Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 237793 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #555 on: May 31, 2015, 11:42:10 pm »

stirk: Do you have any preferences for how detailed we make our creations?

Also, to clarify: Spreading life is difficult for some reason? Is that because there's not enough souls to go around or what? Could I use Power to encourage living things to get busy, for instance?
This gives me a idea! Andres, you should get on making a creation that spits out a continuous stream of blank souls. Solve the soul shortage, be the hero! The hero we all wish we could be!
I'm pretty sure that all creatures - non-sentient, sentient, and sapient - come with souls when created or born by default. If not, I'll be able to tell soon enough.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 31, 2015, 11:44:33 pm »

I just noticed that while the description says the "planet" is habitable to life, it doesn't say if there is life at the moment. Stirk, does the planet have any life on it or do we have to make some? Also, did you get the part where I said my energy count was wrong?

As a habitable planet, it is currently growing mundane plants. No wildlife exists yet. If anyone has any ideas for interesting but mundane plants, now would be the time to add them.
Plants who grow mirrors around them to additional sunlight onto their main photosynthesizing leaves & stalk.

"Vampire" Vines that root themselves in the trunks of tree, growing their roots into the heartwood of the true, sucking up all available nutrients and sap to feed themselves, causing the tree to wither and die.

Aquatic plants that grow on the surface on water. During their adolescent phase they grow specialized sail leaves which drop off after a few weeks/months, to help them spread and propagate themselves across the sea/ocean/lake.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:46:31 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 31, 2015, 11:45:05 pm »

Hearth Keepers are the fire spirits I price checked, for the record.

I just realized I forgot to mention if they're sentient or sapient. Does them being sapient increase their cost?

Although I should probably save the sapience for a species that can reproduce...

Then again, if Azem's Gem Dragons could reproduce...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 31, 2015, 11:46:08 pm »

I just realized I forgot to mention if their sentient or sapient. Does them being sapient increase their cost?

Although I should probably save the sapience for a species that can reproduce...
If you want them to worship you, make them sapient. If you want them to be sapient, they'll cost more. Just like Ye Gods.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 31, 2015, 11:46:49 pm »

Also, to clarify: Spreading life is difficult for some reason? Is that because there's not enough souls to go around or what? Could I use Power to encourage living things to get busy, for instance?
This gives me a idea! Andres, you should get on making a creation that spits out a continuous stream of blank souls. Solve the soul shortage, be the hero! The hero we all wish we could be!
I'm pretty sure that all creatures - non-sentient, sentient, and sapient - come with souls when created or born by default. If not, I'll be able to tell soon enough.
Yes? My point was propagating a species is just as expensive as creating them because you have to make their souls too. If there's a stream of blank souls to use instead that should probably drop the price of propagation.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 31, 2015, 11:50:36 pm »

Hm. How many toes would I be stepping on if I gave dying mortals the choice to become Hearth Keepers?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 31, 2015, 11:52:22 pm »

Hm. How many toes would be stepping on if I gave dying mortals the choice to become Hearth Keepers?
I'd be okay with it, though I'd prefer if you asked this question IC.

"These ants of yours interest me Izgalmo...if only for their status as Creation's first form of life. In all other respects, they seem dull. Their follow their senses and do as needed for their colonies. They have great minds, but little to do with them. I do believe some change is in order."

Use Essence to create to transform a quarter of Ant Drones into Archons. In form, Archons are twice the size of a drone and each are marked by bluish chitin. An Archon is able to produce pheromones  that unlike other ants, allows him full control over the Colony. Archons will continue to spread their rule until they come into conflict with another Archon's realm; Conflict or Peace will ensue depending on the whims of the Archon. Archons will attempt to impose their views on their populace. As is, all original Archons are aware of Mavnon and Izgalmo.
This is somewhat irritating though. If only because a quarter is too big a part of the population for a ruling caste. Micelus, could I convince you to make the fraction turned into Archons smaller?

Also, as for them not having anything to do with their minds A) More time to worship me and B) I was planning to give them portal magic next turn.

Oh well *shrugs*
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:54:54 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 31, 2015, 11:54:53 pm »

Yes? My point was propagating a species is just as expensive as creating them because you have to make their souls too. If there's a stream of blank souls to use instead that should probably drop the price of propagation.
First up, I'm pretty sure he was talking about temporarily increasing the amount of sex which should do nothing but increase the population. As for blank souls, I can certainly create some under three conditions.
The first condition is that the souls have to be made in bulk so that any discount I create can be large enough to be worth it.If you want to make 1E worth of creatures, it's best not to ask me.
The second condition is that I want a small fee for my services: 1E per 1E saved up to a maximum of 3E. If the Essence saved from using my services is 1E or less, there will be no fee.
The third is that the creatures must know of me and must send a modest amount of worship towards me.

