Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Severed World - A 2D Retro ORPG in Development  (Read 1837 times)

Doohl

• Bay Watcher
  • [OMNIPOTENT]
    • View Profile
Severed World - A 2D Retro ORPG in Development
« on: May 28, 2015, 10:56:30 pm »

Hello guys! Long-time lurker and fan of DF here -

A friend and I have recently pushed out a game we've been working on now for over six months: Severed World!

Severed World is a 2D online RPG that combines colorful, charming pixel art with arcade-like gameplay and modern MMO/ORPG features to offer something a little different when it comes to multi-player experiences. The PvP/PvE plays similar to Zelda in the sense that it's more of an Action-RPG than an ORPG/MMORPG in many ways, but with a big focus on PvP, raiding dungeons, questing with friends, and crafting.

We've recently decided to begin a Kickstarter campaign to help fund the game's rapid completion, and perhaps give us a bit more leeway to add more features and polish the game as much as we can, to deliver an end product that we're truly proud of. We've recently passed our 20% milestone, but we need your support to help make Severed World a successful game.

Please check out our Kickstarter campaign and promotional video at: http://kck.st/1RmgoVi

As the title suggests, this will be a cross-platform and mobile-compatible title, so players will be able to access the game from any web-ready device. Thank you for taking the time to read this! If the game interests you in the slightest, consider leaving even a meager backing to help us out a tad. Or you can spread the word about or campaign!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:58:35 pm by Doohl »

Ruskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Severed World - A 2D Retro ORPG in Development
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 11:31:03 pm »

Welp, this looks quite interesting

*prepares to load money throwing catapult*

PTW

Doohl

• Bay Watcher
  • [OMNIPOTENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 10:55:35 pm »

We've actually reached 36% funding so far. Exciting, to say the least!

If anyone has any questions about the project, feel free to ask in this thread and I'll try to answer as quickly as I can.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 04:02:50 pm »

Reminds me a bit of Secret of Mana.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 07:41:01 pm »

I'm slightly concerned about the possibility of buying power with the existence of a kickstarter exclusive class and items. What do you have to say about that?