non-realpolitick reason.) As for the "immature teenage girl" thing, I'll have to fix that. Mostly it's a result of slipping back into Malakath and getting involved with everything. I'm slowly getting a reign back on the character.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: June 26, 2015, 10:09:02 pm »

It is kind of funny though. Compare the gods in this game to the ones in the original Ye Gods.
I'd say at least half of the gods in the other one were... well maybe not scary but definitely not nice.

I quite miss the city destroying monsters, merciless angels and the often insane actions of the gods.
I'm sure we'll see some of that here eventually though.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: June 26, 2015, 10:11:46 pm »

It is kind of funny though. Compare the gods in this game to the ones in the original Ye Gods.
I'd say at least half of the gods in the other one were... well maybe not scary but definitely not nice.

I quite miss the city destroying monsters, merciless angels and the often insane actions of the gods.
I'm sure we'll see some of that here eventually though.

If I can keep it alive that long  :-\.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: June 26, 2015, 10:14:31 pm »

How long did it take before the first ones of those appeared, gman?

Don't forget, we're only on tick 15....
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: June 26, 2015, 10:19:02 pm »

This game is pretty amazing. Nearly at 100 pages in the IC, over 100 in the OOC, and it's only Tick 15! True, the space between Ticks is a few days long compared to Ye God's one day but still! That's huge!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: June 26, 2015, 10:40:36 pm »

Just ask yourself, "Would Fusil give up?" ;D

I suppose when this does eventually die, I'll probably fade away from the forum again until someone sends me a message letting me know there's another similar god game I can join. :P

How long did it take before the first ones of those appeared, gman?

Don't forget, we're only on tick 15....

Good point. I don't think things got too exciting until about a third of the way through. So, with a total of 110 ticks, I guess we could say that was around tick 30ish... But if Stirk is gonna burn out sooner than KJP, we need to work faster!

Join me Rolepgeek! Join me in accelerating the pace of this game so that we may face world destroying monsters before it's too late! I can't do it on my meager essence income alone!
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: June 26, 2015, 10:46:35 pm »

Just ask yourself, "Would Fusil give up?" ;D

He gave up on a lot of things all the time  :-\. Mostly started fighting something, something else came up, then he fought that while forgetting about his old enemy.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: June 26, 2015, 10:50:35 pm »

In the name of Us, no! Not unless the world destroying monsters bear clear signs saying 'property of Utther/Mavnon'.

I'd like to able to see the cards more clearly this time without being Cim.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: June 26, 2015, 10:53:06 pm »

Lets just make a giant manbearpig.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: June 26, 2015, 10:57:45 pm »

He gave up on a lot of things all the time  :-\. Mostly started fighting something, something else came up, then he fought that while forgetting about his old enemy.
It was more like forfeiting the battle to win the war. You gave up on some fights but you never gave up on fighting!

In the name of Us, no! Not unless the world destroying monsters bear clear signs saying 'property of Utther/Mavnon'.

I'd like to able to see the cards more clearly this time without being Cim.
Wasn't almost all of it revealed at the end anyway? I thought all the detective work and the battles were pretty exciting personally.
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: June 26, 2015, 11:08:57 pm »

I wasn't really paying much attention towards the end. Was anyone whose name is not Cim or Fusil doing anything important?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 11:14:57 pm by Vgray »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: June 26, 2015, 11:17:53 pm »

There were several gods messing with time, a bunch of gods were making void pacts at the end, there was the demon attack, the zombie god attacks, the void attacks... ehh... I'm pretty sure there was more.

I feel like Grauel also did a lot but maybe I'm biased.
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: June 26, 2015, 11:18:07 pm »

I was thinking about reviving Yaos and fusing with him, if that counts. I wasn't actually planning to do so but considering I had everything I needed plus some valuable knowledge I reckon I could've if I actually tried. I dunno, maybe I would've eaten Fusil's soul, too. I kinda miss that soul-eating ability tbh.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: June 26, 2015, 11:33:54 pm »

Just because no one's tried it yet, doesn't mean it's not possible here. Personally I just don't have an IC reason to do so yet. Honestly it only happened once in the last game for my character so it's not something I do lightly but I think it still kinda fits for both our characters depending on circumstances.

I think Yaos was for real dead man. I did a lot of experimenting with that stuff in the last game and at the point you were at, I think it would have actually hurt your god to bring Yaos back. For example, the only thing that stopped Grauel from creating new "subservient god like entities" or basically npc gods under Grauel's control was that it used up his essence capacity. Not essence but essence capacity and a significant chunk at that. With how much Yaos was beaten into the ground, I find it hard to believe you could have pulled that off without serious consequences to your other character.

Edit:

I should clarify. Even those weren't really gods. They were more like the essence dragon. Actually creating a complete new god ran the risk that it would try to kill you immediately after being formed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 11:38:07 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 166