Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 234438 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (4/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 12:05:54 am »

Character's done, on a spur-of-the-moment idea.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 12:18:58 am »

I only just realizes Andres asked if you would let me play.

What's more is, I posted my sheet immediately after he posted those questions.

I find that hilarious.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (3/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 12:21:59 am »

I'll try a less abstract sphere, I think. That might help. FAKEDIT: Well, everyone else did concepts...maybe I can too.
My spheres aren't abstract... :-\

knowlage
Why did I have to make fun of that typo?

*Shrugs*
Is looking at people's souls a free action? What about for a god of Souls?

(For example, trying to create a sapient being out of Power will probably act oddly).
I would've thought they'd just disappear from existence. My OOC desire to do !!SCIENCE!! is conflicting with my IC desire to not be a dick! Aaaargh!!!

That is two questions! You are throwing the entire system off!
do what i want

Power doesn't have to be used to destroy, it can have nondestructive uses. The system is generally supposed to make it more easy to create then it was in Ye Gods. For example, I disconnected "Hit Points" and "Essence" so that paranoid Gods could spend as much as they want without fear of dying. Power itself is meant to benefit more active Gods, by letting them spend things without loosing essence, in turn making them spend more essence on creation. Besides that-Conflict was one of the most fun parts of Ye Gods.
It's kinda defined as "energy of destruction" so it's more than a bit misleading. Separating Essence from HP was a very wise choice. Conflict was indeed one of the most fun parts of Ye Gods but too much of a good thing can be bad.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 12:56:04 am »

Name: Izgamlo
Sphere: Primary: Magic; Secondary: Portals
Primary form: A massive, living portal, forming a silhouette of whatever physical thing the viewer fears the most. Where the portal leads to, and thus displays in the silhouette varies widely, from a innocuous field of flowers to the blinding light of the sun.
Associated symbol: A small black Anti-Sun symbol, that sucks in ambient light
Description/Background: Izgamlo wishes to access the mysterious existing magic via means of a great Portal, and learn how it works, and how she can use it. In addition, Izgamlo wishes to bend and warp space like one would mould clay into a work of art, riddling it with portals, making movement unpredictable. To achieve these goals, it is willing to work with other gods, as well following the adage of "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours".
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:50:40 am by Demonic Spoon »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 04:28:06 am »

Name: Uztot Mailug
Sphere: Kinship, Blood
Primary form: An old man with a permanent smile on his face
Associated symbol:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Description/Background: The greatest bonds are borne of blood. The blood of the innocent and guilty alike, this is what connects all beings, so that they shall have purpose. So that they shall have happiness. So that they shall belong. Uztot Mailug realizes this above all, and cherishes every mortal union.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 10:10:11 pm by Vgray »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 04:32:34 am »

Name:
Sphere: Family/Kinship, Blood
Primary form/associated symbol:
Description/Background: The greatest bonds are borne of blood.

I'll call it a preliminary character. I'm not stepping on any toes am I Andres?

And I know I'm cheating with the primary sphere. I'll pick a suitably broad word later. Maybe just kinship?
Mmm? I don't recall us being restricted from choosing ridiculously specific spheres? I mean, you can probably have a sphere of fireflies or something, and just massively proliferate fireflies through the universe. Those stars? Fireflies. The sun. A really big firefly! That planet, it has lots of normal fireflies! Souls? They're magical incorpereal fireflies parasites symbiont eggs inside living creatures that hatch when they die! Intelligent species of worshippers? Fireflies ofc, like duh. Magic? It works by consuming fireflies. The plague? Actually fireflies that cause sickness.

Etc.

I was sort of tempted to take a silly sphere, like Dance.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 04:43:20 am »

Yeah, a sphere can be as broad or specific as the player wants. In the original Ye Gods, the broadness of a sphere affected its power to some extent. Cim's ridiculously broad sphere of Order gave a discount to many, many things but I still had to plan around substantial costs on pretty much everything. Meanwhile, KI'Tork's very specific sphere of Kitchens allowed him to give everyone kitchens and related things at literally no cost.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 04:51:05 am »

Yeah, a sphere can be as broad or specific as the player wants. In the original Ye Gods, the broadness of a sphere affected its power to some extent. Cim's ridiculously broad sphere of Order gave a discount to many, many things but I still had to plan around substantial costs on pretty much everything. Meanwhile, KI'Tork's very specific sphere of Kitchens allowed him to give everyone kitchens and related things at literally no cost.
I can imagine that if someone took a pretty specific race sphere, like the aforementioned fireflies, they'd pretty soon become some sort of firefly master race.

Firefly god invests all his essence into fireflies! Fireflies are more awesome and fireflyie than ever!

The benefits of specialization

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2015, 04:55:27 am »

Andres played a god of Humans. Yaos didn't manage (or try?) to make them a master race, and instead got killed half a dozen times for unrelated reasons.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2015, 04:56:40 am »

Eh. I was never quite happy with the spheres Azem had. Maybe if Azem had actually been a bad guy.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 04:58:00 am »

Andres played a god of Humans. Yaos didn't manage (or try?) to make them a master race, and instead got killed half a dozen times for unrelated reasons.
Yeah, that sounds more like him not playing smart than anything, though I have a Ye Gods tab open that I will examine eventually.

Eh. I was never quite happy with the spheres Azem had. Maybe if Azem had actually been a bad guy.
Who is Azem?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 05:03:10 am »

My old god from the original YG. God of Greed and Trade, later god of Wealth and Trade.

I never did much with him. It was fun having him spiral into depression and rage at the gods for being apathetic jerks though.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2015, 05:07:46 am »

depression and rage
Ah, memories. Cim sure had a lot of fun with the Mountwyrms while Azem was away.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 05:11:26 am »

I'll call it a preliminary character. I'm not stepping on any toes am I Andres?
Just take it.

How funny would be it to have three gods with the exact same sphere? It would be a trainwreck, but it would be funny.
The 3 Fire Gods have an argument!
Keshan and Slytha have both been burnt to a crisp!
Everything alive has burned to death!

Khazziraad looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
3 fire gods have been struck down!

Khaziraad has created GodGrave, an artifact star!
This is an artifact sun. All quality is of the higest craftgodship. It is made of a dead fire god. It is adorned with rings of dead fire god. On the artifact sun is an immage of god and gods in dead fire god. The god is smiting down the gods. This immage comemorates Khaziraad enforcing "no mass destruction" rule on Tick xx.
Multiple fire gods: Just for hilarity, I think I'll allow it.
:))

Didn't manage. If Fusil hadn't declared a vendetta on me Humanity would've been ruling the stars in just a few dozen Ticks. Of course my rival just had to be Fusil - the one god with enough firepower to stop me. Also, I was perma-killed a total of five times. I take it with pride that I survived the very literally unsurvivable five times in a row. It was actually really easy and cheap to do, too.

Yeah, that sounds more like him not playing smart than anything, though I have a Ye Gods tab open that I will examine eventually.
You should've seen the massive army I had. Seriously, only Strike Team Fusil could've stopped it, which they proceeded to do by striking the heart of the army (me and my archangels).

Who is Azem?
The Dragon-God of Wealth. Vgray's profile picture is Azem. Yaos was friendly to him because it was Azem who created Humans and by extension Yaos.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:17:45 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 05:16:57 am »

I'm almost afraid to ask what Cim did.

Is that a challenge Andres?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 166