Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 234424 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (4/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2015, 06:00:57 am »

Question: can gods reproduce or at the very least produce weaker offspring?
C'mere I need to test something...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2015, 06:05:06 am »

ooh, another YG! Count me in!
Spoiler: Alicia (click to show/hide)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2015, 07:36:32 am »

Seeing as Kalpa's ground itself to a halt...

Name: Gai-gen
Spheres: Primary(engineering), Secondary(architecture).
Primary Form/Associated Symbol: A bunch of floating, whirling, gears. In perpetual motion.
Description/Background: Gai-gen is the embodiment of mechanical technology, and as such he is nearly void of emotion... mostly. Also loves to build structures. Has a fondness for golems.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2015, 07:48:31 am »

Seeing as Kalpa's ground itself to a halt...

All my reports will be done by next week so there should be an update coming up soonish.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2015, 07:51:12 am »

So... uh

$$$

How much power/essence would it take to bore a hole through that foggy bulletproof glass so I can get my hands on the sweet sweet mysterious ambient energy magics? I'm assuming power would be valid in the use of creating a permanent hole through the focused application of force?

How much essence to create a conventional sun?

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2015, 07:55:45 am »

Damn, magic and engineering have both been taken. Again.

Let's try something different...
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
I'll come up with a personality later.

So, anyone wanna help me bore a hole in the fabric of reality so that we can release magic we know nothing about upon the universe?
Without clicking the link, I'm suddenly very paranoid about releasing magic. Maybe it's because I've read the Wheel of Time series.
Spoiler: Minor spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:10:08 am by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2015, 07:58:43 am »

So, anyone wanna help me bore a hole in the fabric of reality so that we can release magic we know nothing about upon the universe?
Without clicking the link, I'm suddenly very paranoid about releasing magic. Maybe it's because I've read the Wheel of Time series.
Spoiler: Minor spoiler (click to show/hide)
My "the ways this could go horribly wrong" thoughts actually drifted more in the direction of D&D elves who built a gate linking to the Far Realm from which eldritch horrors poured forth.

Also, the whole council thing of Ye Gods is pretty unappealing to me. We don't have anything like that in Litany right?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:06:13 am by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2015, 08:21:23 am »

A new ye gods :O!!
I'm definitively in. Hopefully this one will last longer.
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Edit: And I'll definitively help drilling that wall thing! But I think we should wait until we're ready do defend ourselves before just in case that it brings a sea of abominations.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:12:50 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2015, 08:27:29 am »

I am going to have to leave some time in the next hour, no clue when. So I *might* not be able to get to everything until I get home from work. Ill see what I can do now, and if I have to leave before I am done, Ill finish later. I'm probably half asleep now anyway  :P.

Character's done, on a spur-of-the-moment idea.

....So...where is it?

Is looking at people's souls a free action? What about for a god of Souls?

*Shrugs Harder*

I would've thought they'd just disappear from existence. My OOC desire to do !!SCIENCE!! is conflicting with my IC desire to not be a dick! Aaaargh!!!

You may have assumed that  :P. Power can do "almost" everything Essence can. There are a few things it has trouble with, which will be more fun to find out IC.

It's kinda defined as "energy of destruction" so it's more than a bit misleading. Separating Essence from HP was a very wise choice. Conflict was indeed one of the most fun parts of Ye Gods but too much of a good thing can be bad.

The energy is of destruction, but it doesn't have to be used that way. That is supposed to be confusing. If there is too much conflict, I can make a rule change. This was generally meant to let people create without taking away from their abilities to do other things, so they wouldn't be so paranoid and would generally create more.

Name: Izgamlo
Sphere: Primary: Magic Secondary: Portals & Thresholds
Primary form: A massive, living portal, forming a silhouette of whatever physical thing the viewer fears the most. Where the portal leads to, and thus displays in the silhouette varies widely, from a innocuous field of flowers to the blinding light of the sun.
Associated symbol: A small black Anti-Sun symbol, that sucks in ambient light
Description/Background: Izgamlo wishes to access the mysterious existing magic via means of a great Portal, and learn how it works, and how she can use it. In addition, Izgamlo wishes to bend and warp space like one would mould clay into a work of art, riddling it with portals, making movement unpredictable. To achieve these goals, it is willing to work with other gods, as well following the adage of "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours".

Accepted, but I am counting "Portals" as your secondary sphere. You only get one secondary, most thresholds will be counted under it anyway  :P. Sorry about that.

Name:
Sphere: Kinship, Blood
Primary form/associated symbol:
Description/Background: The greatest bonds are borne of blood. Blood spilt, blood sacrificed.

I'll call it a preliminary character. I'm not stepping on any toes am I Andres?

And I know I'm cheating with the primary sphere. I'll pick a suitably broad word later. Maybe just kinship?

I can only imagine what it once was  :-\. As it is, it is accepted. Feel free to change it, before the game start would be best.

Sphere Broadness:

Generally, I try to do what KJP did. More broad spheres give you smaller bonuses to a lot of things, while really specific spheres give you larger bonus to only a few things. It also effects how high your "Influence" is. If you are the god of "EVERYTHING!", then things simply existing will give you practically no essence, while the god of "Fireflies" from your examples would receive a livable income from a modest amount of insects.

Andres played a god of Humans. Yaos didn't manage (or try?) to make them a master race, and instead got killed half a dozen times for unrelated reasons.
Yeah, that sounds more like him not playing smart than anything, though I have a Ye Gods tab open that I will examine eventually.