Hm. How many toes would I be stepping on if I gave dying mortals the choice to become Hearth Keepers?
I'd be annoyed.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 31, 2015, 11:55:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 31, 2015, 11:57:23 pm »

Oh, okay, that's fine, as long as it is consistently applied to the rest of the created races as well. The chief source of my anger was the welling suspicion in my gut that any races created this turn would get their first "worship essence harvest" exactly the same time I got my first one.

No, as a product everyone will start getting essence the tick after they are created. If Andres does create his humans this tick, he won't get the bonus until next one.

I personally like reading about detailed creations, but don't have any real preference. I would personally prefer it if everyone made their creations as detailed as they want, since they aren't my creations after all.

I don't believe I said that, and didn't really mean to suggest it. Creating creatures is linear because what you are doing is directly creating the beings yourself. Cleverly using energy in a way like that is possible, and it is possible to do things like increase birthrate in their creations.

$$$ANSWER

Including Earth-like (or otherwise mundane) wildlife:+5E

So 5E.

This is wrong. I should be at 6/9/10. I spent 4 Essence voting on the sun and 1 Essence voting on the world. I spent 4 Power voting on the sun. Then add in the Essence and Power I gained this Tick.

I see, I mixed up the power and 1 essence spending. Fixed.

Are you sure that making blank souls for mortals is a good idea  :P?

Plants: If you want to make them IC, go ahead. Someone (maybe me  :P) should probably start making a list of all the creations.

Sheet incoming.

Go ahead and start playing once it is done, I am going to sleep soon. Work tomorrow morning.

I just realized I forgot to mention if they're sentient or sapient. Does them being sapient increase their cost?

If unspecified for something like this, I assume sapient. Basically, here, Sapient=human like sentient=Animal like non-sentient=puppet like. I also assumed they could reproduce, lets just not worry about the mechanisms  :P.

Name: 'Sevron
Spheres: Time and Life
Primary form/associated symbol: He appears as a towering, humanoid stone being with piercing red eyes, his substance worn with age, with his symbol being a weathered stone.
Description/Background: This god is the recorder of all things, and a lesser creator of Life. He has seen many things, and will see many more. He is familiar with paradoxes and time-dilation. He is a fervent believer in every living thing's right to exist, and has seen too many things die. He does, however, also believe that he should be the only one to modify his (living) creations.

Accepted.

Alright, bedtime. Starting to effect my writing anyway.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:58:55 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 31, 2015, 11:58:13 pm »

Be perfectly fine with it. So long as they retain their original minds and don't have loyalties changed.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 31, 2015, 11:59:31 pm »

Well I should've said followers.

Although speaking of that, I wonder how much nature overlap there will be between our followers? The shared sphere thing and all.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 01, 2015, 12:00:36 am »

I'm fine with followers worshiping multiple deities.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 01, 2015, 12:00:45 am »

First up, I'm pretty sure he was talking about temporarily increasing the amount of sex which should do nothing but increase the population.
Who was talking about that? I was talking about Stirk saying using essence to propogate a species is just as expensive as creating them because you have to make their souls.

As for blank souls, I can certainly create some under three conditions.
The first condition is that the souls have to be made in bulk so that any discount I create can be large enough to be worth it.If you want to make 1E worth of creatures, it's best not to ask me.
The second condition is that I want a small fee for my services: 1E per 1E saved up to a maximum of 3E. If the Essence saved from using my services is 1E or less, there will be no fee.
The third is that the creatures must know of me and must send a modest amount of worship towards me.
You seem to be interested in making batch orders of souls. That wasn't what I was talking about. I was thinking some sort of "soul volcano" that constantly spews out a small steady supply of souls. It'd seem the sort of thing you're god would like to make since she has a soul fetish.

Plants: If you want to make them IC, go ahead. Someone (maybe me  :P) should probably start making a list of all the creations.
Uh what? That'd cost essence though? You said we could suggest some ordinaryish plants that exist in the world. Are my suggestions not mundane enough?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:12:05 am by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 01, 2015, 12:10:28 am »

That's something you'd need to ask individual permissions for, I think. I wouldn't want that to happen to my creation personally.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've put your sheet in the character list here (adding a link here just in case you missed it in the op. You might find it useful if you want to get a better idea of who everyone is playing as).
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 166