Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 240888 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1620 on: June 26, 2015, 11:42:10 pm »

Just because no one's tried it yet, doesn't mean it's not possible here. Personally I just don't have an IC reason to do so yet. Honestly it only happened once in the last game for my character so it's not something I do lightly but I think it still kinda fits for both our characters depending on circumstances.

I think Yaos was for real dead man. I did a lot of experimenting with that stuff in the last game and at the point you were at, I think it would have actually hurt your god to bring Yaos back. For example, the only thing that stopped Grauel from creating new "subservient god like entities" or basically npc gods under Grauel's control was that it used up his essence capacity. Not essence but essence capacity and a significant chunk at that. With how much Yaos was beaten into the ground, I find it hard to believe you could have pulled that off without serious consequences to your other character.

Edit:

I should clarify. Even those weren't really gods. They were more like the essence dragon. Actually creating a complete new god ran the risk that it would try to kill you immediately after being formed.

Technically, you could use a Living God and essentially transfer its Godhood to an NPC if you had wanted. In the Original, at least. It probably wouldn't have turned out well, but it was an option.

Yaos was dead dead, and if he came back, would only be killed again. Plus it would be kind of meta to revive your old character with your new one  ::).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: June 26, 2015, 11:52:51 pm »

If I can keep it alive that long  :-\.
Just ask yourself, "Would Fusil give up?" ;D

I suppose when this does eventually die, I'll probably fade away from the forum again until someone sends me a message letting me know there's another similar god game I can join. :P

How long did it take before the first ones of those appeared, gman?

Don't forget, we're only on tick 15....

Good point. I don't think things got too exciting until about a third of the way through. So, with a total of 110 ticks, I guess we could say that was around tick 30ish... But if Stirk is gonna burn out sooner than KJP, we need to work faster!

Join me Rolepgeek! Join me in accelerating the pace of this game so that we may face world destroying monsters before it's too late! I can't do it on my meager essence income alone!

So get help. That's what I did.

I have my own plans that may result in world-shattering consequences. Teburshe wants to go beyond the possible, after all...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: June 26, 2015, 11:54:09 pm »

Boring notes:

This information may or may not be useful and relevant in the future.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: June 26, 2015, 11:58:22 pm »

Well...all the Pantheons so far are around 4-5.

Then again, as was said earlier. Tick 15.

If you want any help running the game, Stirk(the non-secret actions, obviously), I'd be willing to try. If nothing else, I could try to run the Essence totals each tick, if you wanted me to.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: June 27, 2015, 12:15:58 am »

For example, the only thing that stopped Grauel from creating new "subservient god like entities" or basically npc gods under Grauel's control was that it used up his essence capacity. Not essence but essence capacity and a significant chunk at that.

I should clarify. Even those weren't really gods. They were more like the essence dragon. Actually creating a complete new god ran the risk that it would try to kill you immediately after being formed.
Interesting. I didn't think anyone else did that kind of research. What you're describing is actually just one way of doing it - one I didn't know was possible. The method I discovered did the same thing and you still had to give up capacity, except the being you create - while friendly/loyal and similar to yourself - is entirely independent. The bright side is that there was a 100% chance of success and it would never try to kill you upon creation, unlike your method. I won't reveal the method because I still need to do research on its possibility in Litany of the Void.

I think Yaos was for real dead man. I did a lot of experimenting with that stuff in the last game and at the point you were at, I think it would have actually hurt your god to bring Yaos back. With how much Yaos was beaten into the ground, I find it hard to believe you could have pulled that off without serious consequences to your other character.
There certainly would've been serious consequences but two things mitigated it. One is the power I would gain through fusion. The other is related to why I was ~8 times as powerful as Tykki.

Yaos was dead dead, and if he came back, would only be killed again. Plus it would be kind of meta to revive your old character with your new one  ::).
It wouldn't be as bad as you'd think. If I revived and fused with him in the same Tick, there wouldn't be any meta issues to worry about. It would just be me playing as a single god like normal.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:17:58 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: June 27, 2015, 12:50:20 am »

while friendly/loyal and similar to yourself - is entirely independent
I think that was the problem. A lot of it probably depended on the sphere and characteristics of what one attempts to create. As such, the god of hunger creating something with characteristics similar to itself would be very different from the god of goodness creating one with characteristics similar to itself. Another key point is of course the independence. Even if they are friendly and similar, there is absolutely no guarantee they will see eye to eye on all matters. One god of goodness may seek good just the same as the other but have different ways in which they go about it. I think of it almost like human twins with similar characteristics but where they can vary wildly in other regards. Another guess; if you recreated Yaos, he/she would have been independent of your control, under the gm's control and while potentially friendly, not necessarily inclined to want to fuse with you and forfeit its "independent consciousness" or whatever. There's almost innumerable other problems I could venture at the plan, but it's all just hypothetical so I probably won't get into it.

