Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 234455 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1500 on: June 22, 2015, 10:16:59 pm »

New angel template:
*Flight
*Can teleport to some precision (near/above/somewhere in the city as opposed to inside a specific building, as was the goal) and between dimensions (same way gods can)
*God-aligned
*Holy to god and god's spheres
*Mental link with god
*Mind, body, and soul is as powerful as four Humans put together
*Sapient
*Sphere-based special abilities (mine can use soul/blood sense, for example)
*Can change physical form

EDIT: Sorry for double post. Meant to copy this into previous post.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:22:13 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: June 22, 2015, 10:56:58 pm »

You priced checked Great Beasts when they were originally going to be sapient in the first place, but didn't include the Whelps.

$$$
Whelps would be basically partially animalistic humanoids with their animal-like features greatly dependent on the Great Beast they ride along with. They're basically nomads living in a symbiotic relationship with the Great Beasts. Now I'm questioning whether or not those Great Beasts should be Awakened for it...ah, so, basically, their traits depend partly on the animal they're based on (snake-whelps would be more agile and probably have a long neck and poisonous fangs, hawk-whelps could probably glide or fly for short(?) periods of time and have great vision, and boar-whelps is a cool dude who doesn't afraid of anything), but they're also usually shorter-lived than humans, faster(usually; tortoise-whelps probably aren't), heal more quickly, breed fairly quickly, and somewhat more emotional/instinctual than rational/logical in the way they think. They're aren't actually dumber, just...dumber. They'd rather trust their gut feeling and tradition than fancy convoluted logic chains. Not to say they can't put two and two together, of course.

How many Saplings are there? How many non-Sapling, non-Polyp followers do I have? How advanced is Sapling society? How well do they seem to be getting along? What are their standards of living? And how well do they get along with the other races?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: June 22, 2015, 11:15:04 pm »

New angel template
By this template, Aurosseu has literally thousands upon thousands of Angels. 'As powerful as four humans' is not really all that powerful.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: June 22, 2015, 11:16:25 pm »

Nilva has quite a few as well based on that template. Not a full spectrum of listed abilities, but most of them and then some.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: June 22, 2015, 11:22:07 pm »

It's also a very strange unit of measurement.

Does it mean as in total combat ability? Or is non-combat ability included? If something is four times as strong and four times as fast, that's quite a bit more than four times as powerful, after all. Does it mean in terms of magical ability?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: June 22, 2015, 11:31:28 pm »

Do note that most Templates will be on an individual bases. I have already outlined the problems with having a single Angel template before.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: June 22, 2015, 11:31:59 pm »

New angel template
By this template, Aurosseu has literally thousands upon thousands of Angels. 'As powerful as four humans' is not really all that powerful.
How? What creatures are like the angel template?

Nilva has quite a few as well based on that template. Not a full spectrum of listed abilities, but most of them and then some.
How? What creatures are like the angel template?

It's also a very strange unit of measurement.

Does it mean as in total combat ability? Or is non-combat ability included? If something is four times as strong and four times as fast, that's quite a bit more than four times as powerful, after all. Does it mean in terms of magical ability?
Say you have four humans. If you concentrated all their arm muscles into a single separate arm, that's how strong the angel would be. (Minus the extra weight.) As for magical ability, I have no idea. It would work on the same principle as the arm muscle principle but I'm not sure how that would work with magic. What I definitely do know is this: if an average Human has 100 mana, the angel would at least have 400 mana.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: June 22, 2015, 11:40:58 pm »

I'm going to keep the creatures an open secret for a little while longer, but as it seems Ama is losing interest, I might drop the secrecy soon.

Let's check for sure if the creatures fit the template: Flight? Check. Teleportation? Check. Cross-dimension teleportation? Check. God-aligned? Check. Holy? Check. Mental link? Check. As powerful as 4 humans? More powerful, actually. Sapient? Close enough. Sphere-based special abilities? Check. Shapeshifting? Check.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: June 22, 2015, 11:44:58 pm »

Let's check for sure if the creatures fit the template: Flight? Check. Teleportation? Check. Cross-dimension teleportation? Check. God-aligned? Check. Holy? Check. Mental link? Check. As powerful as 4 humans? More powerful, actually. Sapient? Close enough. Sphere-based special abilities? Check. Shapeshifting? Check.
Well let's make it so that angels are like you described except they're sapient and have the same level of power, holiness, and sphere-based special abilities of 3E worth of those creatures fused into a singular being.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:53:57 pm by Andres »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: June 22, 2015, 11:46:09 pm »

So the equivalent of about 6000 or so Humans, I'm guessing?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: June 22, 2015, 11:46:56 pm »

As for mine:

Flight? Check. Teleportation. No, wouldn't be hard to add though. Cross-dimension teleportation? Refer to previous. God-aligned? Check. Holy? Define Holy. Mental link? Check. As powerful as 4 humans? Way more powerful. Sapient? Most yes. Sphere-based special abilities? Check. Shapeshifting? Check.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: June 22, 2015, 11:51:12 pm »

Well, for me, Flight's a no, teleportation's a no, God-aligned is probably, Holy is essentially, Mental link is sorta, as powerful as 4 humans is ridiculously low comapred to them, Sapient is yeah, Sphere-based abilities is yeah more or less with more on the way, and Shapeshifting is a no.

So I suppose Great Trees aren't really angels after all, hmmmm.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: June 22, 2015, 11:56:17 pm »

So the equivalent of about 6000 or so Humans, I'm guessing?
Probably not, considering that non-power-related stuff also goes into the angel's 3E cost.

Well, for me, Flight's a no, teleportation's a no, God-aligned is probably, Holy is essentially, Mental link is sorta, as powerful as 4 humans is ridiculously low comapred to them, Sapient is yeah, Sphere-based abilities is yeah more or less with more on the way, and Shapeshifting is a no.

So I suppose Great Trees aren't really angels after all, hmmmm.
lol'd

$$$
Price check on a sapient, winged lizard that can breathe fire. It is the size of that big one on the furthest right
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 12:03:20 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: June 23, 2015, 12:02:23 am »

How would this definition I gave earlier work? It's not really a template, but it goes in reverse as to what you can call an Angel.

By the way, how exactly did/do angels work? I figure that's more down my alley than all this race/world creating nonsense.
Create powerful, immortal beings that serve you. That's about it. They can be pretty much any shape or form, have any powers you can afford, and be as loyal as you want them to, though less loyal ones seemed to be slightly more powerful than more servant-like ones in YG. Using angels, you can get things done without paying (as much) resources. If mortals worship your angels, you get the resources unless you decide otherwise.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: June 23, 2015, 12:04:11 am »

If either of you two have spirits, I think you're cheating on the flight count.

On an unrelated note, I don't think I want to be an invading soldier who has to deal with angry Hearth Spirits.

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 166