Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 696529 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Aesop's Fables For Humanists
« Reply #1710 on: July 04, 2015, 12:31:02 am »

Mods will fix this obvious oversight. The collaborators will get theirs yet.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: July 04, 2015, 04:47:07 am »

So that video, was it the first time they mentioned xcom being betrayed?
What video? I was attracted to this (very spammy verbose) thread by it's title. I mean the "fables" bit, not the X-COM bit, I follow that part.

This video:  http://xcom.com/news/what-happened-to-central-officer-bradford

That last question, "Can you do reverse terror missions?"

Ayy Qaeda denied.
Eh. Considering that the very first mission is you bombing a monument, I'd say it doesn't take a civvie-murdering to ayy quaeda.

E: After watching that vid: the 'betrayal' is explicitly stated to be the council shutting down XCOM, and I think they accidentally let slip one of the weapon tiers - magnetic - as well as the ol' lasers.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:16:40 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: July 04, 2015, 05:28:31 am »

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:36:09 am by puke »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: July 04, 2015, 05:34:44 am »

E: After watching that vid: the 'betrayal' is explicitly stated to be the council shutting down XCOM, and I think they accidentally let slip one of the weapon tiers - magnetic - as well as the ol' lasers.
I noticed the magnetic weapons thing too. Sounds like something interesting. Maybe they're trying LW's 4 tiers of weapons rather than 3.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: July 04, 2015, 05:37:36 am »

Right now it looks like the weapons are going to be like this:

Ballistics -> Magnetic Weapons -> Plasma-Beam-Thingy Weapons (see Viper's gun in trailer)

blargh rage
okay, bye.
I was just clarifying something that you apparently didn't see in my post. But okay, sure, interpret it as rage?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:39:37 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: July 04, 2015, 05:49:10 am »

I noticed the magnetic weapons thing too. Sounds like something interesting. Maybe they're trying LW's 4 tiers of weapons rather than 3.

Probably, or both LW and the Dev's are drawing from the Gauss weapons in TFTD.  That tree went standard-gauss-sonic, so it was still only 3.

You're right though, I think a lot of what they are doing is inspired by LW.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: July 04, 2015, 05:49:22 am »

Ballistics -> Magnetic Weapons -> Plasma-Beam-Thingy Weapons (see Viper's gun in trailer)
They explicitly mentioned Lasers too, and Viper has a plasma gun.

It'll probably be color-coded. Yellowish ballistics, blueish magnetics, red lasers and green plasma.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: July 04, 2015, 06:18:02 am »

It'll probably be color-coded. Yellowish ballistics, blueish magnetics, red lasers and green plasma.
You forgot Love Cannon Pink.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: July 04, 2015, 12:58:05 pm »

That sounds like an 80s band.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: July 04, 2015, 01:10:44 pm »

ADVENT has already been confirmed as using Gauss weapons.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: July 04, 2015, 01:48:49 pm »

You mean Mind Control Purple?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: July 05, 2015, 11:33:48 pm »

Y'know, the only major issue I have with the "Guerilla Warfare" thing XCOM 2 is gonna be doing is well...what is the end game gonna be like? I mean do you sorta transition back to XCOM 1 level resources throughout the game or what? How exactly does XCOM "win" in this scenario? Because it sure doesn't seem likely they'll full on kick the ayys out and pull the temple mission thing.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: July 05, 2015, 11:57:10 pm »

In one of the E3 interviews the guy there was asked about going into space with the Avenger.
I believe his words were "You may like what you see."

I can post the URL to the interview if anyone wants.
EDIT: As requested. It should start a tiny bit before the space thing is mentioned.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:58:09 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1724 on: July 06, 2015, 06:26:04 am »

Well I'm not really a fan of the 'you lost' plot, and the gameplay trailer didn't show anything that wowed me (except a snake-tongue that needed balancing), but hell they are going the 'full mod support' route, so I'm still optimistic.

Going and fucking up the ayy's supply lines or something & thereby cutting off everything on earth does seem like a path to 'victory'.
Or building up a grass-roots revolt country-by-country, kinda like the opposite of what happened in the first game.
Maybe both- you build up your allies & once you've got world-wide support the final battle is cutting off the supply & watching as the humans retake their planet.

Or of course they could just use some deus ex machina to genocide the aliums.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 469