Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 238011 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (17/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #765 on: June 03, 2015, 04:54:45 am »

I'm just gonna say it makes literally no sense for there to be a decades gap from sapient life creation to wildlife creation. In my head, animals were made simultaneously with everything else. Just didn't feel like going and editing into another post.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 03, 2015, 04:56:05 am »

That reminds me, do sphere discounts stack? So two blood gods working together on something blood related get a bigger discount then one blood one not?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 03, 2015, 04:57:29 am »

Kevak, I'm afraid I have to agree with Andres on this one, the technologies (pottery, agriculture and writing) were introduced before you made the wildlife.
I'm just gonna say it makes literally no sense for there to be a decades gap from sapient life creation to wildlife creation. In my head, animals were made simultaneously with everything else. Just didn't feel like going and editing into another post.
Quote from: Stirk
The new world, already filled with countless plants and several intelligent species, is now seeded with wildlife courtesy of Nilva. Many of these species seem to be based on wolves. Humans soon use the new pottery weaponry to go hunting, developing a taste for meat and have begun attempting to domesticate animals. Several other races have been developing different relationships with the new wildlife.  (Nilva -4E)
Wildlife came into existence after the other life on the planet

Further, Stirk's entire post regulary used words that indicate it was describing events happening in chronological order from first to last.

Spoiler: analysis (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:03:21 am by Demonic Spoon »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 03, 2015, 05:00:48 am »

Regardless, Wildlife was intended to have been made at the start of the tick. No rules were stated at any point regarding chronological timestamps.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 03, 2015, 05:03:54 am »

Regardless, Wildlife was intended to have been made at the start of the tick. No rules were stated at any point regarding chronological timestamps.
It doesn't make any mechanical difference to the best of my knowledge so whatevs.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 03, 2015, 05:09:04 am »

Well, it technically will be a mechanical issue down the line, puts people in certain timezones at a disadvantage due to their actions always being decades late because they can't post in time.

I think it should be assumed that any action that takes time should be done at the beginning of a tick, excluding when stated otherwise or if it's a reactionary action towards another deity's action.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 03, 2015, 05:16:46 am »

I personally think it's fine as it is. Doing all that stuff just adds more layers of complexity to the already large complexity of Litany of the Void.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #772 on: June 03, 2015, 06:17:50 am »

Updated the Ironwood trees. The larger trees are now effectively reinforced with rebar.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 03, 2015, 06:48:25 am »

Updated the Ironwood trees. The larger trees are now effectively reinforced with rebar.
Update your IC post instead of whatever it was you updated. Or at least link/quote the post you updated.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:53:34 am by Demonic Spoon »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 03, 2015, 09:10:35 am »

$$$
Pricecheck on sapient space-whales of 2km in size, that live of solar energy and occassionally drop gems that increase fertility on the places where they drop. They should be black of colouration and should hold six side fins.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 03, 2015, 09:20:16 am »

The ambition of one of the gods here is to destroy space and basically make it the Warp. Keep that in mind.
You've said this before, and it's false. I don't want to destroy space, I want to twist it into a pretzel. Also, the Warp? I have no plans on making a hell-dimension devoid of logic or sanity, polluted by the negative emotions of trillions which manifest as daemons.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:28:03 am by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 03, 2015, 12:14:00 pm »

If I can still join:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Added you to the list. Sounds like an interesting concept, can't wait to see how it will end up. :)

Edit:
The ambition of one of the gods here is to destroy space and basically make it the Warp. Keep that in mind.
You've said this before, and it's false. I don't want to destroy space, I want to twist it into a pretzel. Also, the Warp? I have no plans on making a hell-dimension devoid of logic or sanity, polluted by the negative emotions of trillions which manifest as daemons.

Why is it that I'm the only one that seems to believe you? I don't get it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:15:45 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 03, 2015, 07:37:49 pm »

Is it possible to use Power to possess a Dwarf/Human/Other and have them make an artifact a la Dwarf Fortress?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 03, 2015, 08:17:47 pm »

That's a good idea.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 03, 2015, 08:18:37 pm »

I agree.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 166