To be fair, if he tried making humans the master race, I would have killed him a dozen times for related reasons instead  :P.

You should've seen the massive army I had. Seriously, only Strike Team Fusil could've stopped it, which they proceeded to do by striking the heart of the army (me and my archangels).

Then Cim nuked everything anyway, and I could have at any point  ::).

63 Ticks.

I think I will be driven insane before he is at that rate...

Question: can gods reproduce or at the very least produce weaker offspring?

Not with other Gods. Demigods can be made in several ways (requiring Essence to actually show powers), but not physical touching. Gods generally just magically appear out of nowhere for mysterious and unimportant reasons, and can not be simply made.

ooh, another YG! Count me in!
Spoiler: Alicia (click to show/hide)

Accepted. Welcome back. I am just tired enough to read the name as "Mother of Mucus".

It probably won't be too destructive, to start out at least  :P. Generally this was added so that you could all have the more "mysterious" type of magic the original Ye Gods had, a lot of that game was finding out about the universe. After all, if you create it yourselves you would know everything about it  :P.

Name: Gai-gen
Spheres: Primary(engineering), Secondary(architecture).
Primary Form/Associated Symbol: A bunch of floating, whirling, gears. In perpetual motion.
Description/Background: Gai-gen is the embodiment of mechanical technology, and as such he is nearly void of emotion... mostly. Also loves to build structures. Has a fondness for golems.
[/quote]

Accepted!

And... bye! Work time!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2015, 08:37:42 am »

There aren't any rules to different gods having the same sphere to the best of my knowledge if you really have your heart set on either magic or engineering.

Edit: And I'll definitively help drilling that wall thing! But I think we should wait until we're ready do defend ourselves before just in case that it brings a sea of abominations.
My comrade!
Quote from: Stirk
It probably won't be too destructive, to start out at least  :P. Generally this was added so that you could all have the more "mysterious" type of magic the original Ye Gods had, a lot of that game was finding out about the universe. After all, if you create it yourselves you would know everything about it  :P.
Hey, you heard Stirk, the mystery magic will be perfectly safe! We can bore it up immediately and become filthy rich magic-oil barons!

Character's done, on a spur-of-the-moment idea.

....So...where is it?
He edited it into his original post. Here's a link.
Spoiler: And a quote (click to show/hide)

Name: Izgamlo
Sphere: Primary: Magic Secondary: Portals & Thresholds
Primary form: A massive, living portal, forming a silhouette of whatever physical thing the viewer fears the most. Where the portal leads to, and thus displays in the silhouette varies widely, from a innocuous field of flowers to the blinding light of the sun.
Associated symbol: A small black Anti-Sun symbol, that sucks in ambient light
Description/Background: Izgamlo wishes to access the mysterious existing magic via means of a great Portal, and learn how it works, and how she can use it. In addition, Izgamlo wishes to bend and warp space like one would mould clay into a work of art, riddling it with portals, making movement unpredictable. To achieve these goals, it is willing to work with other gods, as well following the adage of "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours".

Accepted, but I am counting "Portals" as your secondary sphere. You only get one secondary, most thresholds will be counted under it anyway  :P. Sorry about that.
Mmm? Oh that's fine, I just thought portals and thresholds might be similar enough that I might swing them being a single secondary sphere but just Portals is a-ok.
Name:
Sphere: Kinship, Blood
Primary form/associated symbol:
Description/Background: The greatest bonds are borne of blood. Blood spilt, blood sacrificed.

I'll call it a preliminary character. I'm not stepping on any toes am I Andres?

And I know I'm cheating with the primary sphere. I'll pick a suitably broad word later. Maybe just kinship?

I can only imagine what it once was  :-\. As it is, it is accepted. Feel free to change it, before the game start would be best.
It was Family/Kinship, you can see his original post enshrined directly below his post in my quote. :))
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:43:46 am by Demonic Spoon »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2015, 08:40:37 am »

There aren't any rules to different gods having the same sphere to the best of my knowledge if you really have your heart set on either magic or engineering.

I know, I just wanted to play something unique.
Sig text

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2015, 08:45:56 am »

I know, I just wanted to play something unique.
Fair enough, but could you perhaps give some sort of indication of what kind of personality or goals you gods have? Life and Death is kind of vague. All I'm getting from that is that your god might be a fan of "balance" in some sort of metaphysical sense.  :-\

Helps me get IC when potentially interacting with your god in the future.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2015, 08:47:08 am »

Fair enough, but could you perhaps give some sort of indication of what kind of personality or goals you gods have? Life and Death is kind of vague. All I'm getting from that is that your god might be a fan of "balance" in some sort of metaphysical sense.  :-\

Helps me get IC when potentially interacting with your god in the future.

I haven't decided yet.
Sig text

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2015, 09:21:36 am »

Then Cim nuked everything anyway, and I could have at any point  ::).
As I've explained multiple times both IC and OOC, Cim didn't. I am being completely the-game's-already-over honest. I had extrapolated (I didn't even have any hard knowledge) that someone is going to use a WMD and kill everyone, so I sent my troops invisible and intangible to provide magical support against STF, using the later-standardized probability shenanigans (which were also why Cim was winning the snow fight until a certain someone made it a rock fight instead). Cim had nothing to do with the explosion, except noticing a few omens that is was to come.

He edited it into his original post. Here's a link.
And a quote
Thanks. I was going to prod him with a PM to avoid awkwardness, but you're saving me a bit of trouble.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 166