Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mightyhelms(Let's play)  (Read 4597 times)

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mightyhelms(Let's play)
« on: December 03, 2007, 08:31:00 am »

Since all my attemps at succesion games fail miserably due save corruption, i decided to start a Let's Play.

To "join" just post the name of your dwarf and any prefference for his proffesion.

The cast right now:
nick-rearname-costum proffesion-real proffesion
Asehujiko Coppercrushed, Excavator(miner)
Akroma Fortresspaged, Treeslayer(woodcutter/carpenter)
Gloryglazes Torchzeal, Architect(mason/building designer)
Dwarmin Bellscarred, Crafter(bonecarver/mechanic)
Nebouxii Growthbolt, Farmer(grower/fisher/herbalist)
Nosey Lanternodor, Chef(brewer/cook/butcher)
-NPC- Hillwork, Supervisor(leader/bookeeper/broker/manager)

There are currently 0 empty spots.
There are currently 0 people in queue.

Queue:

The narrative is be a mix between "realtime" story and diary entries. The regular story are either be from my point of view or that of the "npc", the diary entries will be wriiten from any relevant perspective.

And now, on with the show!

Diary of Unib Inenducim, dated 16th obsidian.
I am approaching the fortress i was appointed leader of. It shouldn't be more then 2 weeks till i arrive now. The forest surrounding me gives me the creeps. I met up with a trader who was heading to Mightyhelms as well. A miner named Asehujiko offered me a ride on his wagon. A nice kind of guy overall, only a bit gruff at times.

Diary of Asehujiko Gusillôm, dated 18th obsidian.
I looks like the gal i picked up two days ago is the type that didn't set foot outside the mountainhomes untill that morning. She demanded for something to eat other then turtle. So i set out to demonstrate the food quality arround these parts. When i returned with the rotten deer i had caught she stared at it for a few minutes and then asked "do you call THAT food!?" I replied that if she didn't like it, the turtle was waiting. At that point, the zombie animal got up again and walking off as if nothing happened.

Diary of Asehujiko Gusillôm, dated 27th obsidian.
We are hardly one day away from the fort but there are no signs of it yet. I'm begining to wonder wether or not we got assigned to some military base concealed to prevent goblin detection. If so, why the hell would the mountainhomes send this obviously inexperienced woman to lead the place? Speaking of which, she hasn't said a word about the food ever since the undead deer incident.

I got to stop at this point, i need some names to continue.

[ December 03, 2007: Message edited by: Asehujiko ]

[ December 03, 2007: Message edited by: Asehujiko ]

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mightyhelms(Let's play)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 08:38:00 am »

Slap me down for your chef, name is nosey
Make sure my character always refers to his food as "Slop" and every type of Alcohol he makes is pretty much the greatest brew known to all Dwarfkind (Atleast to himself).

[ December 03, 2007: Message edited by: Nos3y ]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 08:40:00 am »

I guess I'll be the wood cutter, who hopefully also becomes chief of the guard
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 10:12:00 am »

Gloryglazes, the architect;
very visionary but a bit detached from reality, wears "sunglasses" whiteout glasses and a blue [whatever they are called, those flat soft hats that artists wear. Basker?], when explaining makes many sweeping gestures, always comes up whit ridiculously ambitious engineering projects, that he will go on forever about, and why you MUST build them and refuses to realize how impossible they are.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 10:20:00 am »

Still need 2 more untill i can start writing up the spring report. It will mainly be an introduction to the other characters because nothing important happened in the fort. The forest is sinister and is doing just that, being sinister without anything happening.

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 11:15:00 am »

Best bet would be to just start, have the two characters not named yet to be nicknamed at a later point. Posting more story causes more people to wander in   :)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 11:27:00 am »

Sign me up for bone carver and mechanic! bones...yes
I can carve stone mugs in my spare time.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Werdnari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 11:28:00 am »

Nebouxii Growthbolt, Farmer If you would be so kind!

I wonder what sort of horrible death I can die in this fortress!

[Edit:] got beat to the crafter!

