Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 236521 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (15/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #270 on: May 29, 2015, 09:48:51 pm »

Ill just say the same price as a normal sun (Creation), since they serve the same purpose. They are a little different from a normal sun, but easier to make offsetting any costs.
So there's no effective difference between making a small red sun, a medium yellow sun, and a large blue sun? Swords are much easier to make than stars, so why don't they cost 20E? The system makes no sense. Ease of use should be what increases the price - not ease of creation. Increased ease of creation should decrease the price, if anything. A sword, for example, is very easy to use and so would theoretically cost a lot, but the ease of making the sword drops the cost so much that it's literally free. I'm talking about a mundane sword, btw.

Indeed. This game isn't just about 'oh let's all do our own thing and create seperately so we never have to come into contact with one another.

It's a multiplayer game. So let's multiplay.
Then we won't have different world types. One would can be relatively peaceful, another can be like Keshan was in Ye Gods, another can be in a state of Only War, etc. If you say that we can get all that from a single world, then what's the difference? Why can't we just chill in our own private sections of the world? What's stopping us from doing that?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:50:49 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 29, 2015, 09:51:43 pm »

I like the idea of a small amount of planets too, but don't let that taint your opinion  :P

Just for the record, I will likely not make space an issue, in the same way that Ye Gods didn't make it an issue. I am not about to go "Oh, that is a cool idea and all, but you have no where to put it! Oh well.". It will only be a problem if things get absurd or someone tries to make it a problem.

EDIT: Also, price check $$$ on a smaller, cooler sun that we place the planets nearer to. Would it be cheaper or no?

$$$ANSWER
No, since it has the exact same purpose and would change literally nothing about the sun's function.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 29, 2015, 09:59:24 pm »

I don't think it would be literally free in this case, Andres...

Alrighty then, though, Stirk.

Advice, by the way, Andres: Argue less with the GM.

On a different note, because then we're playing a forum version of Minecraft, rather than Litany of the Void. Multiple planets is cool and all and I think four to five would be fine, but partially I just want them for constellations and particularly bright 'stars'.

$$$
How much for a starry night sky, Stirk? Not actual stars, but the appearance? Very low, because it's 'cosmetic'? And what do you guys want to make the sky like, since we can do basically anything?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 29, 2015, 10:01:06 pm »

Are you actually telling me that it would cost 1 or more Essence to create a mundane, mortal-quality sword? Seriously?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 29, 2015, 10:08:51 pm »

Ill just say the same price as a normal sun (Creation), since they serve the same purpose. They are a little different from a normal sun, but easier to make offsetting any costs.
So there's no effective difference between making a small red sun, a medium yellow sun, and a large blue sun? Swords are much easier to make than stars, so why don't they cost 20E? The system makes no sense. Ease of use should be what increases the price - not ease of creation. Increased ease of creation should decrease the price, if anything. A sword, for example, is very easy to use and so would theoretically cost a lot, but the ease of making the sword drops the cost so much that it's literally free. I'm talking about a mundane sword, btw.

Indeed. This game isn't just about 'oh let's all do our own thing and create seperately so we never have to come into contact with one another.

It's a multiplayer game. So let's multiplay.
Then we won't have different world types. One would can be relatively peaceful, another can be like Keshan was in Ye Gods, another can be in a state of Only War, etc. If you say that we can get all that from a single world, then what's the difference? Why can't we just chill in our own private sections of the world? What's stopping us from doing that?

My torus world would be big enough to allow people to choose whenever they want to interact with each other or not when they decide to place their stuff, considering it would be big enough that a human could probably never hope to go from one end to another in his lifetime. We'd probably need to scale down everything to make such a planet possible, which should in theory reduce the cost of everything.

Fakedit: Or not, apparently the game doesn't work that way.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 29, 2015, 10:09:58 pm »

A planet long enough to go around a spiral sun would either have to be very thin or very expensive.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 29, 2015, 10:10:27 pm »

Heads up folks, I made a last minute edit the descripion of my god. I might've just become the unoffical god of marriage.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 29, 2015, 10:11:47 pm »

You were already the unofficial god of marriage. Either that or the official god of marriage.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 29, 2015, 10:14:47 pm »

$$$ANSWER

Cosmetic Sky features: 0-3E, real stars or no, depending on complexity and mechanism. If a majority of the Gods agree on it, it will probably be done for free.