So get help. That's what I did.

I have my own plans that may result in world-shattering consequences. Teburshe wants to go beyond the possible, after all...
Sorry I was trying to be humorous. Asking you seriously to join forces with me OOC would probably be in bad taste.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: June 27, 2015, 01:00:10 am »

I know you were.

I was being serious, though. >:D
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: June 27, 2015, 02:00:40 am »

while friendly/loyal and similar to yourself - is entirely independent
I think that was the problem. A lot of it probably depended on the sphere and characteristics of what one attempts to create. As such, the god of hunger creating something with characteristics similar to itself would be very different from the god of goodness creating one with characteristics similar to itself. Another key point is of course the independence. Even if they are friendly and similar, there is absolutely no guarantee they will see eye to eye on all matters. One god of goodness may seek good just the same as the other but have different ways in which they go about it. I think of it almost like human twins with similar characteristics but where they can vary wildly in other regards.
Actually, spheres didn't really matter in such cases. No matter what spheres the gods had, they always became omnicidal monsters eventually. Spheres didn't matter when it came to fusion and the ability to resist having your soul eaten had nothing to do with your sphere. There are a few more clues that spheres didn't matter nearly as much as people thought but said clues I'm going to keep secret. You could be the god of Sacrificing Essence Capacity to Make God-Like Beings and still the only thing that mattered would be method.

Another guess; if you recreated Yaos, he/she would have been independent of your control, under the gm's control and while potentially friendly, not necessarily inclined to want to fuse with you and forfeit its "independent consciousness" or whatever. There's almost innumerable other problems I could venture at the plan, but it's all just hypothetical so I probably won't get into it.
I reckon if I didn't fuse with him, Yaos would've been controlled by the GM. As for its inclination to fusion, who do you think gave Malakath the idea? They were both willing to abandon their independent consciousnesses and the risks didn't matter to them. Malakath got her willingness after the change in personality via double-angel-soul/mind-assimilation.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: June 27, 2015, 08:32:48 am »

There certainly would've been serious consequences but two things mitigated it. One is the power I would gain through fusion. The other is related to why I was ~8 times as powerful as Tykki.

If you made 800E worth of Void Essence and expected it to have no consequences, you are kind of a fool  :-\.

It wouldn't be as bad as you'd think. If I revived and fused with him in the same Tick, there wouldn't be any meta issues to worry about. It would just be me playing as a single god like normal.

I mean "Lol Imma revive my last character!" is a meta action. It would kind of be like avenging Yaos's death with your new character, only in some ways worse. An action that you take as Andres instead of taking in character.

Andres, I read your method via PM, and that really probably wouldn't have worked in the long run. Even Angels can fall in the original Ye Gods. That is what the Journals where for....
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: June 27, 2015, 09:22:20 am »

The Clothier probably has nightmares about Nilva~
Speaking of nightmares.
Who's responsible for the spiky tentacle tongue wolf nightmares?

HMM I WONDER

:P

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: June 27, 2015, 11:13:38 am »

Speaking of nightmares.

HMM I WONDER

Actually, I wonder too. There are so many people playing this game I can only remember Mavnon, Nilva, Veruckckckckt, and Uztot. And even then I dont even remember what spheres they are besides Conflict and Wolves.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: June 27, 2015, 11:26:01 am »

Speaking of nightmares.

HMM I WONDER

Actually, I wonder too. There are so many people playing this game I can only remember Mavnon, Nilva, Veruckckckckt, and Uztot. And even then I dont even remember what spheres they are besides Conflict and Wolves.
Heh, so I'm one of the less noticeable ones? Great, then it's time to secretly eat some inactive gods.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: June 27, 2015, 11:33:51 am »

Speaking of nightmares.

HMM I WONDER

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=151027.msg6261325#msg6261325

Also, what's up with Utther? We haven't heard about him for ages.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: June 27, 2015, 11:38:43 am »

He's kicking it mortal style, trying to find a way to break his curse, all that jazz. Turns out being essentially a regular mortal makes you pretty unnoticeable when there are wars and revolutions raging across the fragments, Orc raids are going on, whole races are still being created, etc.
Life aint all that peaceful for mortals.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: June 27, 2015, 11:55:15 am »

He's kicking it mortal style, trying to find a way to break his curse, all that jazz. Turns out being essentially a regular mortal makes you pretty unnoticeable when there are wars and revolutions raging across the fragments, Orc raids are going on, whole races are still being created, etc.
Life aint all that peaceful for mortals.

Really? I thought he had been released a few ticks ago.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 166