[ December 03, 2007: Message edited by: Werdnari ]

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 01:52:00 pm »

Mightyhelms Construction site, 1st granite 1051.
The forest was abandoned and wheels of the wagon made sogging noises as they plowed through the mud. "So where is the damn fortress you were appointed leader of"? Asehujiko asked in a loud voice. "If i knew that, we wouldn't be sitting here in the rain" came an equaly annoyed sounding awnser. "I..." Asehujiko stopped paying attention to the ranting clerk as soon as he heard a sound that did not match with the rain, wind or the noise of the wagon. Footsteps. "Shut up for a while please" With a perplexed face Unib closed her mouth. The footsteps drew closer. Too heavy for wildlife, too fast for the human traders who occasionaly travel here. Could that deer have gotten a message over to the local cemetery? "Who goes there!" Asehujiko shouted. After a short pause, a reply came from the thick curtain of falling water "Dwarven builders, looking for a mountainhomes suposed to be near here. We carry a message for it's leader". Unib jumped off the wagon and shouted back. "You found the leader but we are looking for that fortress as well. Asehujiko closely observed the two travelers as they stepped forward towards the wagon. The one of the left, a good looking woman carrying a large axe on her mack, and by she shape of her arms, she knew how to use it as well. The other, an exentric looking guy constantly mumbling to himself. The woman with the axe stepped forward, handing a letter over to Unib. "Akroma Fortresspaged, woodcutter and that bloke over there is refuses to mention his name but from his luggage i'd guess he is an architect of some sort". A quick glance at the other newcomer revealed this guess to be pretty accurate. His backpack contained a large collection of pencils, rulers, mason's tools and construction plans for what looked like a huge spider. A scream of rage coming from Unibs direction indicated she wasn't happy with the contents of the letter. "I'll kill the bastard when i get back to the mountainhome! You there, start digging. We begin building a new fort right now". With an irritated voice Asehujiko replied "I don't know what you think is a suitable fortress site but this isn't realy the type of soil i want to live in". He pointed a pool of mud where slowly, the skeletal form of a fox emerged. "Build it in the sky if you have to!". "If i may", The anonymous mason stepped forward. "I'm Glorygazes Torchzeal, Architect of the mountainhomes. I have been sent here to asist the mayor of Mightyhelms with the construction of an expansion to an existing fort. Because there was always the possibility of instability of the lower levels i made a few plans for above ground expansion, like for example in my hometown of Claspedboats, we once tried to expand a dining hall with a second floor, but we had the problems of not being able to build the pillars in the right spot, which drove the old architect there crazy, he's a nice guys usualy but when he gets mad he's a sight to behold, like for example that one time that an elf told him he used too much wood in his bedroom designs and then he-" "Get to the point please" Asehujiko interrupted him. The archiect grabbed a few of his drawings and spread them out of an empty spot in the wagon. And started explaining the details of them to Unib, who from the look of her face, didn't understand a word of it. While Gloryglazes was busy explaining the aerodynamic properties of what looked like an enormous dildo, Asehujiko first noticed the newcomers that had silently entered the camp. He beckoned them over and they moved closer. "We were looking for the local fortress when we stubled onto you guys" The first one said. "I assume you are heading there too?". "Were heading to. We just found out it doesn't actualy exist and the gal over there  wants us to build it. Asehujiko Coppercrushed, miner" "Dwarmin Bellscarred, crafter. Those two over there are Nebouxii Growthbolt, a local farmer and Nosey Lanternodor, our cook." "We could use you over here, this turtle supply isn't going to last forever." "If it lasts  us till autumn, we can sell crafts made from it's bones and shell to passing caravans for more food." "True, but i still prefer a plate full of plump helmet. Come, i'll introduce you to to the other inhabitants". One round of introductions later, the dwarves started setting up to start building one of Gloryglazes'  less insane plans - A wooden lodge like humans use exept bigger. The first thing  that had to be done was clearing the trees(Asehujiko's wagon barely fit through, the larger caravan variety would get stuck where the forest begins) while Asehujiko began digging out a farming area in one of the less muddy areas. they agreed to all help with the construction of the lodge while Akroma provided the rest with the logs. Most time was spent helping Gloryglazes get past his phobia for splinters.

During the entire conversation, hollow eyes watched from the forest. They watched and waited.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »

The Great Wall of Text.  :D

Great story, might even turn out Beyond Quality.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...