Fakedit: Or not, apparently the game doesn't work that way.

It could if you really wanted it to, but "Out of room, sorry!" sounds boring and half of you seem to be trying to make ways to get around it anyway  :-\.

A planet long enough to go around a spiral sun would either have to be very thin or very expensive.

If every god participated, with a solar-system bonus, it wouldn't be too absurdly expensive to do. It would probably take 3-6E from everyone to go around with a decent girth.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 29, 2015, 10:19:54 pm »

If every god participated, with a solar-system bonus, it wouldn't be too absurdly expensive to do. It would probably take 3-6E from everyone to go around with a decent girth.

That's why I mentioned the idea of a smaller scale for everything. I do realize that at IRL scale, the torus would be either incredibly thin or ridiculously oversized and far too long to be practical in either case.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 29, 2015, 10:23:27 pm »

*Shrugs* It wasn't until I started typing the word 'union' that I realized how popular my god will be at weddings.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 29, 2015, 10:25:20 pm »

Are you actually telling me that it would cost 1 or more Essence to create a mundane, mortal-quality sword? Seriously?
I'm telling you it would cost 1 essence to make a single sword, yes. Thus, why Gods shouldn't be wasting their time with such trivialities. To make a thousand swords would probably also cost 1 essence, and still be a waste of time. Because otherwise, people will make a single sword ten thousand times, and if it's 'literally free', well.

But yes, seriously. Gods shouldn't be wasting time on such things.

EDIT: What about we just make a planet that slowly increases in size as time goes on and activity takes place on it? That way there will always be enough room. Since physics can probably work how we want them to, Gravity wouldn't have to increase very much either.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 29, 2015, 11:50:21 pm »

Quote from: Stirk
Strength is more "What can be done with this magic by the average user?", and is generally much more abstract. The general effects will very from user to user in most magic systems unless specified otherwise. A novice will be able to do less then an experienced user who will be able to do less then the archangel specifically designed to use the magic who has trained for centuries.
Okay, but how am I supposed to specify the strength then? Could you give me some examples please? I need something to work with here.

$$$
How much for a starry night sky, Stirk? Not actual stars, but the appearance? Very low, because it's 'cosmetic'? And what do you guys want to make the sky like, since we can do basically anything?
This is actually what I pricechecked a glowing asteroid belt for! :))

And for an unusual universe suggestion, I suggest a vertical spiral shaped sun with a torus shaped planet around it, with the moons rotating around portions of said planet. Here's a quick sketch of my idea:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The main advantage of this setup is that it allows a theoretically infinite number of planets of similar climates without having to make a new star for each.
While it's a very interesting concept, I'm going to have to -1 for two reasons. The first is that it's needlessly complicated and my own personal preference lies with a normal solar system.
Haha what? It's not complicated at all. You drunk Andres.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:58:49 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 30, 2015, 12:10:56 am »

So if something that takes a certain amount of time before it can be used is cheaper than something that can be used instantly, does that mean we can get a cheaper price on a sun if we just created a nebula and wait for a few Ticks? Can we then speed that process up with Power?

Is there some way we can get constellations with actual magical properties like their were in Ye Gods for free? Any god could make them at any time for free and they'd have actual magical properties.

Do souls have the same lethality/blast radius they had in Ye Gods? (3.736 metres killing radius/minimum blast radius)

$$$
Price check for 10k humans that can shoot lasers out of their eyes
Price check for creating a Kratos equivalent assuming there's no Ersatz rule (nothing can go wrong with this)
Price check on creating a megabeast
Price check on creating 3k sapient Hydras because you never answered that one
Price check on creating 10k sapient talking cats
Price check on creating a combat-enhanced angel
Price check on creating a Unique angel
Price check on creating a Unique combat-enhanced angel (aka an archangel)
Price check on creating a gun that can shoot souls like bullets
Price check on creating a forge that can be used to make artifacts worth 3E or less for free
Price check on creating a forge that allows Power to be used instead of Essence for making permanent artifacts
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:30:11 am by Andres »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 30, 2015, 01:52:55 am »

Looks complicated, but I'd like to give it a shot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:02:17 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 166